Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
doctor_odd

The Dark Knight Rises - Rumors and News!

157 posts in this topic

Bring back the Riddler, that's what I say.

He was awesome in Forever.

Anywho, tomorrow I finally get to see what all this Dark Knight hype is all about. Personally I haven't seen the big deal from the trailers, etc. but there we go. Fingers crossed I'm surprised.

I think they're going to keep to the well known Rogue's Gallery, as much as can be. Black Mask, Dead Shot, et cetera, they aren't as well known. Scarecrow and Ra's where as far as they'll go outside of the core group of villians made familair by that crappy 60's TV show.

We've got years to speculate, though. Who knows?

I would rather have Black Mask over someone like Orca, or even Tweedledum and Tweedledee.

I think they should pair off one of the "higher level" rogues with someone lesser known.

Some people that could be in a new Batman flick

Anarky, Killer Croc, Mr. Zsasz (serial killer)

Some people that could be in a new Batman flick

Anarky, Killer Croc, Mr. Zsasz (serial killer)

Killer Croc would be hard to pull off the realism with. Zsasz has already appeared so that is plausible, Anarky would be cool.

My vote still lies with the Black Mask. Fits perfectly with the crime ridden gotham, and it could be the last stand of the mod bosses.

My vote lies with...NOT HAVING A THIRD FILM!!!

Not only will it not live up to "The Dark Knight," but everyone will have these expectations for it...and it won't live up.

My vote lies with...NOT HAVING A THIRD FILM!!!

Not only will it not live up to "The Dark Knight," but everyone will have these expectations for it...and it won't live up.

Now, thats no fun. A trilogy has never been established in the Batman frachise. The attempt has to be made. No way can it be a disappointment. People will be craving a third film!

To leave it hanging like this would be the ultimate diss to the fans! This is such a great cast too, finish off the trilogy and disband. revive the content in about 5, 6 years, with Batman aged and a veteran. Not a big age jump (maybe ten years) and recast Bale and get nolan back. Then, begin developing the Batman later years trilogy!

I'm gonna throw this out there - Azreal as Batman's nemesis.

:WarBird:

I'm gonna throw this out there - Azreal as Batman's nemesis.

Well, maybe. I could like that, but I'd be fearful they'd try to incorporate too much.

Now, thats no fun. A trilogy has never been established in the Batman frachise. The attempt has to be made. No way can it be a disappointment. People will be craving a third film!

To leave it hanging like this would be the ultimate diss to the fans! This is such a great cast too, finish off the trilogy and disband. revive the content in about 5, 6 years, with Batman aged and a veteran. Not a big age jump (maybe ten years) and recast Bale and get nolan back. Then, begin developing the Batman later years trilogy!

The fans have already been ditched. The Joker's alive, and Heath's dead. Everyone wants to see the Joker, everyone saw this for the Joker.

The fans have already been ditched. The Joker's alive, and Heath's dead. Everyone wants to see the Joker, everyone saw this for the Joker.

Admittedly, I'm baffled by their decision not to kill him off in the movie. I understand the thoughts on it when Heath was alive, but this just is a boneheaded move. I doubt heath would have wanted the Batman frachise to do nothing after his death. The way he acted that role was legendary, and thusly he should have been killed off in the movie. Have the Joker escape or something, but don't capture him. No one can keep the Joker underwraps for any period of time.

Even with that, why not make a third film? If nothing else, just to complete the story arc started in the Dark knight with Batman on the run and Gordon having to pretend to hate him, and mean, really, the third movie should be about Batman's redemption, how he becomes a hero to the city once again, and defeats some major threat. He needs to earn the trust of the city again, and the deaths caused by Two face/Harvey dent should be shifted away from Batman and onto someone else.

Really, it begs for a sequel. It begs.

I think that's where an Azreal type story can work - you got a guy who takes up the mantle of fighting crime, but in a ruthlessly efficient manner.

Two words:

Mad Hatter

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Two words:

Mad Hatter

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Him as a serious major threat...no.

Azreal though, I could see that. He'd be a major threat, and he could be the answer to Batman. One step further in fact. Would be interesting.

Just occured to me, the only way Nolan & Co might be able to go...

Batman/Superman?

Justice League?

I mean, maybe WB and DC use Nolan to save Superman and begin a whole crop of new Superheroes while continuing Batman...

Batman/Superman?

Justice League?

I mean, maybe WB and DC use Nolan to save Superman and begin a whole crop of new Superheroes while continuing Batman...

Well, there is going to be a Justice League movie. And the buzz is that, supposedly, Brandon Routh and Christian Bale will be Batman and Superman, respectively.

Well, there is going to be a Justice League movie. And the buzz is that, supposedly, Brandon Routh and Christian Bale will be Batman and Superman, respectively.

That's true.

But also true is that WB did consider doing a Batman/Superman movie to relaunch both franchises earlier this decade. So, if nolan and co would come back and do a Batman/Superman movie, I think it would be plausible.

However, they did pay Bryan Singer a lot of money to ditch Xmen 3 and take over Superman, and the movie itself was okay. I think they'll give him a shot at the next one, which means I doubt the Batman/Superman movie will happen.

The Justice League film limbos more than a Jamacain. Lords know what'll happen with it. Same with Supers. Returns failed to generate enough box office returns - pun intended - for WB's taste. The mindset in the wake of TDK's awesomeness has got to be epic. No idea what the future holds.

Batman/Superman?

Justice League?

I wouldn't be surprised if someone (possibly Nolan, but not likely) will decide to do a Superman reboot a-la latest Batman. Gotta milk it for all it's worth. I don't know about Batman/Superman, though.

Actually, what I would love to see is Batman/Iron Man :P Of course, I know it won't happen because Batman is DC Comics, and Iron Man is Marvel.

ComicBookMovie.com: Batman 3 Talk! Goyer Teases the NEXT Batman Movie

The really interesting news from this MTV article is that despite Christopher Nolan's earlier statement that he hasn't had time to THINK about another Batman film, Goyer confirms that he and Nolan have indeed been talking it over, and seem to have nailed down the general theme--and possibly the villain.

There's more to the article than the above quote.

Damn Goyer, that Bat-tease! :)

I dunno, i think the Riddler will be a great villain. If you ignore the joker-like persona of Carrey's Riddler they could make a really intelligent film with that character and what he does.

But we can't just throw away what's been established with the Joker. The franchise should just be dropped right here, no sequel.

^ That will not happen.

Whether or not Nolan & Company continue and do Batman Begins 3, there will be more. The Box Office and critical appeal and Oscar buzz around Dark Knight guarantees that. Hollywood runs on money. Batman is money. There is no question there will be more. The only question is when and from who.

In that respect, i hope Nolan carries it on. You can't just end it there, the people WANT more.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0