Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andrew98

Lonely Among Us

Guest Andrew98

Episode Name: Lonely Among Us

Episode Number: 7

Season: 1

Director: Cliff Bole

Pretty good episode and it was good to see Data acting like Sherlock Holmes. I also like how Picard takes control of the ship and beams to nothingness. But its also good how they manage to get him back.

What are your thoughts?

Quite a good episode. I was beginning to warm up to Pulaski by this episode, and I found it interesting to see hoe you have to be careful what you say, when it comes to Geordi telling the computer what to do.

Quite a good episode. I was beginning to warm up to Pulaski by this episode, and I found it interesting to see hoe you have to be careful what you say, when it comes to Geordi telling the computer what to do.

*confused* :dontgetit: *lol* Pulaski? Where? :dontgetit: (I think you're confusing "Lonely Among Us" with "Elementary, Dear Data"... @.@ *lol*)

Anyway... "Lonely Among Us"... love the episode. Just watched it yesterday and I LOVE the subplot with the Anticans and the Selay. I'd have loved to see them bickering some more. The final scene of the episode is priceless when Yar's all like "OMG they're cooking one of the Selay delegates" and Jean-Luc just says "oh well, I need some rest, take charge, Number One." The look upon Riker's face is priceless. :laugh:

I also love how Jean-Luc's all grumpy after they've beamed him back. "Well at least you got rid of the damned pipe." LOOOL! That's why I love 'Grumpy Picard' so much! :inlove:

The final scene of the episode is priceless when Yar's all like "OMG they're cooking one of the Selay delegates" and Jean-Luc just says "oh well, I need some rest, take charge, Number One." The look upon Riker's face is priceless. :laugh:

The burdens of command.... ;)

*confused* :dontgetit: *lol* Pulaski? Where? :dontgetit: (I think you're confusing "Lonely Among Us" with "Elementary, Dear Data"... @.@ *lol*)

Oops :blush:

*Stupid idiot* I saw the name 'Sherlock Holmes' and my mind went on auto pilot to "Elementary, Dear Data".

I liked this episode. Wonderful to see Picard confused for once, and I loved the way Riker assumed command. Like he was born to lead.

Now that I remember this episode, I think I can talk about it without referring to the wrong episode lol.

I loved Data with his pipe and his line 'elementary dear Riker. Sir.' :laugh:

But I think I've known Mrs P. too long because my favourite scene was grumpy Picard when he got back off the transporter.

Riker really annoyed me at the end though. Tasha Yar comes running and says that one of the delegates is missing and that a pool of blood has been found near his quarters (or where ever, can't remember exactly) and Riker says 'can't this wait?'

But I think I've known Mrs P. too long because my favourite scene was grumpy Picard when he got back off the transporter.

Riker really annoyed me at the end though. Tasha Yar comes running and says that one of the delegates is missing and that a pool of blood has been found near his quarters (or where ever, can't remember exactly) and Riker says 'can't this wait?'

ROFL! My bad influence again! :giggle: I'm not really sorry. *giggle*

Hmm well, the P/R fan in me says Riker is just so happy that his captain is back safe and sound. :inlove: *grin*

Seriously, I've always assumed that he simply wants to point out to Yar that the captain is back and all... that's why he's all like "can't this wait for a few more minutes?" I do find the scene to be hilarious, though... the sub plot of this episode is genius IMO. :laugh:

ROFL! My bad influence again! :giggle:I'm not really sorry. *giggle*

Hmm well, the P/R fan in me says Riker is just so happy that his captain is back safe and sound. :inlove: *grin*

Seriously, I've always assumed that he simply wants to point out to Yar that the captain is back and all... that's why he's all like "can't this wait for a few more minutes?" I do find the scene to be hilarious, though... the sub plot of this episode is genius IMO. :laugh:

I think Yar can see that though. Once you've established one problem is solved (namely the safety of the Captain) move on to the next (one of the delegate being put in a stew).

I do agree, I love the sub-plot, especially when one of the aliens hooks Riker by the neck :laugh:

I think Yar can see that though. Once you've established one problem is solved (namely the safety of the Captain) move on to the next (one of the delegate being put in a stew).

I do agree, I love the sub-plot, especially when one of the aliens hooks Riker by the neck :laugh:

Yeah well but Yar just runs in and ignores Jean-Luc's presence completely (can't blame her, it's her job as chief of security to get to the problem right away). I guess that's why Riker felt it necessary to point out that the captain's back. :giggle:

OMG yes. "Sorry, wrong species." *rolling on the floor*

I loved the Selay (Is that how you spell it?) in this episode. Cobra people! I'd try and pet one ;)

I loved the line about the distance between The Selay and Antican's quarters as being 'Most unsatisfactory,' and wanting to be upwind of the Anticans.

:giggle: Upwind, in a starship that has no weather :confused:

fecking brilliant eipsode all in all :thumbsup2:

fecking brilliant eipsode all in all :thumbsup2:

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up for me. :P

I must say, though, that Deanna shielding her eyes and whining when CrazyPossessed!Jean-Luc starts shooting lightning like he was Emperor Palpatine is frakking comedy gold. :laugh:

I must say, though, that Deanna shielding her eyes and whining when CrazyPossessed!Jean-Luc starts shooting lightning like he was Emperor Palpatine is frakking comedy gold. :laugh:

That scene CRACKS me up. He totally PWNS them all with his evol blue beams. :thumbsup2:

I see an amusing icon coming .... :giggle:

Hahaha maybe! ;) I'll definitely see if I can make one if/when I watch the episode again (dunno when that will be, though lol).

See, Jay? I told ya that one has to watch season 1 episodes over and over again in order to start appreciating them. :giggle: They're not as bad as everyone always says they are. :biggrin:

I was looking through some of the episodes (by reading the synopis and looking at the screencaps) there is about 15 favorite episodes for me in season 1...for season 7, I already know my favorites there, about 13 or 14

Edited by JayTheTrekkie

This is a pretty good one, I love the background music. I liked that we got a bit more of Worf in this one. The only thing that troubles me is when Dr. Crusher doesn't know how she got on the bridge, and had her blackout, why didn't she just say? It would have helped things afterall. This one gets a 6.

Sign in to follow this