JayTheTrekkie

Ten Forward Lounge

2,094 posts in this topic

Oh I love a cuddle!!! But do feel a bit uncomfortable when people I'm not really close to do it, and virtual strangers, well that's just freaky!!! This one girl I knew from online when we met flung her arms round me and I was like er OK, hello!!! As I prised myself free - lol. But she was just one of those kinds of huggy people. :rolleyes: A bit strange if you ask me - lol.

And don't get me started on kissing!!!

Oh I love a cuddle!!! But do feel a bit uncomfortable when people I'm not really close to do it, and virtual strangers, well that's just freaky!!! This one girl I knew from online when we met flung her arms round me and I was like er OK, hello!!! As I prised myself free - lol. But she was just one of those kinds of huggy people. :rolleyes: A bit strange if you ask me - lol.

And don't get me started on kissing!!!

LOL yeah I always wonder "whatever happened to the good old handshake?" :laugh: It's strange indeed if some internet friend you've never met in real life before comes up and just HUGS you. :vulcan:

I'm just not a cuddly person. Aaah. The mere THOUGHT of it makes me scream. No. NOOOOOOOO!!! :laugh:

It doesn't make me scream, but it does feel a bit weird when people I barely know want to hug me. I got used to the kissing in Spain, but I would feel very weird if it happened here, unless the kisser was from a Latin culture.

I like to cuddle with girls :) If I ever get a girlfriend, I would :biggrin:

Where is the heck is Terilynn...she disappeared lol

Well yes. It's obviously different when it's someone you really care about rather than a random stranger you might know slightly from a BBoard.

Well I don't want to be hugged or touched by ANYone, no matter if it's a stranger or not... but I know that such things are important for many people.

Yes, well, people are very different in this regard, nothing wrong with that. :) To each their own.

Yes, well, people are very different in this regard, nothing wrong with that. :) To each their own.

Yup. ^^ The Vulcan IDIC really works well sometimes. :thumbsup2: Oooh. Vulcans. :thumbup::laugh:

I don't mind my parents of grandparents hugging me, otherwise I hate it. This one time last year this person who was in my class walked up to me while I was walking home starting talking to me and hugged me good bye. and I was thinking Don't. Touch. Me. I mean I hardly every spoke to her and she was definitely not a friend. Make me feel uncomfortable just thinking about it.

I don't mind my parents of grandparents hugging me, otherwise I hate it. This one time last year this person who was in my class walked up to me while I was walking home starting talking to me and hugged me good bye. and I was thinking Don't. Touch. Me. I mean I hardly every spoke to her and she was definitely not a friend. Make me feel uncomfortable just thinking about it.

Eeew! :crazy: That sure would've made me uncomfortable as well! :crazy: I just can't see why it seems to be so fascinating for some people to hug people they hardly know. o_O

I doubt there's anything fascinating about it. For some, hugging someone, even a stranger, is a way to connect to the other person. It's not my thing either as a rule since I normally only hug my closest friends I've known for over 20 years. There's nothing wrong with wanting to hug someone, as long as the hugger respects the fact that others may find it extremely uncomfortable and backs off. Ideally, people should ask before they hug, and not be offended if the other person turns them down.

I certainly hugged the two people I've met in 3D life that I first met online, but we'd been chatting for years and were quite close friends before meeting in person.

Sometimes a hug is the only thing that puts the world to rights. :happy:

I've been chatting with someone I met on a forum for a few years now and when we meet up I will definitely be expecting a big hug, otherwise they're in deep trouble. lol It's a bloke though and not being funny, I don't think I'd feel the same if it was a girl. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I doubt I'd hug online female friends at first meeting, although I might hug them goodbye, depending on how well I'd connect in person. Both online friends I mentioned in my previous post were guys.

NO TOUCHY! (As in don't cuddle me or be disinigrated)

-ISN

NO TOUCHY! (As in don't cuddle me or be disinigrated)

-ISN

:laugh:

Agreed. ;)

:laugh:

Agreed. ;)

Thank You peson that understands me and my demented mind! *laughs maniacly*JK

Do I smell.... BROWNIES!!!!

-ISN

Funny how this thread is full of people who don't like to be touched. Still, touching/hugging is only appropriate when both parties want to do it.

I doubt there's anything fascinating about it. For some, hugging someone, even a stranger, is a way to connect to the other person. It's not my thing either as a rule since I normally only hug my closest friends I've known for over 20 years. There's nothing wrong with wanting to hug someone, as long as the hugger respects the fact that others may find it extremely uncomfortable and backs off. Ideally, people should ask before they hug, and not be offended if the other person turns them down.

I certainly hugged the two people I've met in 3D life that I first met online, but we'd been chatting for years and were quite close friends before meeting in person.

Hugging is definitely not my thing - it's just the way my family has always been, we do not hug, ever :) So I'm not really comfortable with it, never have been and probably never will be. There are a couple of best friends that I don't mind hugging, but the initiative is always coming from them :)

When I was in England, though, I noticed that hugging/kissing on the cheek was a much more acceptable form of greeting and saying goodbye, than it is in the U.S.

In Europe in general, I expect. Although the hugging and kissing cheeks bit is far more common in the South than in the North. I spent 6 months as a trainee in Spain, and I only ever shook hands on business. There only men shake hands socially, if it's two women or a man and a woman who meet socially, kissing the cheek is the norm. Took some getting used to, but I got there.

Funny that as us Brits seem to be considered uptight - lol. I like hugs, but only from people I choose to hug. Everyone else, it's just creepy!!

But kissing, I soooo hate that. And not just because it's weird to kiss people you hardly know, but it's so pretentious as well.

Mwah, darling!!! So lovely to see you. Mwah mwah (double kissing is the worst!!!)

Sorry, keep your lips away from me thank you!!!! :biggrin:

i just have 1 thing to say. NO TOUCHY!

-ISN

Those were my thoughts exactly lol! :laugh:

Man, its so hot here today lol

I can understand that some people don't like to hug or don't like to be hugged sometimes as they find it embarrasing or finds it uncomfortable or don't like the feeling. Also, some peolpe don't like to be hugged in public where the are people around as the person being hugged would find it embarrasing/uncomfortable. Would it be mainily those reasons right?

Other than people in the US/Canada that don't like being hugged or hug often for varous reasons, there would some countries that are against hugging (also shaking hands & touching when its not hugging) based on their beliefs.

Just a question, why do some people not like to be touched when its not hugging?

By the way, when I walk home from downtown or walking downtown...there is a couple on the other (they look like they are in their 50's) side of the road on the sidewalk. The man is kissing his wife before he crosses the street to do his tasks. I'm guessing that the woman likes to walk down the street from their hourse to keep company before he crosses the street and then she would go back to the house. There is no need for them to kiss when people on the otherside of the road don't need to see that. Could they not hug instead of that? Keep the kissing in the house or just on the doorstept when one of them are leaving.

Do you guys find it embarrasing when some couples do that in the open before they apart from eachother for the day when they should do that in the house instead?