Sign in to follow this  
Frontier

Ghostbusters III - No, Really...

Frontier   

Awesome. Anyone else would be a real disappointment, save Harold Ramis or some such.

Daedalus   

If I could be described as hard core anything, it would be a hard core Ghostbusters fan. That being said... I am totally against GB3. Loved the cartoon series, love the new video game... but leave the movies alone for gosh sake. We don't need no stinking n00bs. Ergh.

Bill Murray only agreed to star in the upcoming Ghostbusters sequel if producers killed off his character in the first scene so he could come back as a spook.

The Lost In Translation star will join original line-up Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudson to film a third movie in the franchise, 21 years after Ghostbusters II hit cinemas in 1989.

And Murray has revealed he only agreed to reprise his role of Dr. Peter Venkman if movie bosses let him play a ghost.

He says, "Iā€™ll come back in Ghostbusters III only if I get to be a ghost. I said to them, 'I'll do it if you kill me off in the first reel.' So now they are going to have me as a ghost in the film.ā€

Ghostbusters III is scheduled for a 2012

As a ghost?! You know what's next? Dogs and cats living together and mass hysteria, that's what!

Actually might end up as a cool twist. I'll reserve final judgement for the movie when it's done.

:WarBird:

Frontier   

As a ghost?! You know what's next? Dogs and cats living together and mass hysteria, that's what!

Yeah? We'll I've seen $#!t that'll turn you white! :P Teeheehee.

I still haven't seen all of the first two... just bits and pieces.

O...

M...

G...

Seriously?

What's wrong with you!!??

"Ghostbusters" is perhaps one of the best movies of all time! It's a classic from day one! Half my childhood revolved around that movie and it's cartoon off-spring! I've seen it a few hundred times. Even got to see it on the big screen back in 2007, as a local theater had a print and a one weekend showing. Made many ghostheads (GB fans) jealous on that one!

Go rent it. Now. NOW, I demand! I insist! I berate you!

Seriously though, I highly recommend it. It's just awesome. Please see it ASAP or you'll have me all upset. :P :huh: :dontgetit: :shock:

As to the original reason for this thread... yes, this has been a very well known factoid for quite sometime, and was mentioned in my pinned GB3 thread many moons ago. So... *MERGING*

Though the addition of the fact we'll see Murray killed off "in the first reel" is a new tid-bit. Where does that come from, source wise?

This all stems from the recent GB video game. He enjoyed reprising the roll, enjoyed the banter, the character, working with his old pals again. But he also enjoyed just doing voice work, rather than the physicality of acting. Hence the solution that's making GB3 possible after a lifetime (seriously, I've waited most of my life!) wait.

Benedict   

A friend of mine absolutely despises Ghostbusters. The second one I could understand but the first one. It's blasphemy.

The plot for this film, Ghostbusters III though...well, I'll see closer to the time. It sounds fine, it's Ghostbusters after all but still wish they weren't bothering.

Benedict   

Well fine I'll go see it but it just doesn't feel right.

I'm happy to be proved wrong come 2012. On this and Star Trek (XII) :)

Wow, I had no idea there was actually a person on this earth who had not seen the movie...but then again I know 2 people who haven't seen Star Wars. Are all 3 of you related?

Kidding, kidding. :P

If anyone here asks if you are a god, you say YES!

:thumbsup2:

Frontier   

^^ LOL

Friend of mine is going to a convention, and Ernie Hudson is going to be there, and I'm having him get me a personalized photo "Doug - If Someone Asks You If You're a God, You Say YES!" from him. :thumbup:

Wow, I had no idea there was actually a person on this earth who had not seen the movie...but then again I know 2 people who haven't seen Star Wars. Are all 3 of you related?

Kidding, kidding. :P

If anyone here asks if you are a god, you say YES!

:thumbsup2:

LOL there are some people in our fencing club who haven't seen Star Wars. (I've seen all of them, even the prequels, so nyeh :P)

Frontier   

Well, I'm sorry K-Star.

I've no choice but to give you an ultimatum.

Go rent and see "Ghostbusters" - the original, 1984, Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd at some point over the next 14 days...

