Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andrew98

Coming Of Age

Guest Andrew98

Episode Name: Coming Of Age

Episode Number: 19

Season: 1

Director: Michael Vejar

I really enjoyed this episode, as Picard and Wesley both faced a tough decision of their lives. I also liked how other episodes were brought up when Remmick interviewed other crew members. I really liked it.

What are your thoughts?

I could've done without the whole "super-smart Wesley nerd pwns them all" - part, but aside from that the episode is indeed pretty decent. (At least Wesley is pwnd by Mordock in the end. Hehe.) And I so hate Remmick!!!!! I just want to slap him whenever I see him. Guess that's precisely what the writers intended. :laugh:

Guest Andrew98
I could've done without the whole "super-smart Wesley nerd pwns them all" - part, but aside from that the episode is indeed pretty decent. (At least Wesley is pwnd by Mordock in the end. Hehe.) And I so hate Remmick!!!!! I just want to slap him whenever I see him. Guess that's precisely what the writers intended. :laugh:

Oh yeah Mrs. P I can't stand that Wesley either. I'd also love to slap Remmick as well. He is so mean.

Wesley still has some development ahead of him. He can be obnoxious at times but he'll improve as he matures. At least they didn't take the easy way out and make Wesley win the place at the Academy!

I hate this episode. Wesley does my head in. Surely the Vulcan would have been the fastest at answering these questions, but she always seemed to come third.

I also think the way Starfleet offered Picard a promotion was completely ridiculous (although it does nicely set up the story for 'Conspiracy')

I also think the way Starfleet offered Picard a promotion was completely ridiculous (although it does nicely set up the story for 'Conspiracy')

LOL yeah it's all done in a "Hey, we need you at Command, so, we're going to promote you because of that, not because you're such a fine officer"... lol. :giggle:

I agree with you, Voyager.

I thought this episode was boring, mostly due to WonderBoy, Wesley. However, his line "Do you want this to become violent?" to the man twice his size always cracks me up :laugh: I wanted to tell him, if this becomes violent, he won't be the one with the broken bones, Wesley.

Oh yeah Mrs. P I can't stand that Wesley either. I'd also love to slap Remmick as well. He is so mean.

He got what was coming to him. :P But he was just doing his job, you know, to protect the federation.

LOL yeah it's all done in a "Hey, we need you at Command, so, we're going to promote you because of that, not because you're such a fine officer"... lol. :giggle:

True, although I actually meant about having an investigation on him before he was promoted.

I agree with you, Voyager.

I thought this episode was boring, mostly due to WonderBoy, Wesley. However, his line "Do you want this to become violent?" to the man twice his size always cracks me up :laugh: I wanted to tell him, if this becomes violent, he won't be the one with the broken bones, Wesley.

LMAO :laugh:

I wish it had become violent now

I wonder what a "discipline course" is supposed to be? Also, using the helm station from the Enterprise, and putting it in the shuttle looked out of place.

I love this episode, it sets up "Conspiracy" perfectly. Remmick is sooooooooooooo annoying, but that just adds to the story though. I don't find Wesley to be annoying in this one though, I liked that we got to see more about the process of getting into the Academy as well. I really like Mordock, the Benzite species looks very interesting. This gets 8 out of 10!

Remmick .... add me to the 'I want to punch him in the face for being so annoying' camp :giggle: That said Quinn must have ordered him to take such a harsh line on everyone.

Glad Worf puts him in his place.

"You don't lke me, do you Mr Worf?"

"Is it required ...... sir?"

Quinn was right about stuff going on. I guess the slugs decided he and Remick were getting too close and changed them. They probably thought Remick was so bad he deserved to host the mother creature.

Has there been a Bluray comparison video done for this episode yet? Was watching on Netflix yesterday and looks bad. Would like to see what they fixed. I tried using the search box here but found nothing. Will try YouTube.

Quinn was right about stuff going on. I guess the slugs decided he and Remick were getting too close and changed them. They probably thought Remick was so bad he deserved to host the mother creature.

Has there been a Bluray comparison video done for this episode yet? Was watching on Netflix yesterday and looks bad. Would like to see what they fixed. I tried using the search box here but found nothing. Will try YouTube.

As far as I know, Netflix does not have the seasons in HD yet. Hulu plus only has the first two in HD.

Sign in to follow this