Sign in to follow this  
mr Pointy Ears

what era\series would u choose

If you were asked what era or trek series would you like to see on the big screen which 1 would you pick?.

Seeing that the next generation is my favourite series,i would pick to continue with that series,but if i couldnt have that i wouldnt mind having a movie that features crews from TNG,DS9 AND VOYAGER.

Voyager   
I would have like to seen Voyager on the Big Screen.

Definately agree. I would like to see Voyager/DS9 on the big screen

Definitely Post-Nemesis.

DS9. Or USS Titan. Doesn't matter. Just as long as it's not a 'bleep'ing prequel. ;)

I would prefer something taking place post-Dominion War; an original series and an all new ship and crew, with both stand-alone and story arc episodes, all of which play into an underlying theme that's the foundation of the entire series. Ok, yeah, basically I'd like to see the Trek stories, characters, ships and aliens I created get their own series.

Aside from that, a late 24th/early 25th century story (that would erase all memory of Nemesis) would be great.

:thumbsup2:

Peters   

I wouldn't mind anything except TOS or DS9.

If an ENT 1 was on the big screen i'd go watch but i'd definately prefer to see more of Picard or see how Janeway copes under the pressure of making a movie.

Aside from that, a late 24th/early 25th century story (that would erase all memory of Nemesis) would be great.

:thumbsup2:

*ROTFLMAO*! I second that! :thumbup:

Kerdor   

Post TUC/Generations; Pre-TNG; dealing with the Excelsior (Or Ent-B/C)

Pros:

Can use all new crew

Doomsday plot not required

Many possible villains (Cardassians, Section 31, Romulans, Rogue Klingons, Tholians, etc)

Cameo possibility (with nearly correct ages without timetravel)

Cons:

Technically a Prequel

Probably non-established characters

Someone will want a 'save the federation' plot

Post TUC/Generations; Pre-TNG; dealing with the Excelsior (Or Ent-B/C)

Pros:

Can use all new crew

Doomsday plot not required

Many possible villains (Cardassians, Section 31, Romulans, Rogue Klingons, Tholians, etc)

Cameo possibility (with nearly correct ages without timetravel)

Cons:

Technically a Prequel

Probably non-established characters

Someone will want a 'save the federation' plot

Exactly what I've wanted. I don't understand why we would skip two Enterprises, almost 80 years between TOS and TNG. And the name TNG would suit this even better than it did for TNG.

I definately want to see a Voyager movie. For Voyager, they should do one like the relaunch books did (Homecoming and Further Shore) but not exactly but almost similiar but in a different way

Tone720   

I'd have loved to see the DS9 saga carry on into movies.

What happens after Sisko becomes a Prophet?

How does life on the station change with crew coming and going and the new treaty with the Dominion?

Could Sisko ever return? It is entirely possible as he didn't die (though even death doesn't seem to stop Starfleet captains :P)

Maybe we could even go through the Founder's trials etc.

Bottom line is theres a world of possibilities. I'm not all that creative but I came up with a few ideas, give a brief like that to writers who know what they're doing and have the creativity and who knows what will happen.

As it's not stranded anymore, Voyager could be followed up and finished in one movie, though it would be a prequel to Nemesis, but it would tell us how Janeway became a *bleep*ing Admiral and probably see Voyager end up in the Fleet Museum or Tech Labs (for study of all the Borg upgrades)...

Maybe there are events between EndGame and Nemesis that haven't been disclosed yet, but I don't see how stranding a ship across the galaxy, then getting it back home 7 years later would warrant a promotion when it took Kirk a lot more to get promoted, and Picard has never even been offered a promotion onscreen (unless I blinked and missed it). It is worth remembering that Picard's Enterprise was stranded in another GALAXY, yet he still got it back home nearly immediately (albeit with help from the Traveller, but Janeway had help from the Borg so that balances out)

and Picard has never even been offered a promotion onscreen (unless I blinked and missed it).

He was offered a promotion to the rank of Admiral (and to take over Starfleet Academy) in the episode "Coming Of Age". And, of course, 'Admiral Picard' appeared in the episode "Future Imperfect". ;)

Tone720   
He was offered a promotion to the rank of Admiral (and to take over Starfleet Academy) in the episode "Coming Of Age".

Ahh thanks for the correction. I forgot about that :blush: :ohmy:

Weird, I forget that but remember all the times Riker passed up a promotion. :P

Weird, I forget that but remember all the times Riker passed up a promotion. :P

I always have trouble remembering all those times when he was all like "I wanna stay aboard the Enterprise, thanks." I guess it's because I tend to remember Jean-Luc-related things only. :angel_not: (I like how Riker always refuses, though. It shows how much he loves to be the first officer of the flagship. ^^')

Tone720   
I always have trouble remembering all those times when he was all like "I wanna stay aboard the Enterprise, thanks." I guess it's because I tend to remember Jean-Luc-related things only. :angel_not: (I like how Riker always refuses, though. It shows how much he loves to be the first officer of the flagship. ^^')

I guess he gave in around the time of Nemesis when he realised the only way Picard is coming out of that seat is on his deathbed :laugh: and accepted the Titan instead.

Scotty   
I guess he gave in around the time of Nemesis when he realised the only way Picard is coming out of that seat is on his deathbed :laugh: and accepted the Titan instead.

Thats what pisses the hell out of me with Star Trek Nemesis. Riker wanted to stay on the Enterprise, he always said he'd wanted to get shot at the center seat of the Enterprise. Perhaps the Titian is a Galaxy class?

Thats what pisses the hell out of me with Star Trek Nemesis. Riker wanted to stay on the Enterprise, he always said he'd wanted to get shot at the center seat of the Enterprise. Perhaps the Titian is a Galaxy class?

Yeah, that pissed me off as well. Riker belongs onto the Enterprise he's the only one I could tolerate as her new captain. -.- Perhaps he just wanted to command the Titan for a while and is now waiting for Jean-Luc to retire. As soon as Jean-Luc retires (if he ever does, I wouldn't want him to, of course), Riker will pull a few strings at Command and he'll be back aboard the Enterprise in no time. :angel_not:

Tone720   

Indeed. We may not see it on screen, but there's little doubt Riker will be Captain of the flagship at some point.

Sign in to follow this