...Or I'm taking away your "Proud to be a Nerd!" user title. :P:ohmy::giggle: :devil: I'll replace it with "Claims to Be a Nerd, But LIES!" :biggrin::giggle::thumbup:

Abuse of power? Maybe. But it's for your own damn good! :laugh::thumbup::inlove:

Clock is ticking!!

Tone720   

Well, I'm sorry K-Star.

Go rent and see "Ghostbusters" - the original, 1984, Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd at some point over the next 14 days...

...Or I'm taking away your "Proud to be a Nerd!" user title. :P:ohmy::giggle: :devil: I'll replace it with "Claims to Be a Nerd, But LIES!" :biggrin::giggle::thumbup:

Abuse of power? Maybe. But it's for your own damn good! :laugh::thumbup::inlove:

Clock is ticking!!

Okay, I have a plan. I know exactly what to do. Now stay close, stay close. I know. Do exactly as I say. Ready, ready............................. GET HER!

:laugh: of course I jest, but as someone only 2 years older than Frontier I have also waited a long time for another movie after the slight disappointment of GB2. That said, I do think the game did something to fill in the gap and was one of those rare things that was actually worth the wait AND lived up to the hype quite spectacularly.... and that's coming from someone who in anything other than driving or fighting games is a VERY Casual gamer.

Edited by DaxFanDS9

Well, I'm sorry K-Star.

Clock is ticking!!

Done. I watched it on Hulu the other day. Didn't get all the way through it because my internet connection decided to be stupid, but I've seen the ending more than enough times on TV and it had crapped out on me around a part I knew already. :thumbup:

Edited by K-Star

Lexi   

Excited as I am, I'm going to go with the cautious crowd - it could be horrible. Although that "kill me and have me as a ghost!" thing cracked me up.

Edited by Lexi

Tone720   

Another small snippet.

http://www.femalefir...tman-76667.html

<h1></h1>

Ivan Reitman Facing Ghostbuster Excitement Today 09:55GMT

Ivan Reitman has admitted he is away of the excitement surrounding Ghostbusters 3.

Reitman will helm the third film in the franchise, twenty one years after the release of Ghostbusters II.

Speaking to Sci-Fi Wire the filmmaker said: "Certainly, Sony has been all over us for about two decades now, trying to get this going."

"We have this sort of very interesting deal in which we really control the forward progress of the movie. [sony] did a very interesting thing.

"They actually hired these two writers on their own, without consulting us, and basically said, 'We're going to start."

Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky are currently working on the script and the movie is expected to hit screens in 2011.

Reitman added: "[They are] very good writers, fortunately, and they wrote a first draft that was pretty good, considering that they didn't really talk to us that much.

"And I've since then been working with them for the last four or five months, just trying to get more of the kind of spirit of the film into it."

and also a nice little piece, can't say I agree with it entirely, but mostly

http://entertainment...ostbusters-iii/

example: instead of Thou Shalt Not Go 3D, I'd say "thou shalt not make another old character wear the suit and pack" It didn't really work when they did it with Louis Tully in GB2, and I seem to remember Janine even becoming a '5th' Ghostbuster in the cartoon at some point, if only for one episode.

Edited by DaxFanDS9

Frontier   

I doubt we'll see any old character, save Oscar who was an infant in GB2, wearing a proton pack. Half the point of this film is to be able to do more movies after it. To revive the franchise for the next generation. Which is why the new team, new 20-somethings, as new GBs.

Tone720   

I doubt we'll see any old character, save Oscar who was an infant in GB2, wearing a proton pack. Half the point of this film is to be able to do more movies after it. To revive the franchise for the next generation. Which is why the new team, new 20-somethings, as new GBs.

Indeed... but what's the betting some studio dumbass has put forward the idea of SLIMER donning a pack? "oh ya know what would be the ultimate injoke guy, a ghostbusting ghost" :rolleyes: (although you could argue this might have been a sort of genesis along with Bill Murray's refusal to appear onscreen, of the Venkman-appears-as-a-ghost idea?)

I saw an interesting Then-and-now-photo feature, it basically confirms what I already thought, Ernie Hudson is about the ONLY cast member who looks anything like he did then now, and has actually aged quite well... and yes I know it's FOX News, but please don't let that put you off.

http://www.foxnews.com/slideshow/entertainment/2010/02/22/thennow-cast-ghostbusters?test=faces

Sign in to follow this