Mr.Picard

The Sir Patrick Stewart Topic

4,340 posts in this topic

Just now, Sehlat Vie said:

Well, Mystique IS a shape shifter... ;)

Yup! This is why I'd LOVE to see him as Mystique. IMAGINE THE THINGS HE COULD WEAR AND DO *heavy breathing*

4 hours ago, Mr.Picard said:

Yup! This is why I'd LOVE to see him as Mystique. IMAGINE THE THINGS HE COULD WEAR AND DO *heavy breathing*

I'd only hope you could handle it, my friend... :laugh:

post-65601-wide-eyed-owl-breathing-heavy

18 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

I'd only hope you could handle it, my friend... :laugh:

post-65601-wide-eyed-owl-breathing-heavy

I'd handle it, somehow. Since I don't go to the movies I'd have a lot of time to prepare myself for the Blu Ray. ;)

10 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

I'd handle it, somehow. Since I don't go to the movies I'd have a lot of time to prepare myself for the Blu Ray. ;)

Going to movies with a general audience is so hit-and-miss these days that I really can't blame you.   Sometimes the audience behaves, other times it's like watching a movie during a frat-boy party.   Annoyances like seat-kickers (or just people with restless legs who make you feel like you're launching on a space shuttle), talkers, phone junkies, you name it.   It's as though people can't put their lives on hold for two silly hours to give proper attention to the movie they paid X amount to see in the first place.   I really don't get it.  When I was a kid, the worst distraction was the talker (or seat kicker); but now we have a whole range of new distractions.

If moviegoing wasn't such a fond memory of my childhood, I doubt I'd be as sentimental about seeing movies in theatre as I am today...

Besides, on blu ray you have SPS all to yourself.  ;)

Going to movies with a general audience is so hit-and-miss these days that I really can't blame you.   Sometimes the audience behaves, other times it's like watching a movie during a frat-boy party.   Annoyances like seat-kickers (or just people with restless legs who make you feel like you're launching on a space shuttle), talkers, phone junkies, you name it.   It's as though people can't put their lives on hold for two silly hours to give proper attention to the movie they paid X amount to see in the first place.   I really don't get it.  When I was a kid, the worst distraction was the talker (or seat kicker); but now we have a whole range of new distractions.

If moviegoing wasn't such a fond memory of my childhood, I doubt I'd be as sentimental about seeing movies in theatre as I am today...

Besides, on blu ray you have SPS all to yourself.  ;)

I have issues with crowded places anyway, especially when people sit all around me (I still don't know how I managed to get through uni where everything was always incredibly crowded) but the things you mentioned are another major reason why it's been over a decade since I last set foot into a movie theater. Movies were never a big part of my life, I don't really feel like missing something. I always wait for DVDs (or in rare cases the Blu Ray, I refuse to buy the slightly more expensive Blu Rays unless I have a REALLY good reason for it), but then, I hardly ever feel any interest towards movies in the first place, I'm really not into them. I prefer television series and/or books.

With Sir Patrick movies things are extremely complicated, now more than they have ever been. These days I hate watching Sir Patrick movies with others, it's a very personal experience for me and I'm no good anyway, I'm very impatient for him to be on screen and complain constantly when he isn't, and when he is I just sit there and grin and squeal sometimes and if it's a DVD I'm watching I take notes for possible screencap moments - it's no use for me to be in a movie theater. I need peace and quiet when I watch a Sir Patrick movie, not other people bothering me and interrupting my thought processes. (I tend to not care about the movie at all at first, I need to watch stuff with Sir Patrick twice usually - the first time is just to see him and admire him and his beautiful face and just HIM, the second time is for actually watching the movie, and if I like what I see I watch it a third time to really get into it and learn some of his lines by heart and remember all the great moments and so on.)

On 3/19/2017 at 4:11 PM, Mr.Picard said:

*PTERODACTYL SCREECH*

tumblr_on2y9nsjzq1r116c2o1_540.png (Source)

I CAN'T

They're just true friends.It's a genuine and sweet bromance. It's all over both of them when they're together and it's a great thing to see. Photos of them together always make me smile.

8 hours ago, prometheus59650 said:

They're just true friends.It's a genuine and sweet bromance. It's all over both of them when they're together and it's a great thing to see. Photos of them together always make me smile.

I just hope that all of my friends still have that kind of affection for me when I'm in my 70s.  :happy:

1 hour ago, Sehlat Vie said:

I just hope that all of my friends still have that kind of affection for me when I'm in my 70s.  :happy:

One can only hope. :)

14 minutes ago, prometheus59650 said:

One can only hope. :)

I don't think I'll 'keep' anywhere near as well as Sir Patrick though....:laugh:

2 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

I don't think I'll 'keep' anywhere near as well as Sir Patrick though....:laugh:

Pretty much no one will. :)

Sir Patrick was in Huddersfield yesterday - he had arranged for a movie theater and LOGAN - for friends of his and, of course, the players of Huddersfield Town, his favorite soccer club, who are not far from being promoted to the Premier League. (They most likely won't make it but hey, he has hope and that's fine with me.) I know how much this means to him, it's so important that he says he'll stay in the UK to watch all the games from now on (there are six left) and cheer them on and whatnot. He's just so cute when he's in soccer nerd mode.

Here's a video from yesterday.

And here are screencaps:

Sir Patrick Stewart (Huddersfield Town) 4.png:inlove:

Sir Patrick Stewart (Huddersfield Town) 5.png:inlove:

look at him being a soccer nerd and perfect and beautiful

1 hour ago, Mr.Picard said:

Sir Patrick was in Huddersfield yesterday - he had arranged for a movie theater and LOGAN - for friends of his and, of course, the players of Huddersfield Town, his favorite soccer club, who are not far from being promoted to the Premier League. (They most likely won't make it but hey, he has hope and that's fine with me.) I know how much this means to him, it's so important that he says he'll stay in the UK to watch all the games from now on (there are six left) and cheer them on and whatnot. He's just so cute when he's in soccer nerd mode.

Here's a video from yesterday.

And here are screencaps:

Sir Patrick Stewart (Huddersfield Town) 4.png:inlove:

Sir Patrick Stewart (Huddersfield Town) 5.png:inlove:

look at him being a soccer nerd and perfect and beautiful

Those soccer nerd caps are so distinctly different from his being a Shakespeare nerd caps... :P

Those soccer nerd caps are so distinctly different from his being a Shakespeare nerd caps... :P

Or a jigsaw puzzle nerd, or a train nerd, or a history nerd, or a book nerd, or an art nerd... he's a nerd about sooooo many things, and he is always incredibly adorable, especially when he starts to talk about one of them. :inlove:

And here we have another video from yesterday. He's so happy and content I love him. :inlove: