Lt. Dimitry Badinov

What non-trek movies have you watched lately?

Glenn   

Look at him, getting all the sexy ladies...

img_43.jpg

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN

An absolute classic. Christopher Lee as Scaramanga, beautiful cinematography, a belting theme tune, Roger Moore hitting an all-time high in the role of James Bond and simply some of the best one-liners in film history!

*Bond and Goodnight make out as M phones them halfway through*

M: "Goodnight? Goodnight?"

Bond: "She's just coming, sir..."

M: "Goodnight?"

Bond: "Goodnight, sir."

*hangs up the phone to a blast from the theme tune and credits roll*

Glenn   

The Dark Knight... and I was underwhelmed.

Go read my review in the appropriate forum if you dare (warning to fans: you'll hate me).

Indiana Jones and Raiders of the Lost Ark - I need to rewatch the original Indy movies before seeing Indy IV :)

YOU HAVEN'T SEEN INDY 4??!!! :shock: :P

Glenn   

Seraphim Falls (2006, Von Ancken)

sera3.jpg

"Q... I swear, I'll never berate your gadgets again... even a dartgun would do right now... Q...! Q!"

A masterpiece. This is only my second viewing of the revenge-laden chase thriller set in the Wild West, starring Liam Neeson as General Carver and Pierce Brosnan (yes, that's him in the picture) as Gideon.

It is every bit the fantastic film I remember from the day I purchased the DVD: with some truly gruesome traps sprung and barely a word spoken for the first twenty minutes, it has a haunting atmosphere that creeps up on the casual viewer and turns the experience into a more psychological experience than a simple straightforward revenge Western. While the final moments and an appearance from Satan (played by Anjelica Huston of all people) are a mindbender, I accepted them this time around. They actually ended up working quite well.

Favourite moment: Pierce Brosnan hides inside the gutted corpse of a horse and leaps out, covered in blood, to stab one of his enemies. Coupled with his fantastic beard, he steals the entire show and proves there's life in the old dog yet.

Score: 10/10

Terilynn   
Seraphim Falls (2006, Von Ancken)

sera3.jpg

"Q... I swear, I'll never berate your gadgets again... even a dartgun would do right now... Q...! Q!"

A masterpiece. This is only my second viewing of the revenge-laden chase thriller set in the Wild West, starring Liam Neeson as General Carver and Pierce Brosnan (yes, that's him in the picture) as Gideon.

It is every bit the fantastic film I remember from the day I purchased the DVD: with some truly gruesome traps sprung and barely a word spoken for the first twenty minutes, it has a haunting atmosphere that creeps up on the casual viewer and turns the experience into a more psychological experience than a simple straightforward revenge Western. While the final moments and an appearance from Satan (played by Anjelica Huston of all people) are a mindbender, I accepted them this time around. They actually ended up working quite well.

Favourite moment: Pierce Brosnan hides inside the gutted corpse of a horse and leaps out, covered in blood, to stab one of his enemies. Coupled with his fantastic beard, he steals the entire show and proves there's life in the old dog yet.

Score: 10/10

You're gonna hate me so much CA - but that movie was filmed near here and both he and Liam stayed at the hotel where my hubby works....very, very nice men. (I know *cringes* sorry I never told you - but yes...even more gorgeous in real life)

Another movie about to come out was filmed near here - called Swing Vote...Kevin Coster, Kelsey Grammer and Stanley Tucci are all in it. While I didn't get to meet Costner (he stayed somewhere else during filming) - I did get to meet the others. Such wonderful people.

Glenn   

I got your PM about the place... and how could I hate that?! :biggrin:

You're a lucky, lucky girl!

The Dark Night

no on the topic let me end my post with this,

Rest in peace Mr. Ledger, you will be missed by your fans and those close to you.

It's Monday night, and that means new episode of "The Closer" :) Man, I love that show! Okay, so it's TV, not movies...sometimes it's more entertaining than watching a full-length film.

The Kingdom

Mallrats

Little Children

Generation Kill...ok so it's a mini-series but I'm including it.

TDK

Get on the Bus