Mr.Picard

The Sir Patrick Stewart Topic

13 minutes ago, prometheus59650 said:

No kidding. :) It's not a pop-up. I look because it interests me.

Mr Picard’s posts (and fanfic) always bring a smile to my mug. :thumbup:

Sir Patrick just now at the RSPCA Animal Hero Awards in London:

PaddyAnimalAwards2.png

Look at him being wonderful :inlove:

9 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Yeah, he’s alright, I guess... :P :giggle:

* just trolling/teasing you...* 

He is PERFECT OKAY. :P Allow me to demonstrate why that is so with another picture from last night:

Sir Patrick Stewart And Doggo.jpg (Source)

LOOK AT HIM HOLDING THAT DOGGO

6 hours ago, Mr.Picard said:

He is PERFECT OKAY. :P Allow me to demonstrate why that is so with another picture from last night:

Sir Patrick Stewart And Doggo.jpg (Source)

LOOK AT HIM HOLDING THAT DOGGO

Well, when you put it that way... :P

7 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Well, when you put it that way... :P

I do. Do NOT question his amazingness. EVER. :P (Nah. I get it that some folks don't really like him for one reason or another. I know you like him tho. Heh.)

1 minute ago, Mr.Picard said:

I do. Do NOT question his amazingness. EVER. :P (Nah. I get it that some folks don't really like him for one reason or another. I know you like him tho. Heh.)

Indeed I do.   Amazing actor, great humanitarian and he plays my favorite ST captain.   What’s not to like? :thumbup:

14 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Indeed I do.   Amazing actor, great humanitarian and he plays my favorite ST captain.   What’s not to like? :thumbup:

Some folks dislike him because he "was rude" to them at some point (it always turns out it was more THEM who were rude to HIM or expected him to act a certain way because HE IS AN ACTOR HE HAS TO DO WHAT I WANT AND POSE FOR SELFIES WITH ME WHY DIDN'T HE DO THAT, RUDE). Others don't like his political opinions. Others don't like his acting. Whichever. People always find a reason to dislike. My favorites are the ones who claim they were a "huge fan" and then suddenly "lose all respect" for him when he says something they disagree with - it's really awkward most of the time because his opinions are fairly well-known by now and their claims of having been a "huge fan" lose all impact because if they had been even a casual fan they would have known where he stands in the first place. 

I don't get what's not to love either, I may not always agree with what he does (sometimes I think he takes the funny stuff a little too far - lobster costume, anyone - but hey, he's happy and having fun, who am I to judge, I just smile, say "oh HONEY, this is going to break Twitter again" and shake my head, haha) but he is a wonderful man and a wonderful person and a wonderful actor and... yeah. :inlove: 

4 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

I don't get what's not to love either, I may not always agree with what he does (sometimes I think he takes the funny stuff a little too far - lobster costume, anyone - but hey, he's happy and having fun, who am I to judge,

Since I’ve gone to several cities in several states dressed in a caveman costume from an old cartoon?  I’d be the last person to insult his lobster costume... :giggle:

1 minute ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Since I’ve gone to several cities in several states dressed in a caveman costume from an old cartoon?  I’d be the last person to insult his lobster costume... :giggle:

I guess I should be glad they only put him into his bathtub and he didn't walk through New York in that costume. :laugh: (He wouldn't do that tho. Drawing attention in public is the last thing he wants, understandably so.) I guess I'm more "ack" about the Twitter breaking than what he actually does, it DOES put a smile on my face, really - but it messes up ALL my sources. Whenever he does something hilarious it's EVERYWHERE, for DAYS, and the real news about him get very difficult to spot because they're drowned out by the hype around his latest shenanigans. I sometimes think "I liked his Twitter better when no one but my friends who knew better than to question my expertise believed me it was him and his biggest Twitter highlight was a picture of a slug on a wall" :laugh: 

Oh dear, I'm having one of my "I liked his Twitter before it was cool" Hipster Fan Moments right here and now, haha.

Just now, Mr.Picard said:

I guess I should be glad they only put him into his bathtub and he didn't walk through New York in that costume. :laugh: (He wouldn't do that tho. Drawing attention in public is the last thing he wants, understandably so.) I guess I'm more "ack" about the Twitter breaking than what he actually does, it DOES put a smile on my face, really - but it messes up ALL my sources. Whenever he does something hilarious it's EVERYWHERE, for DAYS, and the real news about him get very difficult to spot because they're drowned out by the hype around his latest shenanigans. I sometimes think "I liked his Twitter better when no one but my friends who knew better than to question my expertise believed me it was him and his biggest Twitter highlight was a picture of a slug on a wall" :laugh: 

Oh dear, I'm having one of my "I liked his Twitter before it was cool" Hipster Fan Moments right here and now, haha.

:laugh: 

Oh, that’s hilarious.   

2 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

:laugh: 

Oh, that’s hilarious.   

I'm SUCH a hipster fan these days, I swear. (It's why I've jokingly put "I admired Sir Patrick Stewart before it was cool" in my Twitter bio haha.) Everyone and their dog is all over his shenanigans now and I'm miffed because I used to tell people "he's hilarious" and they were like "are you for REAL" - an example: I once posted a picture of Toddler!Stewie somewhere and people were like "WTF dude, are you trying to ruin the man's dignity, come ON". If I do that today people are like "omg he was always so cute and look at that smile that's so him" and I sit there with a grumpy "Oh so NOW you notice, huh" face. :laugh: His image has really turned around ever since he got so popular on Twitter. 

7 hours ago, Mr.Picard said:

I'm SUCH a hipster fan these days, I swear. (It's why I've jokingly put "I admired Sir Patrick Stewart before it was cool" in my Twitter bio haha.) Everyone and their dog is all over his shenanigans now and I'm miffed because I used to tell people "he's hilarious" and they were like "are you for REAL" - an example: I once posted a picture of Toddler!Stewie somewhere and people were like "WTF dude, are you trying to ruin the man's dignity, come ON". If I do that today people are like "omg he was always so cute and look at that smile that's so him" and I sit there with a grumpy "Oh so NOW you notice, huh" face. :laugh: His image has really turned around ever since he got so popular on Twitter. 

I think it goes back further than that, really.

I still remember that cute TV Guide cover he did back in the '90s when he (and model Cindy Crawford) were voted the Sexiest Man/Woman on TV.   I think that might've been the very beginning of the media seeing him in a much more playful way than they saw him on TNG. 

12 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

I think it goes back further than that, really.

I still remember that cute TV Guide cover he did back in the '90s when he (and model Cindy Crawford) were voted the Sexiest Man/Woman on TV.   I think that might've been the very beginning of the media seeing him in a much more playful way than they saw him on TNG. 

The media in some way, maybe, but it never really reached most casual fans (the devoted ones knew, of course). It's also the fact that he did so many movies in the 90s where he played a broad variety of characters that never really caught anyone's attention much because they were mostly independent movies and not blockbusters, so the image of the stern and strict authority figure remained attached to him. Charles Xavier then really didn't help with that one  either, lol.

He continues to be proud of the TV Guide voting/cover tho (although he also remains WTF about it). :laugh:

leather-2.jpg

1 hour ago, Mr.Picard said:

The media in some way, maybe, but it never really reached most casual fans (the devoted ones knew, of course). It's also the fact that he did so many movies in the 90s where he played a broad variety of characters that never really caught anyone's attention much because they were mostly independent movies and not blockbusters, so the image of the stern and strict authority figure remained attached to him. Charles Xavier then really didn't help with that one  either, lol.

He continues to be proud of the TV Guide voting/cover tho (although he also remains WTF about it). :laugh:

leather-2.jpg

I had that issue.   Hmmm... I wonder if it’s still in my garage...?

I have a bunch of old magazines that I moved from my bachelor apartment to my current house when I got married, because, well...I suck at throwing things out.   * blushes*

My then-casual crush on Cindy Crawford may have had something to do with me ‘accidentally’ keeping it as well...  :angel_not:

36 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

I had that issue.   Hmmm... I wonder if it’s still in my garage...?

I have a bunch of old magazines that I moved from my bachelor apartment to my current house when I got married, because, well...I suck at throwing things out.   * blushes*

My then-casual crush on Cindy Crawford may have had something to do with me ‘accidentally’ keeping it as well...  :angel_not:

If you still have it, feel free to send it over to me! I'd love to own this amazing piece of Sir Patrick history. :happy: 

(Not if you still have that crush on Cindy Crawford and find yourself unable to part with her though, of course. :laugh: )

1 hour ago, Mr.Picard said:

If you still have it, feel free to send it over to me! I'd love to own this amazing piece of Sir Patrick history. :happy: 

(Not if you still have that crush on Cindy Crawford and find yourself unable to part with her though, of course. :laugh: )

No, my crush on Cindy Crawford ended (none-too coincidentally) around the time I met Mrs. Vie... :inlove: :P

And yes, if I can find it?  I will send it.  Not sure what condition it’s in, but hopefully it’s not too bad.  Give me a couple days to turn my garage upside down for it.  I have a BIG cabinet full of old ‘stuff’ in one corner; I’m thinking that’s Ground Zero. 

20 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

No, my crush on Cindy Crawford ended (none-too coincidentally) around the time I met Mrs. Vie... :inlove: :P

And yes, if I can find it?  I will send it.  Not sure what condition it’s in, but hopefully it’s not too bad.  Give me a couple days to turn my garage upside down for it.  I have a BIG cabinet full of old ‘stuff’ in one corner; I’m thinking that’s Ground Zero. 

Take your time! You also don't have to send the entire thing if you don't want to - just the Sir Patrick pages and the cover would be enough! :)

1 minute ago, Mr.Picard said:

Take your time! You also don't have to send the entire thing if you don't want to - just the Sir Patrick pages and the cover would be enough! :)

Oh, if I find it, it’s yours... one less thing in my garage.  :laugh:

12 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Would I be correct in assuming this was taken during "In Theory"?

Most likely. The Roddenberry Vault page says so, but I don't trust their word - they get episodes wrong pretty much all the time.