Mr.Picard

The Sir Patrick Stewart Topic

4,340 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Mr.Picard said:

Sir Patrick talks some more about LOGAN in this little chat here.

Another bow for Sir Patrick and LOGAN; I'm thrilled that he has a commercial blockbuster that REALLY showcases the range of his talent.

12 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Another bow for Sir Patrick and LOGAN; I'm thrilled that he has a commercial blockbuster that REALLY showcases the range of his talent.

Me, too - although the hipster fan in me is a little annoyed that mainstream audiences are only now realizing that he can actually and really ACT. ;) 

1 hour ago, Mr.Picard said:

Me, too - although the hipster fan in me is a little annoyed that mainstream audiences are only now realizing that he can actually and really ACT. ;) 

Proof that they look up from their smartphones at some point.

14 minutes ago, prometheus59650 said:

Proof that they look up from their smartphones at some point.

I guess so. I just wish they'd noticed sooner... but then, more Sir Patrick for me that way. ;) 

5 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

I guess so. I just wish they'd noticed sooner... but then, more Sir Patrick for me that way. ;) 

Indeed. No reason for you to have to share if you don't have to. :)

6 minutes ago, prometheus59650 said:

Indeed. No reason for you to have to share if you don't have to. :)

I'm REALLY bad at sharing. It's why I'm such a loner as a fan and why I try to stay away from overly enthusiastic Sir Patrick fans. I'm just not cut out for this kind of thing. I can run pages about him, no problem, but interacting with "he's sooooo HOOOOOT" fans is not my thing. (Partly because I don't like it when fans treat him like an object, of course.)

21 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

I'm REALLY bad at sharing. It's why I'm such a loner as a fan and why I try to stay away from overly enthusiastic Sir Patrick fans. I'm just not cut out for this kind of thing. I can run pages about him, no problem, but interacting with "he's sooooo HOOOOOT" fans is not my thing. (Partly because I don't like it when fans treat him like an object, of course.)

Well, yeah. But some of that's understandable as he's an attractive man, same as Scarlett Johanssen is an attractive woman. It's perfectly normal to make note of that and have some fun with it.

But there's always a segment of "fandom" that is singularly focused on what they want to do with them in a hotel room. It doesn't matter their acting or whatever else they do, they're really just a piece of meat that the person wants to &^$@ and they seek like minds and forums where they can share that, get feedback and, to be blunt, get off on the fantasy.

That's not fandom...that's really sort of a soft form of stalking, IMHO.

1 minute ago, prometheus59650 said:

Well, yeah. But some of that's understandable as he's an attractive man, same as Scarlett Johanssen is an attractive woman. It's perfectly normal to make note of that and have some fun with it.

But there's always a segment of "fandom" that is singularly focused on what they want to do with them in a hotel room. It doesn't matter their acting or whatever else they do, they're really just a piece of meat that the person wants to &^$@ and they seek like minds and forums where they can share that, get feedback and, to be blunt, get off on the fantasy.

That's not fandom...that's really sort of a soft form of stalking, IMHO.

Exactly. I meant exactly those fans who only seem to be all over how "hot for his age" he is (and other comments they make that I can't repeat here because NSFW). They treat him like an object and whenever they stumble across a picture of him as Oberon (just one example) they completely lose it and are like HOT DAMN WHAT A STUD and it's irritating as hell because, as you said, they don't see the person, they see a "hot guy" and that's it. It just hurts to see him being reduced to this kind of thing. I have absolutely nothing against those who find him attractive - I find him very attractive as well, now even more so because he is not just physically attractive to me but also emotionally.

I'm just against those overly enthusiastic people who really only want to imagine themselves in a hotel room bed with him. Groupies, is what they used to be called, I believe. (Not sure if the term is still being used much.) Unfortunately, those hotel room fans are very loud and they can totally ruin things. I'm just wary of them. I prefer to look at Sir Patrick as a wonderful and beautiful person, not a naughty toy. 

Silly perhaps, but I thought it belonged here today... :P

6acfde90080de175b4397b182e853b94.gif

Sir Patrick and Dan are at the Empire Awards today!

tumblr_on2o0u9BJ51r116c2o1_540.jpg

(Source)

10 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

Sir Patrick and Dan are at the Empire Awards today!

tumblr_on2o0u9BJ51r116c2o1_540.jpg

(Source)

Great shot!

So what's his son up to these days?   Just curious.

2 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Great shot!

So what's his son up to these days?   Just curious.

Dan just filmed something although he didn't say what it was, haha. He's always very cryptic about things until they're actually released, so this is nothing new for him. :laugh:

1 minute ago, Mr.Picard said:

Dan just filmed something although he didn't say what it was, haha. He's always very cryptic about things until they're actually released, so this is nothing new for him. :laugh:

Unlike his dad, whose life is a very open book.  I started following SirPatStew on Instagram; lots of cute pics of his dog...:thumbup:

9 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Unlike his dad, whose life is a very open book.  I started following SirPatStew on Instagram; lots of cute pics of his dog...:thumbup:

Sir Patrick can be very quiet about new projects as well but usually only when he's forced to, haha! And yeah, Ginger is his foster dog. ;)

Here's another picture of him from just now.

tumblr_on2ph6BY4p1r116c2o1_540.png (Source)

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG

32 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

*PTERODACTYL SCREECH*

tumblr_on2y9nsjzq1r116c2o1_540.png (Source)

I CAN'T

I can feel your sensory overload from here...:P

2 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

I can feel your sensory overload from here...:P

*plays Britney Spears OOPS I DID IT AGAIN* honestly I can hear him singing it :laugh: "I'm not that innocent..." :laugh: 

HONESTLY THO THESE TWO LOOK AT HOW PASSIONATE THEY ARE askjdnsakjdnsjkadnajskd

tumblr_nottlydLbk1qj6sk2o4_400.gif

2 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

*plays Britney Spears OOPS I DID IT AGAIN* honestly I can hear him singing it :laugh: "I'm not that innocent..." :laugh: 

HONESTLY THO THESE TWO LOOK AT HOW PASSIONATE THEY ARE askjdnsakjdnsjkadnajskd

tumblr_nottlydLbk1qj6sk2o4_400.gif

^
Somehow I could very much hear him singing that too.

20 years ago?  No.  Today?  Absolutely:laugh:

1 minute ago, Sehlat Vie said:

^
Somehow I could very much hear him singing that too.

20 years ago?  No.  Today?  Absolutely:laugh:

I can even see him wearing Britney's outfit from the video. lol

14 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

No doubt...:giggle:

He would look AMAZING in it though. :inlove:I'm not biased at all

24 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

He would look AMAZING in it though. :inlove:I'm not biased at all

You?  Biased?  Why, perish the thought... :giggle:

Just now, Sehlat Vie said:

You?  Biased?  Why, perish the thought... :giggle:

HEY. :P He said it himself recently, he's "ready to be naked and painted blue" in order to play Mystique, so the road from there to a red latex suit really isn't too far. :laugh:

2 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

HEY. :P He said it himself recently, he's "ready to be naked and painted blue" in order to play Mystique, so the road from there to a red latex suit really isn't too far. :laugh:

Well, Mystique IS a shape shifter... ;)