Frontier

All New Members - Post a Reply Here!

Finally got registered after some initial problems. I may be new to this community but I saw many of TOS right after they first came out. I couldn't see them right away because I was on board a ship off SE Asia in 1966. That's how long I've been a fan of Star Trek. More on that story later ... perhaps.

At least now I've followed some direction as to making my first post in a particular place. Now to go see about setting up my account so I can settle in.

Finally got registered after some initial problems. I may be new to this community but I saw many of TOS right after they first came out. I couldn't see them right away because I was on board a ship off SE Asia in 1966. That's how long I've been a fan of Star Trek. More on that story later ... perhaps.

At least now I've followed some direction as to making my first post in a particular place. Now to go see about setting up my account so I can settle in.

Welcome aboard SpockST!

Have fun and enjoy; since you say you've already been an administrator on other forums, I'll skip my usual spiel about familiarizing yourself with board policy (version 2.5) in the lower right corner of your screen (see how I skipped it? :giggle: ). Post often and prosper!

Welcome aboard SpockST!

... I'll skip my usual spiel about familiarizing yourself with board policy (version 2.5) in the lower right corner of your screen (see how I skipped it? :giggle: ). Post often and prosper!

I did notice your forebearance and applaud it. My standard policy of "assuming" that my standard forum behavior will be acceptable is generally based on the fact that I try to act in others forums as I would appreciate them acting in mine. Since I don't run a flame-fest forum for Spammers, my assumption has so far worked fairly well.

It only failed once when I was trying to explain to a long time forum resident that his every utterance was a matter of public record and he might be taken to task for publiclly admitting he was pirating music. He got upset with me and the Admin banned me from the forum.

Rather than try to force my "opinion" on them, I decided to wish them the best and haven't been back since. There is too much good in life to want to waste too much of it on trying to educate someone with a closed mind.

Peace and legible posts.

OK, SpockST, are you challenging my position as the official Omega Sector geezer??? I'll be 69 on May three and you've got to be somewhere in that range. In any event, fellow AARP candidate, welcome to the board.

OK, SpockST, are you challenging my position as the official Omega Sector geezer??? I'll be 69 on May three and you've got to be somewhere in that range. In any event, fellow AARP candidate, welcome to the board.

Candidate indeed. I've been a dues paying member for years! I will allow you to maintain your lead however, I was born in 1948.

Thank you for the welcome. I wonder why I'm just now discovering all these fansites so many years after the shows have come and gone? It would have been most memorable to have joined soon enough that I could have taken advantage of some of the perks. I've never been to a Con of any type. Would love to have been able to have met some of my "heros".

No really!

Welcome aboard.

I'm glad to see so many new members lately!

If you've any questions about the board policy, we have an updated 2.5 version in the lower right corner of your screen.

Just watch the multiple successive posts (more than 2 in a row)... we get a bit nervous with those (past spammer troubles :S ).

Glad to have you here!

No clue whether this thread is still current or not, but I am a new member and I can't create new topics so I assume it is. So there's comment #1.

And there's comment #2.

Greetings everyone. Good to be here.

Welcome aboard! We have our new members post here to help weed out potential spammers; yes, the thread's still active and thanks for posting here! :thumbup: