Mr.Picard

The Sir Patrick Stewart Topic

26 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

A new little animated short movie with Sir Patrick as the narrator: Anomaly's witty Christmas animation with Patrick Stewart takes a dark turn

Speaking of Sir Patrick and Christmas, does he ever do his "Christmas Carol" show live anymore?  I've heard that one-man show was extraordinary; he read ALL of the parts (!).  

1 hour ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Speaking of Sir Patrick and Christmas, does he ever do his "Christmas Carol" show live anymore?  I've heard that one-man show was extraordinary; he read ALL of the parts (!).  

He has said that he'd love to do it again but he doesn't think he'll be able to. Last time he did it, it was already beyond exhausting for him, and that was 12 years ago. He says he just isn't in the shape for it anymore. Of course it's always possible he'll try it again, but somehow I don't think so. Maybe for a one-time special event, THAT I can totally see, but a full run of three weeks or so, every evening, not so much. (He might still surprise everyone but really, I do think it would be too much for him, he IS rapidly approaching 80, after all.)

5 hours ago, Mr.Picard said:

He has said that he'd love to do it again but he doesn't think he'll be able to. Last time he did it, it was already beyond exhausting for him, and that was 12 years ago. He says he just isn't in the shape for it anymore. Of course it's always possible he'll try it again, but somehow I don't think so. Maybe for a one-time special event, THAT I can totally see, but a full run of three weeks or so, every evening, not so much. (He might still surprise everyone but really, I do think it would be too much for him, he IS rapidly approaching 80, after all.)

Yeah, that’s true.

He’s aged so gracefully I sometimes forget that he’s 26 years older than I am.   But yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him (someday?) do a one-night charity event of it. 

12 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Yeah, that’s true.

He’s aged so gracefully I sometimes forget that he’s 26 years older than I am.   But yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him (someday?) do a one-night charity event of it. 

People sometimes do forget his age - including himself. He then gets unpleasant reminders of it when he finds himself in a tight spot (for example, he readily agreed to carry/run with the Olympic torch a few years ago. Turned out he had to run up a bit of a hill and it all took much longer than he had expected and the torch was a lot more heavy than he had anticipated. He ran and made it, but he says it he was barely able to, he only made it because he thought of the embarrassing headlines and pictures that would happen if he didn’t, lol). I’m just glad that, these days, he actually DOES relax, though. He refused to do this for a long time but nowadays he takes time off. And he takes a two-hour nap every afternoon. Good! :inlove: 

But yes, for charity he would absolutely do his Christmas Carol show, of that I have no doubt.

8 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Awwww...:happy:

He's so cute! I'd seen this before but in horrible audio/visual quality, this is much better. I love how he orders people around even on his first TV appearance. :laugh:

2 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

He writes the most wonderful texts (he WOULD have made a great journalist if he had stayed at that newspaper back then):

Patrick Stewart: my nerve-racking RSC audition with the great John Barton

I could see him now, “A journalist’s first duty is to the truth!” ;)

1 minute ago, Sehlat Vie said:

I could see him now, “A journalist’s first duty is to the truth!” ;)

That's not what he thought back then though when he made up articles about events he hadn't even gone to because he had been on stage instead... :laugh:

4 hours ago, Mr.Picard said:

That's not what he thought back then though when he made up articles about events he hadn't even gone to because he had been on stage instead... :laugh:

Oh, the shame....:laugh: