Sign in to follow this  
DATA2007

Who is your favorite Character?

Favorite Overall Trek Series/Movie  

205 members have voted

1. 1. What is your overall favorite Star Trek series?

• Star Trek: Enterprise
    • Star Trek: The Original Series
    • Star Trek: The Animated Series
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation
    • Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
    • Star Trek: Voyager
  2. 2. What is your overall favorite Star Trek movie?

• Star Trek - I: The Motion Picture
    • Star Trek - II: The Wrath of Khan
    • Star Trek - III: The Search for Spock
    • Star Trek - IV: The Voyage Home
    • Star Trek - V: The Final Frontier
    • Star Trek - VI: The Undiscovered Country
    • Star Trek - VII: Generations
    • Star Trek - VIII: First Contact
    • Star Trek - IX: Insurrection
    • Star Trek - X: Nemesis

Dillkid   

It's hard to rank (generically admittedly) Kirk, Spock and McCoy in order for me - though Kirk almost always comes first. So he gets the win.

Tone720   

(semi) Serious question here, and as such I expect at least some semi-serious answers ;) :

If Captain Kirk was supposed to be so goddamn awesome, how come Spock pretty much always had to step in and save him? (to the point where when Spock wasn't there, he ended up being sucked out into the space and thought dead, then later actually died while helping Picard stop Tolian Soran) ;)

Sadly I'm at the risk of thinking slightly less of Spock for saving Kirk's overrated a** constantly... :P:happy:

Edited by DaxFanDS9

Because Kirk couldn't hear the sound of death over how awesome he was. :P

Seriously, though, you do have a point. It's mostly because Kirk just rushed into whatever situation there was without giving it much thought in advance. Spock, however, did, and was therefore able to help him out because he kinda predicted that messy things would happen and he knew he'd better be prepared to save his captain, lol.

I choose Spock. Honorable mentioned: Kirk, Pike, #1, and Redshirt Leslie (He kept surviving landing parties so how ...) :lol:

LOL he even managed to come back from the dead. (Leslie I mean.) If I remember correctly he died in an episode and then ran around on the ship again in the next one as if nothing ever happened.

I choose Spock. Honorable mentioned: Kirk, Pike, #1, and Redshirt Leslie (He kept surviving landing parties so how ...) :lol:

LOL he even managed to come back from the dead. (Leslie I mean.) If I remember correctly he died in an episode and then ran around on the ship again in the next one as if nothing ever happened.

That's one redshirt that was hard to kill ... laughing025.gif

Or he turned into a zombie redshirt and that's why they never tried to kill him again - he was already dead, lol.

Spock IS Star Trek to me; as much as the Enterprise.

That's why he has appeared in almost every incarnation of the show; from the 1964 pilot "The Cage" to the 2009 movie.

He is the future (literally) personified. A future where humanity not only reaches out to the stars and finds other life, but also finds love and creates all new life in the form of a half-Vulcan/half-human Spock. He is the living personification of IDIC (the philosophy of 'infinite diversity in infinite combinations'). He reminds me of that line from the movie "Contact" where the alien tells Jodie Foster's Ellie Arroway, "The only thing in all the universe that makes it all bearable is each other."

Not to mention his loner/outsider status; a product of two worlds (not one) he has more trouble fitting in than most of the crew. Well, what ST fan doesn't relate to being the outsider? We all love and worship a 45 year old television show and are thought of as 'nerds' or 'geeks.' So how can we NOT relate to Spock? He is us; the eternal outsider, struggling to suppress his feelings, please his peers, and find his place in an often indifferent universe.

Spock is US. :vulcan:

Edited by Sehlat Vie