Sign in to follow this  
Voyager

Transporter

I've literally just finished watching 'The Hunted' and Rogar's transportation confused me. They couldn't detect his life signs, so instead they detected any object big enough to be human.

But just say that you wanted to beam some dilithium on board, but someone had masked its signal; you wouldn't be able to beam up any object that had the possibility of being the dilithium and get it, because the object - not just its properties - would not be detectable.

So if his lifesigns her masked, wouldn't that mean that his actual physical body was as well?

Does this make any sense, it's kind of confusing/difficult to explain.

I've wondered about that myself, actually... so yes, I think your question does make sense. ;) I wonder why they didn't just beam the entire escape pod or whatever it was he was hiding in on board. :vulcan:

Hmm... I'm not very good at technobabble transporter explanations, though, so perhaps we're missing some important Heisenberg compensator detail or something. :laugh:

Well I don't know but on another note would it be possible to use a small transporter like device to beam clothes onto you, yes someone could have fun with practical jokes with a device like that, but could it be done by what we have seen in star trek, and it could be a sonic shower attachment.

I wonder why they didn't just beam the entire escape pod or whatever it was he was hiding in on board.

Perhaps that would have been too large of an object for the standard transporter to handle?

Perhaps that would have been too large of an object for the standard transporter to handle?

Yeah but they could use a cargo transporter or something. @.@ *lol* Hmm. I mean Jean-Luc talks about beaming an entire shuttlecraft on board in the episode "Deja Q", so it has to be possible to transport larger objects. *scratches head*

Yeah, there there have been instances where great quantities have been transported at once, the example that comes to mind is in Voyager's 'Prophecy' with all the Klingons.

My assumptions for them not transporting the ship is that it was more dangerous as they would lose the element of surprise when capturing him, but that transporter detail is still confusing me lol.

Sign in to follow this