Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andrew98

Where No One Has Gone Before

Guest wesley67

Episode Name: Where No One Has Gone Before

Episode Number: 6

Season: 1

Director: Rob Bowman

I really enjoyed this episode and thought it was brilliant to see the Enterprise passing warp 10, being everywhere in the universe. I also like the traveler and think it was a good idea that he told Picard to encourage Wesley because he is smart.

What are your thoughts?

Definately better than "Where No Man Has Gone Before." Instead of two, practically nameless crewmen gaining psychic powers... (Ooh...big deal) we are sent on a voyage into the real final frontier, where imagination and dreams intermix!

Indeed...for me, this episode still holds up as one of my favorite TNG cool exploration episodes. When they first get thrown into that other galaxy, I loved that it was Data that suggested they take the opportunity to explore.

I also liked the idea of the Traveler, that he could manipulate time and space and how such things were like music for others. I really wished they had taken that farther with Wesley's characters. Not to go off on a Wesley bashing rant...but it would have been cool to see Wesley start out at about the age he was when he left the show, and with the help of the traveler evolve into what the Traveler eluded to in this episode.

This is definitely one of my favorite TNG episodes... although I really dislike the whole 'Wesley is so special because he's super smart' - thing. I just hate the boy, I can't help it. :S

But I do like the Traveler as well - my favorite scene is the one with Jean-Luc and his "Maman", though. So sweet. :inlove:

Guest Andrew98
This is definitely one of my favorite TNG episodes... although I really dislike the whole 'Wesley is so special because he's super smart' - thing. I just hate the boy, I can't help it. :S

But I do like the Traveler as well - my favorite scene is the one with Jean-Luc and his "Maman", though. So sweet. :inlove:

I agree. I hate Wesley Crusher too. That's why I changed my username if you can notice.

One of my favorite episodes of Star Trek. I loved the opposing personalities of Picard and that Starfleet officer who claimed he was upgrading the engines (forgot his name). I also thought the idea of combining thought and reality was awesome.

One of my favorite episodes of Star Trek. I loved the opposing personalities of Picard and that Starfleet officer who claimed he was upgrading the engines (forgot his name). I also thought the idea of combining thought and reality was awesome.

Kosinski. Very annoying character, but still... I love it when Argyle's all like "Perhaps you could call it the Kosinski scale?", Jean-Luc manages not to laugh TOO loudly and Kosinski actually thinks Argyle's serious. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

After reading this thread yesterday I was inspired to watch it today. I thought the Kosinski scale was hilarious, but the part I really don't like is when Wesley is screwing with the warp field dynamics and the Traveller is like, "OMG! this kid is so smart." Other than that it is an awesome episode.

WELCOME Ta-Dah!!!! So glad you decided to post! Nice to meet ya! Yeah, this episode was not my fave.....but it wasn't horrible either IMHO

Nahhh. I like Wil Wheaton. I think he just had a crummy character to play.

Well, getting slapped into a stereotype didn't help his career. Before ST, his performance in Stand By Me was amazing....

He's written a few books, has (IMHO) one of the funniest and most insighful blogs on the net and does bit appearances for Trek - most recently for Star Trek The Tour where he and Tim Russ play their respective parts for a "USS Titan" exhibit....

So, he's around.

Sign in to follow this