Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
doctor_odd

The Dark Knight Rises - Rumors and News!

157 posts in this topic

Christian Bale in Aurora today,

tumblr_m7ovh6pr2B1rtdcj7o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m7ovh6pr2B1rtdcj7o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_m7ovh6pr2B1rtdcj7o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_m7ovh6pr2B1rtdcj7o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_m7ovh6pr2B1rtdcj7o5_1280.jpg

Last one is... I know he's an oscar winning actor, but, you can see the humanity in his eyes there.

Just goes to show what a great guy he is. But I don't think there was anything calculated about his visit, he wanted to show his sympathy towards the victims.

I was almost going to say that is awesome...but that could be perceived as tasteless.

What I mean is that it is very touching and moving that he would turn up to pay his respects. Hollywood actor or not, he is still human, and things like this show that people DO in fact have a heart

What really got me was that Warner Bros. had to specifically state that they weren't behind his visit at all. If they were, that would've been such a cruel, tactless show of publicity hounding. I would've lost all respect at that point--but the man went there on his own accord, and for that, he is truly amazing.

Not only did he go on his own, but he called the hospital before hand to let them know of such - and asked them *not* to notify the media. The only reason there are pictures of him at the memorial site is because it's surrounded by all the media already. The few pics from him in the hospital are all from people at the hospital, no media was there.

Y'know, if Val Kilmer went instead, I think it'd incite a riot. :laugh:

Just goes to show what a great guy he is. But I don't think there was anything calculated about his visit, he wanted to show his sympathy towards the victims.

The fact that NONE of Warner's PR people knew about the visit ahead of time shows it was a sincere gesture IMO.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0