Sign in to follow this  
Admiral Benjamin

Picard Encounters His "Mom'ma"

wherenoone139.jpg

Audio Clip

Okay... First off... I absolutely love this scene. Beyond all measure, as one of my favourite moments in Star Trek all together, simply for how absolutely bone-chilling it is, and how excellent Patrick Stewart, elderly woman, and Riker play it out. I have been doing stage acting for about 5 years now, and can spot a good moment like this!

Even though it is implied after that the scene was simply in Picard's imagination (shows that he was also fearful, and wanting to be home with his mother instead of lost in that strange space) but I always took it that the writer's were somewhat hinting the Enterprise had somehow made it into a heavily type place... Possibly purgatory. Very Interesting...

My favourite line would definitely have to be

"The End of the Universe... Or Do you feel it is the beginning of it?"

:dontgetit: Very intense!

Anyway...

Have at it and discuss the scene! There is a lot I could ramble on about lol but its your turn!

Yeah, it's definitely one of my all-time favorite Trek moments. I really like his "Maman"... and I love how she makes him show his 'soft' side, he's always rather grumpy in the first two Trek seasons (yes, I know, I love it when he's grumpy, but still). The moment he sees her, he... well, he changes. If only Riker hadn't disturbed him! :glare::laugh: I love how he yells at him "JUST A MOMENT, NUMBER ONE!" and Riker's all like "WTF's he doing, there's no one there!"

I've always loved the scene, it's very touching, even to me, and I'm not really a fan of such emotional stuff. But that scene, yes, it's wonderful. I love how he walks up to his mother and how he talks to her. It all shows that he had a wonderful and caring mother (yeah well considering how... well, 'not nice' his father was :glare: , I have no idea how such a wonderful woman managed to end up with someone like Maurice Picard :glare: )...

And I just want to hug him when he realizes that it was all in his imagination... the look in his eyes when he looks at the now empty spot in the corridor... :( Poor Jean-Luc. :(

Yeah, it's definitely one of my all-time favorite Trek moments. I really like his "Maman"... and I love how she makes him show his 'soft' side, he's always rather grumpy in the first two Trek seasons (yes, I know, I love it when he's grumpy, but still). The moment he sees her, he... well, he changes. If only Riker hadn't disturbed him! :glare::laugh: I love how he yells at him "JUST A MOMENT, NUMBER ONE!" and Riker's all like "WTF's he doing, there's no one there!"

I've always loved the scene, it's very touching, even to me, and I'm not really a fan of such emotional stuff. But that scene, yes, it's wonderful. I love how he walks up to his mother and how he talks to her. It all shows that he had a wonderful and caring mother (yeah well considering how... well, 'not nice' his father was :glare: , I have no idea how such a wonderful woman managed to end up with someone like Maurice Picard :glare: )...

And I just want to hug him when he realizes that it was all in his imagination... the look in his eyes when he looks at the now empty spot in the corridor... :( Poor Jean-Luc. :(

Yeah, I love that too :laugh:

I think I mentioned this scene in my first post on here. I last watched this episode in the toilet at work (had nothing else to do) and I kept looping that same scene over again after realizing how brilliant it is. I love the music, it really conveys the mood. You can tell that gene had a hand in writing what she said as for me, it really describes his vision and the purpose of TNG.

You can tell that gene had a hand in writing what she said as for me, it really describes his vision and the purpose of TNG.

I couldn't agree more.

A real tearjerker...really. I'm sorry, do I come off as a softie? Well, tough cookies! I like this scene, I love it...and it makes me sad as a sap to watch Jean-Luc realize that she wasn't really there when Will interrupts him!

A real tearjerker...really. I'm sorry, do I come off as a softie? Well, tough cookies! I like this scene, I love it...and it makes me sad as a sap to watch Jean-Luc realize that she wasn't really there when Will interrupts him!

Well, we both come off as softies then. ;) If that's any comfort. :laugh:

What I also love about the scene is how Jean-Luc practially 'sits down' next to her. He could have remained standing there in front of her table and look down at her, but no, he prefers to face her on an 'equal level' (he's a little lower than she is, she's his mom, after all)... he's such a wonderful son. :inlove:

The whole change from the invincible captain to the loving son... it's incredibly touching. :inlove:

And we now all know where he got his love for tea from. ;)

Guest Andrew98

That was good to see who Picard's mother was. I really enjoyed where no one has gone before. And that scene made it really good.

That was good to see who Picard's mother was. I really enjoyed where no one has gone before. And that scene made it really good.

Agreed. It's very interesting to get to know his family. :)

Sign in to follow this