Trekcore Book Club

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Electricbolt

Electricbolt

Ferengi Marauder

• 1,641 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 12:03 AM

It was brought up in a thread recently and discussed by the staff and now I have the privilege to let you know that a Book Club is now here!

We will be reading and discussing various Trek books each month here at the Omega Sector and hopefully have fun doing it!

The first book reading will begin April 1st (no this isn't an April Fool's joke) and we'll have the discussion on the 29th!

So, for those of you interested, our first read will be Star Trek Vanguard: Harbinger!

Posted Image

#2 Chris McKeown

Chris McKeown

Refit Galaxy-Class Starship

• 6,640 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 12:53 AM

I'll pick mine up this week. :)

"Today is a good day for coffee"
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 Klaus

Klaus

Omega Sector Staff

• TrekCore Staff
  • 579 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 12:55 AM

I just got the 3 Worlds of DS9 books and Warpath lol, but I'll try to get Vanguard and read it by the 29th... :angel_not:
Posted Image
---
Elen síla lúmenn omentielvo!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Electricbolt

Electricbolt

Ferengi Marauder

• 1,641 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 01:11 AM

I just got the 3 Worlds of DS9 books and Warpath lol, but I'll try to get Vanguard and read it by the 29th... :angel_not:
Posted Image

I originally wanted to do Warpath, but decided I should just do one of the books I just picked up since I don't have time to go up to the bookstore and order another book, besides the fact that I'm broke right now :P

#5 captain spock

captain spock

Sovereign-Class Starship

• 7,821 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 02:11 AM

i'll try to pick up that book, when i get payed on (pay day) my daughter calls it crumb day.

#6 Cpt. Jeff

Cpt. Jeff

TOS Audio Capper

• 3,113 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 02:41 AM

I might pick it up- we'll see, I getmost of mine used. Next time could we do an older bok (that's still really good and in stores still?)
Your castles may tumble (that's fate after all)/ Lifes really funny that way/ No use to grumble, smile as they fall/ Werent you king for a day?
Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

You have enemies? Good. That means that You've stood for something in your life.- Winston Churchill

"Fascism should rather be called corporatism, as it is the merging of government and corporate power."
Benito Mussolini

#7 Ktrek

Ktrek

Vulcan D'Kyr-Class

• 100 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 04:10 AM

Harbinger is one of the best Trek books to come down the pike for a while. This should be a lot of fun!

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

#8 Electricbolt

Electricbolt

Ferengi Marauder

• 1,641 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 03:46 PM

I might pick it up- we'll see, I getmost of mine used. Next time could we do an older bok (that's still really good and in stores still?)

Yeah, that is the plan as of this moment.. new book one month, older one the next.

#9 Cpt. Jeff

Cpt. Jeff

TOS Audio Capper

• 3,113 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 07:31 PM

okay, sounds good.
Your castles may tumble (that's fate after all)/ Lifes really funny that way/ No use to grumble, smile as they fall/ Werent you king for a day?
Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

You have enemies? Good. That means that You've stood for something in your life.- Winston Churchill

"Fascism should rather be called corporatism, as it is the merging of government and corporate power."
Benito Mussolini

#10 RandyS

RandyS

Intrepid-Class Starship

• 1,094 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 11:00 PM

Can those of us who read the book back in January (and consequently no longer remeber the fine details), and read close to fifty books since, join in?
Posted Image

#11 Electricbolt

Electricbolt

Ferengi Marauder

• 1,641 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 01:39 AM

Can those of us who read the book back in January (and consequently no longer remeber the fine details), and read close to fifty books since, join in?

It is open to anyone who wished to join in. :cool:

#12 Guest_Will Riker_*

Guest_Will Riker_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2006 - 04:50 AM

I'll try to pick it up.

#13 Virogen

Virogen

TrekCore Webmaster

• Omega Sector Admin
  • 5,757 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 08:49 PM

What time will the discussion be? I'd like to add it to the events calendar.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#14 Electricbolt

Electricbolt

Ferengi Marauder

• 1,641 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 09:02 PM

I have no clue actually, I was waiting to see where everyone was at so we can make an appropriate time because of the time zone differences.

Nebula image in header courtesy Ali Ries.