Sign in to follow this  
NeoSuperBlissey

TNG Returns to U.S. TV!

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111798507...yid=14&cs=1

In an article on how Sci-Fi Channel became one of THREE networks to pick up off-network broadcast rights to the CBS series "Ghost Whisperer," this little gem could be found at the bottom of the article:

In conjunction with the “Whisperer” deal, Sci Fi also picked up off-net rights to a range of shows from the CBS vault, including “Star Trek: The Next Generation,” which has never before aired on Sci Fi; WB hit “Charmed”; syndie cult-fave action-drama “Highlander”; and for comic relief, sitcom “Mork and Mindy.”

The strategy of stacking off-net acquisitions around compatible originals on one or two nights a week, instead of a traditional Monday-Friday skedding pattern, has given Sci Fi’s primetime slate more of a network feel, with a different lineup of shows each night, Vitale said.

“We’re really changing what Sci Fi Channel is with these kind of acquisitions,” Vitale said, referring to “Whisperer,” “Charmed,” “Star Trek: The Next Generation” and the other shows in the CBS pact. “As the original programming strategy ramps up, the acquired programming strategy has had to ramp up too.”

:worthy::worthy::worthy: ALL HAIL SCI-FI CHANNEL!!!! They play "First Contact" enough times, you'd figure they'd pick up a Trek series sooner or later! WOO-HOO!!!!! FINALLY...THE TREK HAS COME BACK...TO TELEVISION!!!!

Picard, Riker and Data are so happy, they're dancing! :disco::dance:

It sounds funny - but even though I have all the DVDs....I LOVE the fact it's back on telly!!

Huzzah!!!

Huzzah, indeed, my dear! It's great, absoulely freakin' fantastic! I mean, I always miss TOS on Sundays because I sleep in, TOS on TVLand is on way too early at 6:00 AM. And TNG is no longer on...just Voyager. VOYAGER!!!! The mentally retarded cousin of Captain Kirk and the bed-ridden parapeliegic nephew of Captain Picard remains the only Trek on anymore. I miss Enterprise every Monday because I'm constantly busy...but I always happen to be home for Voyager!!! Oh boy!

God, I'm so happy Next Gen is back...and for good, hopefully.

At ungodly hours of the morning...that's when. Like TOS on TVLand...ungodly hours. It's just not worth the early waking up for....

At ungodly hours of the morning...that's when. Like TOS on TVLand...ungodly hours. It's just not worth the early waking up for....

It's called a VCR ;)

I just want my TNG...I want my TNG...that's all that matters...all that matters....

I just want my TNG...I want my TNG...that's all that matters...all that matters....

What he said. :)

This just in from our friends at TrekMovie.com on WHEN Sci-Fi will start showing TNG:

SCI FI have updated their schedule. 4 episodes of TNG will begin airing each Monday at 7pm starting June 2nd (Enterprise currently airs in that slot and will begin airing 3 episodes starting at 7pm on June 3rd)

I've got all the DVD's, so I've been watching them, but it's nice to know TNG's back on TV! And on a channel we actually GET on campus, no less! (We don't get G4, which had TNG for a bit after Spike dropped it.)

Yeah! Something will be ON tv on Mondays! ;)

I've got all the DVD's, so I've been watching them, but it's nice to know TNG's back on TV! And on a channel we actually GET on campus, no less! (We don't get G4, which had TNG for a bit after Spike dropped it.)

G4 doesn't have any Trek anymore. They dropped TOS and TNG about a year-and-a-half, two years ago...now all they show is crap. It's either bad original programming, or insufferable Japanese programming that gets on your nerves.

G4 doesn't have any Trek anymore. They dropped TOS and TNG about a year-and-a-half, two years ago...now all they show is crap. It's either bad original programming, or insufferable Japanese programming that gets on your nerves.

Some people actually watch, like and/or appear on that "insufferable Japanese programming that gets on your nerves," Happy Russia, so ease off on your barbs, 'kay? (Just kidding, man. If that's your opinion, I respect it.)

If that station is what I rememebr of it, I actually liked some of those silly japaneese shows on there. Always silly, and amde me laugh my ass off on more then one occassion.

If that station is what I rememebr of it, I actually liked some of those silly japaneese shows on there. Always silly, and amde me laugh my ass off on more then one occassion.

Yeah, Ael, I love Ninja Warrior and Unbeatable Banzuke. THERE, I SAID IT!!

Sorry - I watched Spike for two reasons - TNG and Most Extreme Elimination Challenge.

OMG...Terri, you are the greatest! I know I must've said it, like, a million times...but it's so true! You watch MXC?!?!??? I miss it, it's not on anymore...so I'm just gonna get all the seasons on DVD. They have 'em, you know?

OMG...Terri, you are the greatest! I know I must've said it, like, a million times...but it's so true! You watch MXC?!?!??? I miss it, it's not on anymore...so I'm just gonna get all the seasons on DVD. They have 'em, you know?

Seriously? They have them on DVD? I have GOT to get them!!!! I actually had to make sure that I didn't drink too much before I watched ...if you know what I mean. ;) :D

Yeah, at Best Buy! All the seasons in a nice box! "It's the world's most toughest competition in town!" :laugh:

Yeah, at Best Buy! All the seasons in a nice box! "It's the world's most toughest competition in town!" :laugh:

In my best Napolean Dynamite...

Sweet!

Thought you'd be happy. "And here comes Ahmed Babbaganoosh!"

Don't! You're killing me! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:Cohost of Good Morning Bagdad!

Sign in to follow this