Sign in to follow this  
Frontier

Ghostbusters III - No, Really...

I have no desire to see it at all.   Not even on Netflix.  Hell, I still have Fantastic Four on my hard drive (recorded off HBO); haven't watched it yet... :giggle:

Honestly, Ghostbusters will be better than F4.

I can't imagine anything worse than that film. Really.

From what you (and others) have told me, FF is a limp, lifeless mess.   At least the new GB movie has energy, if nothing else... 

I have no desire to see it at all.   Not even on Netflix.  Hell, I still have Fantastic Four on my hard drive (recorded off HBO); haven't watched it yet... :giggle:

From what you (and others) have told me, FF is a limp, lifeless mess.   At least the new GB movie has energy, if nothing else... 

Not even talking about the wooden acting, or what plot there is that actually leaves you rooting for Doom in the end.

The government considers the trans-dimensional travel a success and plans to return to plunder the planet and look for others to do the same to and Doom is fine with killing them all to stop it. I can't say that's the most horrible movie solution to the problem...

I just don't understand how you can have a superhero movie where the superheroes stay in one same room for 90% of the film talking.

RDJ as Tony Stark in his lab for an hour and a half talking to himself as he builds a new suit? I could probably watch that and be entertained.

But Miles Teller is no RDJ.

Not even talking about the wooden acting, or what plot there is that actually leaves you rooting for Doom in the end.

The government considers the trans-dimensional travel a success and plans to return to plunder the planet and look for others to do the same to and Doom is fine with killing them all to stop it. I can't say that's the most horrible movie solution to the problem...

I just don't understand how you can have a superhero movie where the superheroes stay in one same room for 90% of the film talking.

RDJ as Tony Stark in his lab for an hour and a half talking to himself as he builds a new suit? I could probably watch that and be entertained.

But Miles Teller is no RDJ.

Yeah, that trailer couldn't have looked worse if the film stock were smeared in expired mayonnaise... 

Finally got around to seeing this and actually quite enjoyed it. I happen to think the original might be one of the best Hollywood comedies ever, so this had a lot to live up to and isn't in the same league. Which isn't to say it isn't perfectly enjoyable in its own right, although the stoopid factor of the characters might be turned up to a different, much higher notch on the believability dial. The incredible trick that the original pulled off was that the characters, writ large though they were, felt real, a lot of which was down the precision performances of all involved and Reitman's note-perfect direction. Every player here, incredibly talented though they all are, is encouraged to go a little further, which has the weird side-effect of feeling like there's less at stake because it's all that little bit more cartoony. I really liked it it though - there's a lot to enjoy. Great popcorn movie. 

Finally got around to seeing this and actually quite enjoyed it. I happen to think the original might be one of the best Hollywood comedies ever, so this had a lot to live up to and isn't in the same league. Which isn't to say it isn't perfectly enjoyable in its own right, although the stoopid factor of the characters might be turned up to a different, much higher notch on the believability dial. The incredible trick that the original pulled off was that the characters, writ large though they were, felt real, a lot of which was down the precision performances of all involved and Reitman's note-perfect direction. Every player here, incredibly talented though they all are, is encouraged to go a little further, which has the weird side-effect of feeling like there's less at stake because it's all that little bit more cartoony. I really liked it it though - there's a lot to enjoy. Great popcorn movie. 

Really?  I'm surprised.  That might be the push I need to actually give this one a shot...

Really?  I'm surprised.  That might be the push I need to actually give this one a shot...

I think it worked for me because I went in with really low expectations, though. I watched it right after Independence Day Resurgence, so, y'know... maybe I'd been softened up... 

I think it worked for me because I went in with really low expectations, though. I watched it right after Independence Day Resurgence, so, y'know... maybe I'd been softened up... 

I guess if you eat nothing but a slice of dry bread for four days and are offered half of a donut on the fifth?  That donut seems truly delicious... :giggle:

Though in fairness, IDR wasn't the worst thing I've seen; it's entertaining in kind of a bottom feeder way.  If you check your brain and critical thinking skills at the door, it's possible to just sit back and enjoy the roller coaster (not too unlike how I enjoyed the first one so much back in '96, even though I knew intellectually it wasn't a 'good' movie). 

COMICS: IDW's GHOSTBUSTERS 101 Will See The New And Original Teams Cross Over

We won't be seeing the male and female casts of Ghostbusters meeting on the big screen, but IDW Comics have taken it upon themselves to ensure that the two teams will unite in a special comic series
Edited by GustavoLeao

Sign in to follow this