Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stourangeau

My Starships...

1,027 posts in this topic

I just got my copy of illustrator a few days ago, can you point me to a site that has tutorials? they dont have to be trek tutorials. im just curious on learning it. Okudagrams.com give a video tutorial every once and a while.

I just got my copy of illustrator a few days ago, can you point me to a site that has tutorials? they dont have to be trek tutorials. im just curious on learning it. Okudagrams.com give a video tutorial every once and a while.

unfortunatly, I don't know any good site either that has tuts on them. I have been working in Illustrator for a long time know. Book wise you could try the visual quickstart guide to Illustrator.

Ohhh... I really like the Titan as an MU ship.... very cool.

Thanks... Its amazing how many sites have photoshop tuts on them, but IMO illustrator is better.

But Thanks anyway :)

Ohhh... I really like the Titan as an MU ship.... very cool.

I like evil self better myself. :cylonanime01:

Your wallpaper looks great! Evil Troi is SO sexy!

I've got to get a copy of that! I do everything by hand, or in photoshop.

Want to trade some artwork? I'd like a shot of me with the ISS Tiberius in the background and one of your swords. Mybe we could work on something together. I've got a script I've been working on for almost four years. How would you like to work on a comic together?

:crickets:

Wow!!

Your work and your imagination are incredible!

Thanks for sharing

Baq

Well here is the first shot of my next Imperial Starship the I.S.S. Icarus.

She is a destroyer size starship. I have posted a size chart with my other ships to show her size.

I.S.S.IcarusTOP.jpg

I've got to get a copy of that! I do everything by hand, or in photoshop.

Want to trade some artwork? I'd like a shot of me with the ISS Tiberius in the background and one of your swords. Mybe we could work on something together. I've got a script I've been working on for almost four years. How would you like to work on a comic together?

I am currently a little bussy with other art requests, but I would be

interested in an art swap in the future. :)

I am currently a little bussy with other art requests, but I would be

interested in an art swap in the future. :)

Cool coffee beans! :thumbsup2:

I like the fact that the saucer is larger than in earlier destroyers.

I noticed what looks to be two small fighters attached to the ventral side of the Reliant (next to the nacelles); three small fighters attached to the ventral side of the Ares (in front of the main deflector); and one attached to the ventral side of the Titan (also in front of the main deflector). What are these? Are they fighters?

I like the fact that the saucer is larger than in earlier destroyers.

I noticed what looks to be two small fighters attached to the ventral side of the Reliant (next to the nacelles); three small fighters attached to the ventral side of the Ares (in front of the main deflector); and one attached to the ventral side of the Titan (also in front of the main deflector). What are these? Are they fighters?

Yes they are fighters. I decided to play around with the captain's Skiff/Yatch idea.

So instead of a Skiff/Yatch I made attack skiffs and warp fighters for my starfleet.

They work as extra support craft while in the fleet, of extra power for their

baseship while in battle. That way the imperial starfleet has a little more fire power while taking on rebels.

Here is a Icarus WIP shot of the bottom of the hull. I am about 50% done with this view, but I figured I would post my progress.

IcarusBottomWIP.jpg

Here is a Icarus WIP shot of the bottom of the hull. I am about 50% done with this view, but I figured I would post my progress.

IcarusBottomWIP.jpg

You do excellent work. :thumbsup2:

You do excellent work. :thumbsup2:

Thanks, it has taken me awhile to get to this point. A lot of trial and error, trying

out different techniques.

Well here are the finished Top and Bottom views of the I.S.S.Icarus.

I have also incuded the Ships logo as well as crew uniform patch.

The patch goes on the left shoulder of the uniform (if it has sleves). :devil:

Enjoy. I am not sure I will be working on her that much next week since

I will be on vacation. I will try and update before I leave.

IcarusTopBottom.jpg

IcarusLogos.jpg

Nice design! Are those two fighters on each side of the nacelle? Those are different designs as compared to the other fighters. or are these more like BSG Raptors?

Nice design! Are those two fighters on each side of the nacelle? Those are different designs as compared to the other fighters. or are these more like BSG Raptors?

Nope, no fighters on this ship just a couple of shuttles. Those are the upper torpedo

launcher housings. Take alook at the I.S.S. Titan for an example of what I mean.

I had to make a copy of that, hope you don't mind. That is a great pic. Thanks!! :thumbup::thumbsup2::thumbup:

No Problem, that is why i posted it so everyone could enjoy it.

That's some nice wallpaper! Your artwork is superior. I hope you keep it coming.

Here is a quick addition to my sharships. This is

the latest schematics for the U.S.S. Titan that I have been working with Marcho over at Pocket Books. I will post a bigger version when the book is published.

You will notice that the captain's skiff is now there, and we changed the nacells a little to add

a little more detail to them. You will see this in the final 3D version. Also I fixed the missing lifepods in the aft view.

Enjoy. :cylonweapons:

post-129-1141536319_thumb.jpg

Okay, I have been working on the Male Duty Uniforms for my Dark Mirror Universe. I need a little help deciding which way to go, so I am posting

my three ideas that I have so far. Let me know which way I should go.

Also I decided to go towards the Wrath of Khan style phasers for this universe.

Here are the choices for uniforms so far. Note these a re the command uniforms. I will make the crew uniforms similar but without the sash.

P.S. I needed time of on the Icarus. I will work more on here next week.

post-129-1142443459_thumb.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0