Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Frontier

Ghostbusters III - No, Really...

283 posts in this topic

The game is the "original" sequel, in a sense. It takes place 2 years or so after GB2. In a sense, it's GB3.

That said, the interest and nostalgia generated by the game looks to have been the final thing to convince SONY/Columbia to do a third film. No word on it's progress, script writing has no time table. All we know is what we have - it's being written. Whether it will be green lit, whether Bill Murray will participate, is all up in the air. Murray has softened on the idea of participation since doing this video game, though. I think remembering the good old days and such. So... we may get both. Right now the next film is looking more solid than it has in 2 decades though. :)

AWESOME game-play video...

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=75U8kECdSj8

Sigourney Weaver to talk with Bill Murray about GB 3.

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/12/04/will-...shes-got-ideas/

Indeed, was just going to post on that, heh.

I've always thought they should do exactly what Sigourney was asking, thinking. She and Venkman got married, he adopted Oscar, and one of the new Ghostbusters could be Oscar Venkman. Heh.

I like that Murray is apparently keen on a return to the franchise. I think doing the voice work for the video game might have played a bit part in that. He must have had fun doing it, and realized, "You know, one more spin around the block could be fun after all."

:biggrin:

Saw this on ctrl-alt-del :thumbup:

Lite20081207.jpg

The idea of a third Ghostbusters depresses me, more-so if Murray is in it. Man's a legend but he's got a career so to speak. It's been so many years, we don't need a third.

It's been so many years, we don't need a third.

A third has been on the minds of fans since GB II. The second was considered a mild disappointment, but there were some who still loved it. After GB II, fans who were disappointed by it played with the possibility of a third. And now, their wish is coming true.

A third might stilll never happen. Film ideas get going or rumours then fall flat. Pah, I don't know.

The GB rumors have been around for 15 years.

This is the first time the STUDIO has ever substantiated them.

Before, it was always Aykroyd who would stir the pot. Love the man, but he cried wolf so many times... lol.

This time, the studio said, "Yes, we've comprehended a script to be written." So it's more substantial.

A lot can still happen.

If it gets made, it won't be out until - earliest, 2010 I'd say, likely 11.

As to needing a third one... we really do. Why? Cause millions of Ghostheads says so!!!! :P

As to needing a third one... we really do. Why? Cause millions of Ghostheads says so!!!! :P

Indeed, for those millions, 'Bustin makes us feel good :laugh:

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Apatow-Prod...rs-3-12185.html

Things are moving right along. Apatow productions is now officially in charge of GB3, and the supposed fall start date for shooting is firming up. Negotiations have yet to happen with the actors, but that's the next step.

This is actually looking to happen.

O

M

G

I'll wait until the main four sign on. Especially Murray.

Then I'll partay!

What's awesome is, I splurged crazy-style and bought the Real Ghostbusters cartoon on DVD, and I've been watching it with my nephew (he'll be 3 in April) and so when this flick comes to theaters, I'll get to take him to see it. Which will be just a freaky experience for me, because I still remember going to see Ghostbusters 2 in the theater when I was the same age he'll be when GB3 hits theaters!

FREAKY! LOL

I'll wait until the main four sign on. Especially Murray.

Then I'll partay!

Good point then no partay yet until the 4 signs on first :P

This makes today even better. Awesome.

I thought Murray was against the idea of appearing himself on screen again, unless he was voicing a CGI version of Venkman? or has the game potentially changed that?

Maybe I'v been watching too much of Caddyshack, but I need Bill Murray in GB3. I don't think (if it goes ahead) he'll let down the other guys.

Who wouldn't get a chill when they power up the Proton Packs one last time?

Word. I liked Die Hard 3.

Seconded, thirded, and fourthedededed.

Bill better be in that movie...he's a funny guy lol

Harold Ramis talked with MTV about the third "Ghostbusters" film that is currently in the scripting phase, and Ramis revealed that while he’s still waiting on a first draft of the script from "Office" writers Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky, he, along with Dan Aykroyd and original director Ivan Reitman, have been consulting with the duo. Ramis also promised that all of the original core players will be taking part in the updated version, including Bill Murray (Dr. Peter Venkman) and Dan Aykroyd (Dr. Raymond Stantz): "We’re all going to be in it in different kinds of roles," Ramis said. "We’re going to be the sage mentors. There are going to be young Ghostbusters."

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1607995/story.jhtml

"We’re all going to be in it in different kinds of roles," Ramis said. "We’re going to be the sage mentors. There are going to be young Ghostbusters."

Sounds like they're gonna do a film version of Extreme Ghostbusters basically... but do it right this time, not a poor shadow of it's former glorious self :thumbup:

Where's Peter and Winston? :dontgetit:

I heard that the third movie was going to be CGI just like the recent TMNT.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0