Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lt. Dimitry Badinov

Jadzia Dax or Ezri Dax?

83 posts in this topic

Jadzia all the way,if we had known ezri longer than maybe i would change my mind.

Jadzia.

She's totally better than Ezri. Did I say that already?

You made an enemy today!

Defend yourself! :devil:

:Klingon: I stand ready! Prepare for defeat! Hi-yah! :P

Jadzia is my favorite, without hesitation. But maybe because we watched her for six seasons and discovered many shades of her personality.

Ezri is sweet, smart and pretty. I like her, but she doesn't have the elegance and wisdom of Jadzia. Wich is weird because Ezri supposed to have memories and knowledge of Dax including Jadzia, so only her personality should change, not the experience and knowledge. If she had the memory, it should affect her as she lived all that by her own. Imagine that suddenly you have the exerience and memories of seven lives with it's joys, sorrows, ennemies and loved ones... It's only normal that Trills must be well prepared for joining !

The only thing that we saw about Ezri is a teen girl with magnifecent power that she don't know how to use. I thing that later, when she'll understand what Dax has for her and merge with it, she'll be a fine woman ;)

I think it's because Jadzia trained to be joined, it's what she wanted and was ready for. Whereas poor Ezri was in the right place at the right time and was landed with all these lives that she suddenly had to cope with. Under the circumstances I think she coped quite well, especially with having Worf there which didn't help.

I much preferred Ezri, I did like Jadzia but sometimes found her a bit smug and too confident.

Judzia..nothing against Ezri,,, i hated Bashir,,,they should have killed of him, but thats just my opion.

Eek. Maybe you hated the shapeshifter who impersonated him..

I did like Jadzia but sometimes found her a bit smug and too confident.

Confidence is a good thing, if anyone was overly smug in the whole franchise it was Seven Of Nine IMO, especially as they started to actually build the bloody show around her.

I did gain a new appreciation for Ezri in the last 10 episodes that I watched last night, but I still prefer Jadzia. Only Mirror Ezri came close for me.

Jadzia hands down.

I suggested to a friend recently that even if Farrell wanted to leave they could've had Dax take a position elsewhere like Qo'nos or something. Have a couple of guest spots then turn up for the finale. Maybe not the best idea but the last season sort of had episodes for getting to know Ezri as opposed to perhaps working out the war and Prophets/Pa'wraiths struggle.

My favorite will be Jadzia Dax.

She is just like my mother

and i don't hate ezri: but she is like my sister

Jadzia is my favourite dax,couldnt come to term with a new dax so quickly.

Must I pick, must I really pick one?

I think that they are too different to choose. We got to know Jadzia for a much longer time, but Ezri really did begin to grow on me...

I'll fence sit...(except to say that, not being a hunky guy, Ezri would probably suit me better haha)

^ fence-sitting is allowed. i know guys who like both Daxes.

I'm one of those who likes both characters, so it's difficult to choose one over the other. I do think that the writers did a much better job developing Ezri's background than they did for Jadzia, as much about Jadzia's family and her life before joining was never shown on screen, as it was with Ezri.

--Captain Sisko

Ezri.. but only because she is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo beautiful!! Totally my taste of woman :)

It's hard to compare these two- I'm not sure why people bother since Ezri wasn't replacing Jadzia so much as Jadzia was upgraded to Ezri. ( I know how that sounds and it's not meant that way even tho I'm not a huge fan of Jadzia. )

Having said that I think Ezri is doing a great job in her role- a ship's councilor whose a bit out of her depth and very intimidated by her previous host's life.

^ well i think by making Ezri the new Dax, TPTB brought on the comparison problems and Ezri dislike on themselves, really. i personally would have liked Ezri better if she had just stayed Ezri Tigan, counselor.

^ well i think by making Ezri the new Dax, TPTB brought on the comparison problems and Ezri dislike on themselves, really. i personally would have liked Ezri better if she had just stayed Ezri Tigan, counselor.

yeah but then there would have been the problem of people asking WTF happened to the Dax symbiont, as it was mentioned that the symbiont survived.

yea but a simple "Dax survived to be returned to Trill and be given a new host" should have sufficed. (i know, not enough for some ppl, but for most it woulda suited.)

I prefer Ezri.

I like Ezri exactly the way she is presented.

Her confusion after being joined with the Dax symbiont without preparation is funny.

And she's sooo beautiful. Much more the type of woman I like.

I think I'm in love :inlove:

ohhh such a tough choice...

personally, i just love Dax as a character, including both her hosts that were shown onscreen

i think the idea of a Trill symbiote is one of the best aliens in Star Trek and has almost limitless stories built in.

If i had to choose though, i preferred Ezri... not only is she stunningly beautiful, but they did a better job of her character and romance development than they did with Jadzia

M

Have to say Ezri, and if it was only with the series only it would be a draw.

Ezri had better character development then with Jadzia. Ezri had a mother and brothers. Wished she had a sister. With Jadzia, we only know she had a sister and nothing more about that.

Jadzia had 6 years to impress everyone and Ezri only had 1 year with a very limited amount of shows. True, it could not be the Ezri Dax show during season 7. Like everyone said, Ezri was fresh and had a great deal of development that could be done that would have lasted seasons.

Ezri was cute and had a great body. Short woman with a small bust and nothing wrong with Jadzia being tall with a bust that was out there. Just me, it takes a great deal more work to look good and be accepted more being a small woman with a small bust.

On looks, Ezri. I'm totally hooked on Ezri. I'm going through DS9 for the first time and I watched TEARS OF THE PROPHETS yesterday. I'll see my first Ezri episode soon. Nicole De Boer is hands down one of the most attractive women I've seen.