Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andrew98

Angel One

Guest Andrew98

Episode Name: Angel One

Episode Number: 13

Season: 1

Director: Michael Rhodes

I didn't think much of this episode, except that there was a virus on the Enterprise and it was spreading to all the crew members. So, this episode was no big deal to me.

What are your thoughts?

Not my favorite, although it does add something to Riker's character (whether that's a good thing or a bad thing in this particular instance - that's a whole other question :) )

Uuugh. Definitely not one of my favorite episodes either. But I must admit that I kinda like the idea of that 'female-dominated society'. :P I also like how Jean-Luc asks Troi to greet them in order to acknowledge their culture. :) Oh and I love the scene in which Yar and Troi giggle because of Riker's horrible outfit. :laugh:

But that's about it when it comes to favorite scenes from that episode... and, of course, the fact that Crusher is too incompetent to cure a common cold - like disease properly doesn't really add anything to the episode either.

And yeah, Riker seducing that Mistress Beata is just... well... :glare: typical. :glare: *runs away from Terilynn* :cry:

And yeah, Riker seducing that Mistress Beata is just... well... :glare:typical. :glare: *runs away from Terilynn* :cry:

Why are you running? It makes me cringe.

He just doesn't realize that she's just using him. :laugh::giggle: j/k

Why are you running? It makes me cringe.

He just doesn't realize that she's just using him. :laugh::giggle: j/k

I'm running because I basically said it's typical for Riker to seduce every good-looking woman he encounters. :laugh:

It makes me cringe as well, btw. ;) I mean I like the fact that she thinks he's nothing more than a toy (I admit it! :P ), but he should be smart enough to notice that... but hey, it's the first season and it's a young Will Riker, maybe that's some kind of excuse... :laugh:

I blame Gene... ;)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

He had to have SOME Kirk-like ladies' man, after all (which doesn't mean that I like the idea). I mean... Data? Nah. Too naive. Worf? Not really. Too aggressive. LaForge? Don't think so. Too shy. Jean-Luc? Never. Married to the ship. So, the only one remaining for that job is Riker. :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

He had to have SOME Kirk-like ladies' man, after all (which doesn't mean that I like the idea). I mean... Data? Nah. Too naive. Worf? Not really. Too aggressive. LaForge? Don't think so. Too shy. Jean-Luc? Never. Married to the ship. So, the only one remaining for that job is Riker. :laugh:

Exactly....Well Riker redeems himself in the later seasons... :) He ends up being a victim in love almost as much as JLP...

Exactly....Well Riker redeems himself in the later seasons... :) He ends up being a victim in love almost as much as JLP...

Yeah, and I feel sorry for that... kinda, that is... I mean I can't really be sorry that Jean-Luc doesn't have any luck with the ladies, I'm afraid. :vulcan::laugh:

But yeah, poor Riker. *nod nod*

Shhhh. HR. :inlove:

Although I think I would have looked better in it.. :huh: :lookaround: :biggrin:

*totally understands Troi's and Yar's reaction* :laugh:

As do I. :)

Although... I do wonder where those binders on his legs lead to .. :shock:

As do I. :)

Although... I do wonder where those binders on his legs lead to .. :shock:

I'm sure Mistress Beata knows. :angel_not:

As I said earlier you need a first officer who will sleep with the leaders of planetary governments if you have any reason to not do it yourself, Ael didn't seem to agree with me, did she Terilynn, well this is the episode I got the idea from.

It was a weird episode to be sure, but it was the first season; considering they were still working out the kinks, I don't think it was as bad as all that. I like the concept of the Angelite society, and even went so far as to create a female character from that world for my (now dead) post-Nemesis Trek series. She would have been a main cast member, and you've got one guess as to which station/branch she was in charge of.

:WarBird:

Great to see some strong women on Trek for a change. I liked Worf's reaction about liking strong women too. Maybe just as well he wasn't a member of the away team... Think a bull in a china shop.

I do like that we see a matriarchal society, but what I don't like is that they keep throwing the fact in your face. Every chance they get, someone says 'is it because I'm/they're/we're wo/men. If this is the structure of their society they wouldn't be needing to address the fact every few minutes.

This episode was a bit poor. At least Riker's outfit brightened up the show. It was really to funny. "Hello 60s Star Trek" was written all over that thing.

Sign in to follow this