Unicron

How would you improve Voyager?

On 9/1/2017 at 3:03 PM, BolianAdmiral said:

I have a lot, and I mean a LOT of thoughts on this subject. Rather than post them here, I will be posting them as I go along, when I start a VOY rewatch thread. Suffice it to say, that since I've been rewatching what I can of it on the BBC, VOY wasn't AS BAD as I remember it. When it was good, it was outstanding. But when it was bad, oh, God, was it horrid, fetid, rotting stinky cheese. It does have many issues that at the very least need adjusting, but it can be made much, much better.

Horrid, fetid, rotting stinky cheese! That's pretty much how I feel too. Episodes like "Threshold" and "Spirit Folk" were undeniably awful. They shouldn't have made Neelix the way that he was. Funny, there were a lot of people thinking he'd be a breakout character before the series aired. Oh, how they were wrong! Though the Doctor (EMH) was a good breakout character.

I wasn't too crazy about Naomi Wildman's character, she started to become too "Wesley Crusher-esque" in my opinion.

It's interesting when a faux Voyager crew is more interesting than the real one - see "Course: Oblivion," although the premise on that was was loosely based off of another rotten Voyager episode ("Demon").

Benedict   

Year of Hell is pretty much what the show should've been like or at least similar. Everything just fell apart after Caretaker, the Maquis friction, characters and so on. Voyager could've been more.