Sign in to follow this  
mr Pointy Ears

Dr Pulaski

When dr Pulaski was introduced at the start of the second season to replace dr crusher,if the character worked out the way the producers wanted her it to,would Diana Muldaur have been made a regular cast member from the third season?

If U think about it as least the writers wouldnt tease us with the jean-luc\beverly arc,will they or wont they(get together)but there they might had decide to pair the captain and the kate Pulaski together.

To you maybe. However there are a few of us though that detest Crusher, and would have gladly accepted Pulaksi staying on the Enterprise so that we never had to suffer another terrible Crusher episode.

I didn't particularly like the Dr. Pulaski character - she was just so conceited. Plus, she had hardly any chemistry with the rest of the cast, so it would have been very unlikely for her to stay on the show as a regular character.

I'm a staunch Pulaski supporter, love how she boucnes off Data and Picard. She may be McCoy-esque to a certain extent, but I can't say that detracts from watching Muldaur's performance. It's a shame she never came back to guest in future episodes, especially "Ethics", it would have been awesome seeing Bev and Pulaski butting heads!

^^ Now that would have been intersting - two COMPLETELY different styles...

I liked them both....and at times they both rubbed me the wrong way. Beverly need to have a harder edge and pUlaski needed to soften a bit....Just MO

I'm a staunch Pulaski supporter, love how she boucnes off Data and Picard. She may be McCoy-esque to a certain extent, but I can't say that detracts from watching Muldaur's performance. It's a shame she never came back to guest in future episodes, especially "Ethics", it would have been awesome seeing Bev and Pulaski butting heads!

That's one reason I wasn't overly fond of her, she seemed to be trying too hard to be a female version of Bones, right down the her apparent disrespect/disregard (probably not quite the right word for it) for Data, but without the comedy moments that Bones and Spock had.

When dr Pulaski was introduced at the start of the second season to replace dr crusher,if the character worked out the way the producers wanted her it to,would Diana Muldaur have been made a regular cast member from the third season?

If U think about it as least the writers wouldnt tease us with the jean-luc\beverly arc,will they or wont they(get together)but there they might had decide to pair the captain and the kate Pulaski together.

Commander Katherine Pulaski was only a temporary character, someone who did not relate with the series. Thats why Beverly Crusher came back which worked overall in the series!

That's one reason I wasn't overly fond of her, she seemed to be trying too hard to be a female version of Bones, right down the her apparent disrespect/disregard (probably not quite the right word for it) for Data, but without the comedy moments that Bones and Spock had.

The major difference here is that Spock still considered McCoy to be one of his closest friends - I highly doubt that Data felt the same way toward Pulaski :)

The major difference here is that Spock still considered McCoy to be one of his closest friends - I highly doubt that Data felt the same way toward Pulaski :)

Indeed, even if he had had the emotion chip installed at the time, which it wasn't :P

Guest wesley67

I don't like Dr Pulaski. But I do have to say she is an incredibly smart doctor and has saved the Enterprise a few times during season 2. But I would still prefer Dr Crusher.

I really like Pulaski. At first, I'll admit, I wasn't keen on her because of the way she treated Data, but after a few episodes, she really grew on me. I would have loved her to be a regular. Then again, I do like Crusher just as much.

I was'nt a big fan of Pulaski when i was younger. So much so, i remember me and my sis laughing at her when she rapid-aged. But now i'm older, i see the dynamic she had with some the crew. Picard greatly respected her and her-him. The fact she did'nt seem to fit in as well as Crusher was all the better in my opinion. I just look at it like real life, it was someone who transferred and did not fit in too well with the other colleagues, i used to think that's why she buggered off before season 3.

Funny, but I kinda feel the same way as HerbieZ now that I think about it. I hated Pulaski when I watched the shows first run, but now that I'm older I kinda like her crankiness a little more.

Hmm. I skipped the entire "young Trek watcher" era (I became a fan when I was 19 years old)... that might explain why I've always liked Pulaski. *scratches head* Interesting theory. :thumbsup2:

I started watching when I was 21? 1987...Nope - 23. I thought that was young. ;)

I started watching when I was 21? 1987...Nope - 23. I thought that was young. ;)

Hmm. I feel old. :dontgetit: *lol*

I was just about to say i watched it through it's first run but i was actually born in 1987 so it's a slight impossibility. I think i started watching around when i was 3 or 4 because the reruns used to be on between seasons. As i had no concept of how tv seasons worked back then, it was just a constant adventure a day for me. I'm currently watching through TNG season 2 right now and some of these Pulaski episodes i hardly remember. Again, makes sense, i was in nappies.

Dr Pulaski was hot. I loved her.

I gotta agree with you there. I thought that she would've made a superb CMO had she lasted more than one season. :biggrin:

I gotta agree with you there. I thought that she would've made a superb CMO had she lasted more than one season. :biggrin:

Thanks for agreeing. I wish she would have continued right until the end. :thumbsup2:

Sign in to follow this