Sign in to follow this  
mr Pointy Ears

Gene wanted these actors

I'm reading the star trek magazine which is featuring a special the TNG 20 years,and i read the gene wanted Stephen Marcht from the tv show Cagney and Lacey as picard and William(the Rockeeer)as Riker before patrick and Jonathan were cast.

some more interesting facts,they had patrick wear a toupee to so picard wouldbt be bald on the show and in his words it looked ridiculous.

Yeah, Stephen Macht later reappeared as a Bajoran on DS9. IIRC Stewart nicknamed his toupee (George I think, though I could be wrong). Perhaps Mrs. Picard would know? :biggrin:

I'm reading the star trek magazine which is featuring a special the TNG 20 years,and i read the gene wanted Stephen Marcht from the tv show Cagney and Lacey as picard and William(the Rockeeer)as Riker before patrick and Jonathan were cast.

Huh? I don't understand "the Rockeeer" part.

:confused:

mr. point ears is referring to Billy Campbell, who played the Rocketeer in the the Disney Movie of the same name. You might know the actor better as "The Outrageous Okona" episode in Season 2 of TNG. Campbell was also on the tv show, "Now and Again" and is currently on "The 4400".

^ That's right. Lol - I remember when John Colicos was on there back in...what, 1980, '81? as Mikkos Cassadine. I was like "hey that's the guy who plays Kor and Baltar!" Ah, the good old days...

:BirdOfPray:

Sign in to follow this