Mr.Picard

The Sir Patrick Stewart Topic

4,534 posts in this topic

it's about 25 minutes, so it takes a while to download.

spoiler:

I didn't know he was taking advice from McKellen about Macbeth. Ian was the best Macbeth ever!

I;m getting the older interviews wihtout a hitch, but the new will not buffer..... grrrrr.

Oh, I've been waiting for this interview to appear online ever since the day before yesterday! It took them AGES to put it online! :glare::laugh:

*watches it and loves it, of course* :angel_not:

We finally got to see it. We watched the first 13 min... and the hubby needed to leave for work, so we'll watch the rest together later. Wonderful interview so far....

We finally got to see it. We watched the first 13 min... and the hubby needed to leave for work, so we'll watch the rest together later. Wonderful interview so far....

It's definitely worth watching, yes. It's wonderful and it's one of those rare interviews in which he feels comfortable enough to mention Star Trek without being asked about it. That alone makes it very special. :thumbsup2: I could listen to him for hours. :thumbup:

I had problems with buffering, too..and it never played the last 5 minutes

but I downloaded it and will watch it again :devil:

I had no problems whatsoever. For a change. :laugh: I'll re-watch the interview as well later. Must. See. It. Again. :thumbup:

Mrs. P - did you see the kitty thread? :)

Patrick will be on The View this morning, 11 am eastern time. He'll be on after Robert Downey, Jr's interview. I'll watch it (Only for Patrick! God...do you think I actually like the view?) and try to relay the interview to you.

Mrs. P - did you see the kitty thread? :)

Yes, I did. ;) I already knew the pic, though. ;)

Patrick will be on The View this morning, 11 am eastern time. He'll be on after Robert Downey, Jr's interview. I'll watch it (Only for Patrick! God...do you think I actually like the view?) and try to relay the interview to you.

I know! I can't watch it, of course... I'd be eternally grateful if you could tell me what happened! :thumbup:

I'd be more than happy to, problem is...I don't want to sit through Clay Aiken's interview. Christ! They've got three people on today, Robert Downey Jr, Clay Aiken (Why??) and Patrick Stewart...although no mention of his appearance was made. Well, if he is on the show today, I'm sure he'll be happy to see Whoopi. Guinan? What're you doing on The View? :P

I'd be more than happy to, problem is...I don't want to sit through Clay Aiken's interview. Christ! They've got three people on today, Robert Downey Jr, Clay Aiken (Why??) and Patrick Stewart...although no mention of his appearance was made. Well, if he is on the show today, I'm sure he'll be happy to see Whoopi. Guinan? What're you doing on The View? :P

Oh, he saw Whoopi a few weeks ago! :thumbup:

whoopi.jpg

He'll be there... if his website says he'll be there, he will be there. :laugh:

OK - I'm sooo DVRing it....gotta go dump memory....

Don't bother, he wasn't on. Apparently, they wasted too much time with everything else, even though I enjoyed watching Robert Downey, Jr. They didn't mention whether Patrick will be on tomorrow, so who knows whether he'll be on or not. Terri, don't DVR it...Sandra, sorry that he really wasn't on...they pretty much lied. :(

WTF? :vulcan: @ ABC???!!! it was even on that The View website that he'd be there. Meh! :thumbdown:

Strange. *is kinda worried about him now* :dontgetit:

Don't worry...I'm sure he's totally fine. Just probably had some scheduling conflicts. He's a very busy man, you know!

Don't worry...I'm sure he's totally fine. Just probably had some scheduling conflicts. He's a very busy man, you know!

Yes, but I also know that he's scheduled to appear on stage in Macbeth in the evening, not in the morning. I wonder if something's wrong. :confused: I hope he's okay. :huh: It's rather unusual for him not appear on a TV show... it was announced last week that he'd be there... which means he WILL be there... unless... something's wrong. *biting fingernails* :huh:

Hmmmmm. I'm sure he's fine. :)

Maybe he just wanted to sleep in.... :)

Hmmmmm. I'm sure he's fine. :)

Maybe he just wanted to sleep in.... :)

:laugh: Yeah, maybe. I've thought about that as well, maybe he overslept or something. :cry:

Some small news! It's all about Mr. Stewart's favorite soccer team!

Patrick praises scheme

HUDDERSFIELD Town’s most famous supporter has backed the club’s season ticket campaign for the centenary year.

Hollywood film and television star Patrick Stewart has bought his £100 season ticket and admits that it is an exciting time to be a Town fan.

Speaking from New York, Mirfield-born Stewart said: “Selling season tickets for £100 is a fantastic scheme and one which I hope will galvanise even more support behind Town.

“It is a very important year in the history of the Club and it would be fitting if we could gain promotion in front of a bumper crowd.”

Stewart, who is Chancellor of the University of Huddersfield, has been an ardent Town fan for years and is often seen at the Galpharm when he is working in the UK.

(Source)

Maybe he was just talking to that Huddersfield guy on the phone and forgot about his The View appointment. :vulcan:

Maybe he was just talking to that Huddersfield guy on the phone and forgot about his The View appointment. :vulcan:

Well some things do take priority! ;)

Well some things do take priority! ;)

Yes, calls from 'home' always take priority for Mr. Stewart. You're right. :biggrin: He also tends to talk and talk and talk if he's in the right mood, so... :angel_not: (He once said to his son Daniel during an interview that he did with him, "Daddy talks too much, you know." *lol*)

Now they say he'll appear NEXT Thursday on The View. Website. Hmmmmm. I still want to know what went wrong. :vulcan:

Well, I'll still set the DVR

I just hope he'll appear this time. I was really worried yesterday. That was NOT funny, ABC. :thumbdown:

However... some (hopefully) better news...

Tony Committee Makes Final Eligibility Decisions for 2007-2008 Season

The Tony Awards Administration Committee has released its fourth and final batch of decisions concerning eligibility of shows opening during the 2007-2008 Broadway season.

[...]

Macbeth - Patrick Stewart, who plays the title role, and Kate Fleetwood, who plays lady Macbeth, will be considered respectively in the Leading Actor and Actress in a Play.

(Source)

:thumbsup2:

EDIT: He's okay. I've just found a picture of him that was taken last night. He's fine. *relieved*