Mr.Picard

The Sir Patrick Stewart Topic

4,526 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Mr.Picard said:

Sir Patrick at the Emoji Movie premiere just now:

RHTJ.png

Where is this?   It looks like San Diego (where I am now).

9 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Where is this?   It looks like San Diego (where I am now).

It was in LA. :) (Sorry I forgot to add the location, it was close to midnight my time when it happened, I was tired. lol)

But I do have more pics.

tumblr_otkgtizBpW1r116c2o1_540.png:inlove:

19 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

It was in LA. :) (Sorry I forgot to add the location, it was close to midnight my time when it happened, I was tired. lol)

But I do have more pics.

tumblr_otkgtizBpW1r116c2o1_540.png:inlove:

The skyline and weather looked familiar, but LA is a couple hours away at maximum warp...hehe.

And yes, I like the unshaven look; so much so that I've adopted it myself...about 30 years ago. :laugh:

4 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

The skyline and weather looked familiar, but LA is a couple hours away at maximum warp...hehe.

And yes, I like the unshaven look; so much so that I've adopted it myself...about 30 years ago. :laugh:

I'm pretty sure he's growing the beard for a role, not for fun, he's not the beard type usually. (Unless he has changed his mind there, haha.) He looks wonderful at all times. :inlove:

tumblr_otlbmzfifM1r116c2o1_540.png:inlove:

Look at him being perfect :inlove:

3 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

And a nice little video interview (no worries, he talks about more than just the Emoji Movie): 'The Emoji Movie' star Patrick Stewart on playing 'Poop': 'It's been a lifelong preparation'

:laugh:

I'd imagine eating whole fiber foods could now be considered a tax write off in preparation for the role...:P

Sir Patrick is one witty guy.

Just now, Sehlat Vie said:

:laugh:

I'd imagine eating whole fiber foods could now be considered a tax write off in preparation for the role...:P

Sir Patrick is one witty guy.

The interview is interesting for Trekkies as well, I literally just froze when he actually said "Jean-Luc" and not "Captain Picard" (he hardly EVER calls him just Jean-Luc, he usually either says Captain Picard or Jean-Luc Picard) when talking about the TNG days... he says nothing really new but it's still interesting and I like that he's being given the chance to talk.

But yes. He's been known to say this "lifelong preparation" thing about his Emoji... it always gets him laughs. :laugh:

Sir Patrick arrives at the Hollywood Foreign Press Association's Grants Banquet in LA (8/2/17, Source):

SirPatrickBAnquet.png:inlove:

*FLAILS WILDLY* HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Sir Patrick just now at Star Trek's Las Vegas convention:

tumblr_ou6nq7l4dK1r116c2o1_540.png (Source)

EDIT: More pics!

tumblr_ou6o6pjsxd1r116c2o1_540.png

tumblr_ou6o6pjsxd1r116c2o2_540.png

(Source)

Sir Patrick just now at the Inner Light panel in Vegas:

tumblr_ou8kwdmkUz1r116c2o2_r1_540.png (Source)

I know you posted this a while ago, Mr. Picard, but I absolutely agree with you him and his role in Logan. I always knew he was a good actor with TNG, but he took it to a whole other level in that movie. A wonderful, yet tragic depiction of Charles Xavier.

2 minutes ago, The Founder said:

I know you posted this a while ago, Mr. Picard, but I absolutely agree with you him and his role in Logan. I always knew he was a good actor with TNG, but he took it to a whole other level in that movie. A wonderful, yet tragic depiction of Charles Xavier.

Yes, he did quite wonderfully. Early rumors indicate that he is indeed among the contenders for an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor (doubt he'll get the nomination tho, but it's nice to see his name at least being thrown around). It's an amazing performance, no doubt.

Well if anyone deserves it ... it's him.

11 minutes ago, The Founder said:

Well if anyone deserves it ... it's him.

Absolutely. They have ignored him for long enough when it comes to the bigger awards! (Them overlooking him every single time they nominate him for an award is a very frustrating and by now no longer a funny running gag. I know I'm more upset about this than he is, but still. I just want for him and his work to finally be recognized properly because he is so amazing, beautiful and wonderful, and not just as an actor.)

On 8/5/2017 at 4:55 PM, Mr.Picard said:

Sir Patrick just now at the Inner Light panel in Vegas:

tumblr_ou8kwdmkUz1r116c2o2_r1_540.png (Source)

^
I wuz there! :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

^
I wuz there! :thumbup:

I thought you missed the Inner Light panel...? :P;) 

18 hours ago, Mr.Picard said:

I thought you missed the Inner Light panel...? :P;) 

Oh, I thought that was the Sir Patrick Q&A... My mistake.  :laugh:

Now that I think of it, you're right.  He wasn't wearing that at his Q&A. 

2 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Oh, I thought that was the Sir Patrick Q&A... My mistake.  :laugh:

Now that I think of it, you're right.  He wasn't wearing that at his Q&A. 

Go a little further up in this thread, I added pics from his Q&A as well. He was wearing a t-shirt under his jacket then - for the Inner Light panel he wore his fancy shirt. :) 

10 hours ago, Mr.Picard said:

Go a little further up in this thread, I added pics from his Q&A as well. He was wearing a t-shirt under his jacket then - for the Inner Light panel he wore his fancy shirt. :) 

Astute.  ;)

I'm really obsessed with what he's wearing, I don't even know why. I just love to analyze his outfits (probably because I'd love to wear most of them myself, haha). :laugh:

The first "The Wilde Wedding" trailer is here! Check it out.

19 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

The first "The Wilde Wedding" trailer is here! Check it out.

He is just SUPER busy, isn't he?  I'm amazed (and humbled) that he even made it to Vegas last week.  Wish to hell I could've got an autograph but those were sold out ages ago.   Too bad...I would've splurged the funds for that one. 

24 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

He is just SUPER busy, isn't he?  I'm amazed (and humbled) that he even made it to Vegas last week.  Wish to hell I could've got an autograph but those were sold out ages ago.   Too bad...I would've splurged the funds for that one. 

He also just finished shooting another movie in Canada/Switzerland, so yeah, he's busy - although he also makes it a point to relax more these days. I'm very glad about that. :inlove: