Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lt. Dimitry Badinov

Jadzia Dax or Ezri Dax?

83 posts in this topic

I like both Dax but I prefer Jadzia. I was very sad when Dukat killed her and I was able to accept Ezri with difficulty.

Jadzia hands down. She didn't need any upgrades. She was fine just the way she was. I did like her death scene though.

I hated the Bashir/Ezri ship. It was so lame...maybe if Ezri had been a male trill, the ship could have worked and would have been a lot more interesting. But as it was...ick. It seemed forced and bleh. I didn't like her with Worf either (In the later Jadzia/Worf episodes, I started to get annoyed at Worf as well).

I don't hate Ezri or anything. I just really, really hated the stupid Ezri/Bashir ship :laugh:

tough decision but it rests ultimately on jadzias girl on girl action!

Jadzia it is!!! :D

I have to say Jadzia, I liked how confident she was, but I did like Ezri as well. One season was not long enough to get to know the character.

It's hard to compare these two- I'm not sure why people bother since Ezri wasn't replacing Jadzia so much as Jadzia was upgraded to Ezri. ( I know how that sounds and it's not meant that way even tho I'm not a huge fan of Jadzia. )

Having said that I think Ezri is doing a great job in her role- a ship's councilor whose a bit out of her depth and very intimidated by her previous host's life.

Pretty much sums up why I think the Dax character should have been like this from the start, and why I like Ezri as much as I do. Witnessing the gradual integration of 2 different personalities was much more interesting than just watching all-knowing, all-seeing Jadzia continue directing Sisko as if she's still Curzon. Like I said before, I think it would have been better to have Sisko become the mentor to the person who had become the vessal of what was an aspect of his former mentor.

:ds9:

Jadzia is my favorite. Ezri is not very confident. She second guesses herself to much. And as other people have said: not enough time to develop her character.

ohh tough oneconfused.gif

for me it was/is always jadzia.

but then ezri kinda grew on me but it will always be jadziasmile.gif

I cryed to when jadzia died, i thought " she cant die she's dax" i was shouting at the tv screen telling her to "get up" " move, do something.!!!!!!"

i know sadangel_not.gif

Edited by I_AM_DAX

Jadzia = AWEsome :D

Ezri = EW, wrong, annoying, and ditto to all of those who didn't like her either.

Gotta be (drum roll please) JADZIA, was gutted they killed her off, I cried!!!! sad.gif

So did I!! I loved her confidence, how she was easy to talk to, and how she was all around WELL played. She may have been a little too vagrant (AT times; I agree with Worf - that she shouldn't have been so loose), but in most other areas, she was terrific.

In one picture...

whoiswithoutsin_184.jpg

Ezri's was a child. You can't take her seriously. Jadzia had the maturity one would expect from someone who had lived 300+ years, and yet she was still fun.

Jadzia.

She's totally better than Ezri. Did I say that already?

you may have doneangel_not.gif

You made an enemy today!

Defend yourself! devil.gif

hey fellow ninersST.gif

haha, get in line * pulls out her Bat'leth*

Klingon.gif I stand ready! Prepare for defeat! Hi-yah! tongue.gif

*runs away in terror. lol Defiant.gif

Ezri's was a child. You can't take her seriously. Jadzia had the maturity one would expect from someone who had lived 300+ years, and yet she was still fun.

Jadzia hadn't lived that long; it is Dax who has lived that long, which means when Dax went to Ezri, she had those 300 + years experience just like Jadzia had.

And while I see what you're getting at, I can hardly say that I think Jadzia was mature.

Jadzia hadn't lived that long; it is Dax who has lived that long, which means when Dax went to Ezri, she had those 300 + years experience just like Jadzia had.

And while I see what you're getting at, I can hardly say that I think Jadzia was mature.

I'm saying that Jadzia acted as if she had lived 300+ years, while Erzi acted as if she needed someone to hold her hand. Her baby voice got on my nerves too.

She did in a way, because she was never prepared for joining.

So did I!! I loved her confidence, how she was easy to talk to, and how she was all around WELL played. She may have been a little too vagrant (AT times; I agree with Worf - that she shouldn't have been so loose), but in most other areas, she was terrific.

I don't think she was loose. I reckon if you've been around as long as she has you're past concerning yourself with petty things like who you sleep with or how many sexual partners you've had. Besides, she never cheated on Worf, did she?

Can't remember if I've answered this or not... but I'm gonna go with the majority and say Jadzia.

Besides, she never cheated on Worf, did she?

Well, she was really flirting with Manuele Atoa on the episode "You Are Cordially Invited." He slept in her quarters as well, if I remember. I can understand why her future Mother-in-Law was ticked.

It was just playful flirting though; there was nothing meant by it. From Worf's perspective, however, he would see it completely differently.

^ Yeh, well... Worf needs to understand that no one else gives a flying crap about his honour or Klingon tradition. Hell, even other Klingons don't care about honour most of the time. :laugh:

I quite enjoyed both Daxes.

Jadzia was a strong, intelligent and confident woman who took on Curzon's spirit of living life to it's fullest. She was a very focused woman who wasn't all that phased by what others thought of her and she knew exactly what she wanted out of life.

Ezri gave us all a great insight into just what is needed for a candidate who wishes to be joined with a Symbiont by showing us what a total mindf**k it is to suddenly have to integrate several lifetimes worth of memories in with those of your own life because she basically had the Symbiont thrust upon her by a quirk of fate.

hi all

erm, im gonna have to say BOTH lol

jadzia was my fave, but ezri has grown on me so now i cant choose.

jadzia!! i found it really hard to warm up to ezri after all this time loving jadzia, and the way she died :thumbdown: idk!! she was just too young IMO!! dax had lifetimes of experience, i didn't feel as if ezri exumed those years of experience!!

I was a fan of Jadzia. Great intelligent and fun character.

I just didn't warm up to Ezri. Maybe if she had more time on the show.

Since we're talking about Jadzia...

129100660248545685.jpg

I won the internet because of it... :laugh: