Sign in to follow this  
JayTheTrekkie

Tattoo

Favorite Overall Trek Series/Movie  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What is your overall favorite Star Trek series?

• Star Trek: Enterprise
    • Star Trek: The Original Series
    • Star Trek: The Animated Series
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation
    • Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
    • Star Trek: Voyager
  2. 2. What is your overall favorite Star Trek movie?

• Star Trek - I: The Motion Picture
    • Star Trek - II: The Wrath of Khan
    • Star Trek - III: The Search for Spock
    • Star Trek - IV: The Voyage Home
    • Star Trek - V: The Final Frontier
    • Star Trek - VI: The Undiscovered Country
    • Star Trek - VII: Generations
    • Star Trek - VIII: First Contact
    • Star Trek - IX: Insurrection
    • Star Trek - X: Nemesis

Title: Tattoo

Episode: Season 2, Episode 9

TELEPLAY BY: Michael Piller

STORY BY: Larry Brody

DIRECTED BY: Alexander Singer

First Aired: Nov 6, 1995

Stardate: Unknown

Summary:

Chakotay's away team finds a marking very similar to one used by Chakotay's own tribe. When he experiences flashbacks from his own youth and decides to investigate, he meets an alien who claims that Chakotay's tribe were seeded on Earth by a group of space faring wanderers.

Discuss :)

This was a very interested episode...we got to learn more about Chakotay's people. I liked this episode

I've got to admit that I like the flashbacks to Chakotay's past -I prefer him as a teenager than as he is now -, but other than that I wasn't that fond of it. The best part of this episode was when Chakotay got conked out by the tree. :evil:

Man I despise this episode. In fact, along with "The Fight", it has to be my most sleep-inducing, badly-written, badly-acted episode from the whole show!

In fact the only bit I enjoyed was having Neelix's eye being gouged out by a hawk :laugh:

lol I saw the title of the thread on the index and misread it lol I thought someone had gotten a tattoo and I was like, ooooo, wanna see! :laugh:

Poor tree...I mean uh...poor Chakotay! :giggle:

I liked Chakotay in this one. And I suspect he wishes he'd learned more of his tribal language the way things turned out here. Poor Neelix though!

This episode was annoying me today. As I said in my last post, I was feeling generous when I gave a 6. I'm not feeling generous now, so it's going down to a 5. I didn't like that there was an Earth plant and hawk all the way in the Delta Quadrant, and I found the montage/voice over with the sky spirits talking about how they visited Earth rather irritating.

I'm watching the episode in question as I type this. 

The B-plot was hilarious. Evil, evil Kes. 

Aaaas for the A-plot... There's a lot of things I question in this episode - one of 'em going on the lines of "why does the teenage Chakotay get the better, quotable lines?" and "why does it look like they used a stunt double for the scene around 31:48?" And I really want to know what language is the "language of his ancestors" is.

Giving a 7 because I'm a Chakotay fan. XD

Aaaas for the A-plot... There's a lot of things I question in this episode - one of 'em going on the lines of "why does the teenage Chakotay get the better, quotable lines?" and "why does it look like they used a stunt double for the scene around 31:48?" And I really want to know what language is the "language of his ancestors" is.

What was the exact event that happened at 31:48? If it was something particularly physical or dangerous, then they probably did use a stunt double.

When you say teen Chakotay got the more quotable lines, do you mean in comparison to adult Chakotay? I've got to admit, while I dislike Chakotay in the show, I actually like the teenage version shown here; he seems a lot more interesting.

And as far as I know, the language was just fictional.

What was the exact event that happened at 31:48? If it was something particularly physical or dangerous, then they probably did use a stunt double.

When you say teen Chakotay got the more quotable lines, do you mean in comparison to adult Chakotay? I've got to admit, while I dislike Chakotay in the show, I actually like the teenage version shown here; he seems a lot more interesting.

And as far as I know, the language was just fictional.

Physical? Maybe. Dangerous? Probably. To his fans, anyway.

That was the scene where he stripped down.

(I saw a quote from a convention report where RB said that there was a double on that scene. I can't really confirm if he's serious or not, because he seems to joke around when it deals with early Voyager stuff. A LOT.)

And, yea, the teen Chako seems to have better lines that the adult version. For the duration of the episode, anyway.

GAH. NOOO! Was there any mention of an inspirational source language? Or loanwords? OR SOMETHING?! D:

I don't know, I'm not aware of any, but that doesn't mean there wasn't any. It would be odd if they hadn't taken inspiration from at least one language as a basis.

Don't like this one very much, one of the most boring ones actually IMO. Only fun was the 29 hour flu the doc gave himself, which Kes changed so it took a little longer!

3/10

Don't like this one very much, one of the most boring ones actually IMO. Only fun was the 29 hour flu the doc gave himself, which Kes changed so it took a little longer!

3/10

I barely remember this episode at all.

Pretty sure I've only seen it on its original run.

There are a few things I recall from this episode. One, that young Chakotay mentions that he was mentored by Sulu. Possibly Hikaru himself or his daughter, Demora.

Also, this is what I call another "earth is the center of the Star Trek universe" episode. Aliens went to, of all places, Earth to award us some special prize. If it wasn't Q dipping his hand into the primordial soup, it was the Ferengi inadvertently creating Area 51, or the Vulcans giving us velcro, etc. etc. etc.

There are a few things I recall from this episode. One, that young Chakotay mentions that he was mentored by Sulu. Possibly Hikaru himself or his daughter, Demora.

Also, this is what I call another "earth is the center of the Star Trek universe" episode. Aliens went to, of all places, Earth to award us some special prize. If it wasn't Q dipping his hand into the primordial soup, it was the Ferengi inadvertently creating Area 51, or the Vulcans giving us velcro, etc. etc. etc.

Because Humans are special. :)

Because Humans are special. :)

Loki-loki-thor-2011-25199872-450-253.gif

Sign in to follow this