Sign in to follow this  
Frontier

Ghostbusters III - No, Really...

Can't wait to see how time has treated them.

Ghostbusters-Photograph-C12119601.jpg

Well, it will be a CGI film. A luckily so, because it seems that only Ernie Hudson has aged the best. Dan Akroyd is thinning, Harold Ramis has become quite, um, plump. Bill Murray's been losing his hair for years now. Ernie Hudson still has his hair and hasn't gained a gargantuan amount of weight. :P No offense to the other golden boys, of course; but it's understandable why they'd decide on an animated film, instead.

Tone720   

so the Game is now out, anybody have it yet? Still think it's highly dubious that Sony were allowed to have that exclusivity deal so that in Europe the PS3 version would come out and the Xbox version would be delayed. I'm gonna try and get an import version I think as it's region free and I'll be able to play the US version on my UK Xbox... well as soon as I have the money anyways.

I haven't noticed if the 360 hasn't come out yet or not. But I'm going to get it as soon as I possibly can. I'm planning on getting that for my 360 and the new Indiana Jones game for my Wii.

Frontier   

Got the PC Version. Loving it!

360 is the way to go, though.

PS2 and PC had their multi-player RIPPED OUT! Bastards!

As far as the third film goes, I'm still hopefully optimistic. The fact they got a script made is epic. Rumor has it they're in talks with Ivan Rietman to return and direct. These things just take time sometimes.

I also think Sony wanted to see how the game faired, financially, before they made up their minds.

Tone720   

Hmm my thoughts exactly... also that might have been part of the reason for this annoying (and probably in some way only borderline legal) exclusivity deal with Sony for release. Even this in addition to GT5 isn't enough to make me get a PS3... yes I know ya get a Bluray drive, but if I wanted, I could get an internal one for my PC cheaper, plus I'm waiting for prices to drop.

Guest ElevendyFive   
Guest ElevendyFive

No the PC version didn't.

Do you not have Steam?

Download Steam, it'll give you multilayer access through dedicated public and private servers. That's how I purchased it.

Also, I'm really looking forward to the new film. I can't believe it's finally going to get a 3rd movie.

They'll be there but not as ghostbusters anymore as they retire and would hire 4 new people to take over. That's as far we know.

Edited by JayTheTrekkie

Frontier   

New news from Sigourney Weaver, out talking about Avatar!

Weaver also confirmed that rumours of her involvement in Ghostbusters 3 were not completely wide of the mark, despite previous comments to the contrary. She revealed potential new details of the planned film which have subsequently caused a stir of excitement on movie websites.

She told Channel 4 News: "I’m afraid to say it [Ghostbusters 3] is happening, I hope people are excited about that. I don’t know if I’m going to be in it, I have had a couple of calls asking ‘would you read the script’.

"I know that my little son Oscar – who was kidnapped from me – I think he has grown up to be a ghostbuster.

"I might be in it; I see nothing wrong with being in it, although I don’t think I will have a big part. I think Bill Murray has a little more to do with it - he’s a ghost."

I'd always thought Oscar should be one of the new GBs. It makes sense. Whether his name will be Oscar Barrett or Oscar Venkeman (presuming marriage, adoption) or even his never-seen-nor-named birth-fathers name, I'll be curious to find out. I think it would be good though to have it be Venkeman.

Tone720   

Yeah I saw the Venkman ghost thing too, sounds kinda weird but I guess it does get around the problem of Murray not being too willing to appear onscreen, but being willing to do the voice. Even previously used tech could make that look good (ala Librarian ghost from the very first scene of the first movie), so it should look friggin amazing now. Also like the Oscar idea, he'd be about 21 or something like that now, right? (assuming the movie is set around now/time of release and not a few more years near-future).

It's all starting to shape up nicely by the sound of things, still having the old guys there but passing the torch to GB: TNG :P

Frontier   

Well, I'd say Oscar was about 6 months old - or around that - in GB2, which was 1989, so yeah, he'd be 21 or so for the film which I can't see being released earlier than Winter of 2010, if that. That said, they'll likely find someone like Michael Cera or something to play him. Someone who can pass for anything from 16 to 30.

My dream casting would have Ryan Reynolds as one of the new GBs. He reminds me a lot of Bill Murray with a sharper, drier wit. He'd be a perfect "new" Venkeman type. But I think him being 40+ now it's unlikely. I see them not using anyone over 35, max, as a new GB and shooting for younger. Jonah Hill, Seth Rogen, so on.

Tone720   

My dream casting would have Ryan Reynolds as one of the new GBs. He reminds me a lot of Bill Murray with a sharper, drier wit. He'd be a perfect "new" Venkeman type. But I think him being 40+ now it's unlikely.

Indeed, although I thought he still looked quite young in Blade Trinity. I know that's a few years ago now. I'd hope his wit wouldn't clash with Murray's though, were he cast.

Frontier   

Harold Ramis is saying current plans indicate filming for this (2010) summer, with a release of 2011. Also re-affirms the new young GBs under the tutelage of all the originals.

Sign in to follow this