maneth

Move Along Home

Episode Name: Move Along Home

Episode Number: 9

Production Number: 410

Season: 1

Director: David Carson

---

Quark attempts to cheat some aliens who win too often at the Dabo table. The whole station is put in danger as the alien's game involves members of the command staff placed in a sinister labyrinth.

Ummm. Is this episode meant to be taken seriously? :vulcan::laugh: (I don't think so. *lol*) It was... unusual, to say the least. But hey, I got a good laugh when Quark broke down and Odo was all pissed off and Kira was equally pissed off...

Oh and then there were the dress uniforms. :thumbsup2:

I'd still give the episode a 4/10 only. It was just too... weird for my taste. ;)

Very strange and slightly annoying this episode. I do love the scene where they have to all do exactly the same as the girl across the floor while singing a song (allamarain... something or other)... classic look on Sisko's face when he realises he has to sing too :P

It was a completely rubbish episode!! Very annoying and bizarre - lol. I think 4/10 was generous - lol.

Aww well I've seen worse! *thinks of that VOY episode with that clown or whatever it was - OMG* ;) And it did make me laugh at some points because it was so utterly silly. :laugh: Gotta give credit for that! :laugh:

Very strange and slightly annoying this episode. I do love the scene where they have to all do exactly the same as the girl across the floor while singing a song (allamarain... something or other)... classic look on Sisko's face when he realises he has to sing too :P

OMG yes, I loved the look on Sisko's face in that scene. :laugh: I was like "he's not going to si... OMG he IS!" :laugh:

Oh but that song was soooo annoying!!!

It was more Kira in the episode that made me laugh - lol. Ah but she was great in the early series. :happy:

Come on Mrs.P, I think most Voyager episodes were worse - lol. (not a big fan, putting it mildly lol)

Oh but that song was soooo annoying!!!

It was more Kira in the episode that made me laugh - lol. Ah but she was great in the early series. :happy:

Come on Mrs.P, I think most Voyager episodes were worse - lol. (not a big fan, putting it mildly lol)

Kira totally made my day with her attitude in the episode. I loved it when she freaked out "yeah you Starfleet guys find this to be totally fascinating, I'm sure, but I AM PISSED OFF BEYOND WORDS about what's happening!!!" :laugh: :laugh: She's totally my favorite character so far. :thumbsup2:

Oh yeah, much worse. *not a fan of VOY either* Nothing can make me rewatch THAT show. *shudder* ;)

:laugh: Yep, once was quite enough for me too - lol

It always makes me laugh when Kira punches some poor guy, I mean, that's supposed to be funny isn't it?! :rolleyes::giggle:

Definately later ones when it became the borg show but I liked some of the shows early on.

This was one of DS9s weaker episodes, but it still, as has been said, beats a lot of Voyager... and it's not like it's Shades Of Gray after all :P

:laugh: Yep, once was quite enough for me too - lol

It always makes me laugh when Kira punches some poor guy, I mean, that's supposed to be funny isn't it?! :rolleyes::giggle:

Oh don't worry, it makes me smile as well. And cheer. :devil: I love the way Kira handled things so far. ;)

Definately later ones when it became the borg show but I liked some of the shows early on.

This was one of DS9s weaker episodes, but it still, as has been said, beats a lot of Voyager... and it's not like it's Shades Of Gray after all :P

Yup I've already figured it that "Move Along Home" isn't exactly the most popular DS9 episode ever. :laugh: But it does have its moments. And besides, it has DRESS UNIFORMS. :blush: :laugh:

I still prefer "Shades Of Gray", though... :angel_not:

I watched it last night...

I STILL have that darn ryhme stuck in my head! I liked it when they were all doing it at nearly the same time, kind of like a werid conga line. :laugh:

I also found Quarks breakdown amusing...no idea why. Perhaps it was due to me being ill and I amuse easier? :laugh:

I want that song as my ringtone! I liked this episode because he Wadi freaked me out. That guy was creepy and it just seemed really odd the way they wanted to play a game. I probably am the only person who liked it then. :/

I thought it was an ok episode. I didnt hate it or anything. That darn song is STILL in my head to this day lol

Ummm. Is this episode meant to be taken seriously? :vulcan::laugh: (I don't think so. *lol*) It was... unusual, to say the least. But hey, I got a good laugh when Quark broke down and Odo was all pissed off and Kira was equally pissed off...

Oh and then there were the dress uniforms. :thumbsup2:

I'd still give the episode a 4/10 only. It was just too... weird for my taste. ;)

You love 'Masks', yet this one is too weird for you? :giggle:

As I said before, I enjoyed this episode. I loved the scene when Quark realised that the playing pieces were Sisko, Bashir, Kira and Dax lol.

Upon reflection I think this was supposed to be an emulation of TOS somehow...I thought it was a stupid, stupid plot, the scenes in the cave dragged on and on and I found myself comparing breast sizes between Dax and Kira due to the way in which Dax was being dragged around by her torso. No kidding on this.

The Wadi by themselves were actually intersting and their leader acted well...and Kira and Quark had their moments as well.

Just a shame Quark didn't lear his lesson about not cheating everyone he sees :rolleyes: I did love the 'Oh shit' look on his face when he realised what his scheming had done though :devil:

This is the absolute nadir of season one. I give it a generous 1.

To be honest, this is one of the few episodes of DS9 I've only seen once and that was during the original run in '93.

It was so bad, I had no desire to ever see it again. Even though I have season one on dvd.

Edited by Sehlat Vie

To be honest, this is one of the few episodes of DS9 I've only seen once and that was during the original run in '93.

It was so bad, I had no desire to ever see it again. Even though I have season one on dvd.

Doesn't this episode feel like something that should've been on TOS? Like it wouldn't have seemed as hokey in the 60s. IDK why I get that vibe from it. Maybe even on TOS it would have been equally weird. But it just feelsl ike they perused through Roddenberry's old notebook on TOS unused ideas and they were like "lets use THAT one!" :P

Doesn't this episode feel like something that should've been on TOS? Like it wouldn't have seemed as hokey in the 60s. IDK why I get that vibe from it. Maybe even on TOS it would have been equally weird. But it just feelsl ike they perused through Roddenberry's old notebook on TOS unused ideas and they were like "lets use THAT one!" :P

Absolutely.

It feels like a rejected concept for a first season TNG.

I remember trying to get a friend into DS9 and this (of ALL episodes) had to be the first one they watched. D'oh!

Absolutely.

I remember trying to get a friend into DS9 and this (of ALL episodes) had to be the first one they watched. D'oh!

Haha what are the odds? :/

Absolutely.

Haha what are the odds? :/

I know; it's like trying to get someone into Star Wars and they start by watching only the Jar Jar scenes of "The Phantom Menace".... :laugh:

Sign in to follow this