Lt. Dimitry Badinov

What non-trek movies have you watched lately?

2,735 posts in this topic

I went and saw "The Love Guru" today, it's hilarious!

"Misery." A great Stephen King novel turned greater film! :thumbup:

Meet The Robinsons

3:10 to Yuma. A pretty good western, and no film is bad with Christian Bale in it.

Family Guy: Blue Harvest

"The Happening" - watched it yesterday. I was actually pleasantly surprised, since I heard some very scathing reviews - it definitely wasn't an Oscar-contender by any stretch of the imagination, but it was still pretty interesting to watch.

Just saw Hancock in the theater this evening. It was pretty entertaining. That plus the fact that Will Smith is one of the best actors ever.

Its really an alright movie, Elara? We wanted to go see it, but every review we have seen has been terrible, so we werent sure we should. If its not that bad we may go after all.

Watched Wall E last night...weird is all I can say.

Its really an alright movie, Elara? We wanted to go see it, but every review we have seen has been terrible, so we werent sure we should. If its not that bad we may go after all.

Gosh, I don't want to recommend something that you'll end up hating :) I don't know... It's a bit strange, especially the ending, but I thought it was a really interesting concept, executed in a reasonably decent fashion. If people went into the theater expecting an action-thriller in the style of "Unbreakable", they would have been understandably disappointed. While there's a lot of running, yelling, gore and other typical "action" ingredients, it's really more of a psychological thriller than anything else.

Finally saw "National Treasure 2" the other night on PPV.... I meant to go & see it when it was in the theater but I never got around to it.

"Disturbia." Saw it in the theaters, watching it at home. Terrific flick, it really is.

Finally got around to watching "Batman Begins" - figured I may as well see it before "The Dark Knight" comes out :)

Wag the Dog, which was exceptionally good. Although I'm not a big Robert de Niro fan, he did well.

Dustin Hoffman is God.

I watched "Apocalypto" the other day for the hundredth time. lol

Just rented 'Dark Storm'. One of the worst movies I have ever seen.

Wall-e was cute... I also watched a very excellent movie called Ladyhawke, kind of an older one...

Nightwatch. It was weird. Even for a Russian movie it was weird! But quite good. Probably going to watch the sequel Daywatch soon.

Apocalypto is an excellent film indeed Virulence.

I went to see The Mist earlier in the week, a succesful Stephen King adaptation for once!! Thankfully as it's my fave short story.

Would totally recommend it, more psychological than horror (though there are some jump out your seat moments, and some yucky stuff thrown in too). Not scary, but a great film.

Get Smart. It was horrible. The funny parts in the previews were the ONLY funny parts in the movie.

-ISN

Not a movie, but the first Children of Dune miniseries DVD. Pretty good and Alec Newman is dreamy...

I very nearly watched that tonight!!! Excellent film. :biggrin: