Mr.Picard

The Sir Patrick Stewart Topic

Look at this soccer nerd celebrating Huddersfield Town's first Premier League match win today:

SoccerNerd.png (Source)

Sir Patrick and James Mangold attended a LOGAN Q&A in LA after a screening of the movie last night:

Sir Patrick Stewart (LOGAN Screening LA) 2.png

Sir Patrick Stewart (LOGAN Screening LA) 4.png

(Source)

6 hours ago, Mr.Picard said:

Sir Patrick and James Mangold attended a LOGAN Q&A in LA after a screening of the movie last night:

Sir Patrick Stewart (LOGAN Screening LA) 2.png

Sir Patrick Stewart (LOGAN Screening LA) 4.png

(Source)

I’m guessing that was the American Cinematheque (aka The Egyptian) in Hollywood; I recognize the drapes.  Been there quite a few times...

Nope, it was a Fox Studios screening. Zanuck Theater or something. It wasn't anything "public", it was a somewhat private screening for actors and actresses, as was the Q&A afterwards.

28 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

Nope, it was a Fox Studios screening. Zanuck Theater or something. It wasn't anything "public", it was a somewhat private screening for actors and actresses, as was the Q&A afterwards.

Oh, THAT’S it!  Thanks for properly jogging my failing memory! :thumbup:

I’ve been to the Zanuck Theater, too.  My wife had ASIFA (animation academy) tickets to a free screening of “How to Tame Your Dragon 2” there a few years ago.   It’s on the Fox lot in Century City, waaaaay towards the back of the lot (near the “Die Hard” tower).

To be honest I'm more interested in Sir Patrick being tiny and cute on his chair than in where that chair actually IS. :laugh:

6 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

To be honest I'm more interested in Sir Patrick being tiny and cute on his chair than in where that chair actually IS. :laugh:

Of course...:P

Just now, Sehlat Vie said:

Of course...:P

I can't help it, I mean look at him, he's the tiniest guy on that stage and he's so ADORABLE. :inlove:

5 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Only about an hour and 20 minutes from me, at maximum warp.  Maybe I have a tuxedo here someplace... :laugh:

You could also just go there for his red carpet arrival. (And hope he won't sneak in through the back door... he rarely does that but it has been known to happen, mostly when he doesn't feel all that well.) Or you could indeed try to get a ticket and watch the whole thing from the first row. If you do, please take pictures. ;) 

7 hours ago, Mr.Picard said:

You could also just go there for his red carpet arrival. (And hope he won't sneak in through the back door... he rarely does that but it has been known to happen, mostly when he doesn't feel all that well.) Or you could indeed try to get a ticket and watch the whole thing from the first row. If you do, please take pictures. ;) 

No, I'm afraid I can't make it.   Lots of life stuff this month (and next).   My wife and I already splurged to get tickets to see Breaking Bad's Bryan Cranston on Sept. 10th, too.  Besides; I wouldn't go that far just to stand in a red carpet queue.  

But I'm sure given your incredible online resourcefulness and speed?  You'll get far better pics than I would anyway, and you'll post them faster than I could too! :thumbup:;)

It's okay, it's probably more than just expensive to get into that ceremony thingy anyway. I wouldn't go either. ;)

8 hours ago, Mr.Picard said:

It's okay, it's probably more than just expensive to get into that ceremony thingy anyway. I wouldn't go either. ;)

Besides, if I want to see it I could just come to your Sir Patrick thread.. :laugh:

You’ve made me even lazier.  :P

On 8/31/2017 at 3:59 AM, Sehlat Vie said:

Besides, if I want to see it I could just come to your Sir Patrick thread.. :laugh:

You’ve made me even lazier.  :P

That's the downside of being the resident Sir Patrick expert... people develop a "let the expert do this" attitude. I don't mind tho. :P 

1 hour ago, Mr.Picard said:

That's the downside of being the resident Sir Patrick expert... people develop a "let the expert do this" attitude. I don't mind tho. :P 

Heavy is the burden of the devoted fan, :)

2 hours ago, Mr.Picard said:

:laugh:

Oh dear. :laugh:

I do feel the need to inform people that I filter news... I don't post every single new thing that I come across, only the most interesting and relevant stuff. So if you want an absolutely 100% Sir Patrick experience you DO need to look for information yourself. :P

4 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

Oh dear. :laugh:

I do feel the need to inform people that I filter news... I don't post every single new thing that I come across, only the most interesting and relevant stuff. So if you want an absolutely 100% Sir Patrick experience you DO need to look for information yourself. :P

Nah. I don't need every bit. You post the best of it all, and that's more than good enough. :)

Just now, prometheus59650 said:

Nah. I don't need every bit. You post the best of it all, and that's more than good enough. :)

Aww, thank you! I'm always afraid I'll annoy folks with all the Sir Patrick stuff... I'm always like "and this isn't even all I could post...!" :laugh: But I'm glad people seem to approve and to enjoy it!

19 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

Aww, thank you! I'm always afraid I'll annoy folks with all the Sir Patrick stuff... I'm always like "and this isn't even all I could post...!" :laugh: But I'm glad people seem to approve and to enjoy it!

Fandom is what it is and you love what you love what you love. No one needs me to tell you to post away.

Someone no like-y, someone no click-y. That's the nature of this internet thing. :)

I doubt I could stop loving Sir Patrick, even if I wanted to... not possible, not anymore. :laugh: 

9 hours ago, prometheus59650 said:

Fandom is what it is and you love what you love what you love. No one needs me to tell you to post away.

Someone no like-y, someone no click-y. That's the nature of this internet thing. :)

Very much this.

If I didn’t like reading/seeing it, I wouldn’t click on it.  :thumbup:

46 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Very much this.

If I didn’t like reading/seeing it, I wouldn’t click on it.  :thumbup:

No kidding. :) It's not a pop-up. I look because it interests me.