Sign in to follow this  
mr Pointy Ears

nemesis questions?.

In the scene in his ready room,picard shows beverly a photo of himself as a cadet,in the photo he is bald,but when he gradutes he got a full head of hair,so what happen?,did he lose a bet or decided on a change,secondly beverly didnt know picard until they were introduced(along with jack crusher)to each other by a fellow captain friend of picard's,was it a error on the writer's side or laziness?.

It's obviously an error. But I like to try to find a way around that plothole and create some kind of explanation. If you notice, that's not a Cadet's uniform, it's a starship's petty officer uniform...like you see in the TOS movies. It's possible that, at that moment in time, he wanted to go with a new look after being put aboard a starship. We do see the Captain as how he looked at the Academy in "Tapestry" and how he looked when Jack died in the episode "Violations." (I think it's "Violations," not too sure) In between those times, he might've wanted to go with the bald look...just to look tough or something. I couldn't tell you, really. But it is an error, but like I said...I want to try to have some explanation for it that sounds reasonable. (Unlike whatever reasons the writers or whomever tries to pass off as an 'explanation.') :thumbup:

Here's a couple of writing errors I noticed:

I just watched the first 30 minutes right now. During the senate scene in which two Romulan officers speak of forming an alliance with Shinzon, they claim this would make Romulus all-powerful, a real threat even to the Federation. Ok...Shinzon is the leader of the Remans. Remans have been used by the Romulans over the centuries as cannon fodder, bodyguards laborers, etc. (per Nemesis and Enterprise.) If the Remans had been, thus were already, used by the Romulans as cannon fodder, what sense does it make for some of them to argue that giving Shinzon power through an alliance will make the Romulans more powerful?

Basically, the only difference from how things would be before the events of the movie would be that Shinzon would be given power in the Romulan government.

Oh yeah, and that part when Worf, Data and Picard go out for a drive? Picard and Worf wearing riding goggles makes sense. An android wearing goggles? Not so much.

:vulcan:

An android wearing goggles? Not so much.

Just as much sense as an android wearing a visor during a poker game :) Data just wants to emulate humans as much as possible.

Lol - I was wondering when someone would say something like this. Down time is one thing, but I'd think even Data would come to the conclusion that exploration of human behavior should take a back seat during a mission.

but I'd think even Data would come to the conclusion that exploration of human behavior should take a back seat during a mission.

A mission is the perfect time to explore the human behavior. How one acts, responds and reacts during a mission gives the best leeway into finding out about the human condition. You really don't get to see the deepest parts of a person, unless they're under pressure! And that's what Data's been trying to capitalize on, as well as complete the objectives of his missions. :thumbsup2:

Sign in to follow this