Sign in to follow this  
Voyager

Rate Season 3

Favorite Overall Trek Series/Movie  

205 members have voted

1. 1. What is your overall favorite Star Trek series?

• Star Trek: Enterprise
    • Star Trek: The Original Series
    • Star Trek: The Animated Series
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation
    • Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
    • Star Trek: Voyager
  2. 2. What is your overall favorite Star Trek movie?

• Star Trek - I: The Motion Picture
    • Star Trek - II: The Wrath of Khan
    • Star Trek - III: The Search for Spock
    • Star Trek - IV: The Voyage Home
    • Star Trek - V: The Final Frontier
    • Star Trek - VI: The Undiscovered Country
    • Star Trek - VII: Generations
    • Star Trek - VIII: First Contact
    • Star Trek - IX: Insurrection
    • Star Trek - X: Nemesis

Voyager   

I think season 3 is the best of outof all of them. It has my two favourite episodes, the 'Enterprise Incident' and 'The Paradise Syndrome', so I'll give it an 8.

Season 3 is my least favorite TOS season (which doesn't really mean anything since I LOVE TOS ANYWAY *lol*)... it has some great episodes (like "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield") but it also has kinda err... weird episodes like "Turnabout Intruder", "Spock's Brain" and "And The Children Shall Lead"... it's not that I find them to be bad... they're just rather strange. :dontgetit: *lol*

I give season 3 a 7. ^^

Hiyasu   

Hmmm..

Well 3 is my least favorite season as well.

Versus the normal quality of TOS seen in S1 and 2, it only gets a 5 in my book.

Although there were some great episodes like The Enterprise Incident, they were few and far between and hardly made up for episodes like The Way to Eden.

I agree with Mrs.Picard XD

Goei   

I give it a 10. Some real great moments are to be found here. I loved "Spectre of the gun" and "Wink of an eye". :disco:

Season 3 is probably my least favorite (which doesn't really say much, seeing as how much I love all of TOS anyway :laugh: ) It does have some pretty subpar episodes, like "Spock's Brain" (corny, but I wouldn't call it awful), "The Way to Eden" (okay...I see what they were trying to do there, but not every effort pays off in the end), "Turnabout Intruder" (interesting premise...if you can ignore some incredibly sexist remarks that Kirk makes). At any rate, I still give this season an 8. I'd rather watch the worst episodes of Star Trek back to back than watch about 90% of what they have on TV today.

I gave it grade 8 only.

In comparison with the previous seasons this one is lacking many good episodes. Where are the good ideas they had before? One non-sense episode is "Spock's Brain", for example. (At least for me.)

I gave it grade 8 only.

In comparison with the previous seasons this one is lacking many good episodes. Where are the good ideas they had before? One non-sense episode is "Spock's Brain", for example. (At least for me.)

Agreed. "Spock's Brain" is kinda weird. Although I tend to find it simply amusing nowadays. :laugh:

I'd give it a 6.

Yes, seasons 1 and 2 are far stronger, I agree; but season 3 is not a total wash either.

S3 has "Spock's Brain", "And the Children Shall Lead", "Plato's Stepchildren" (an embarrassing excuse for telekinetic S&M) and a few other stinkers, but it also has a few that can (IMO) take the Pepsi challenge with even the BEST of seasons 1 & 2. There are gems such as "Day Of the Dove" (the best Klingon episode of TOS, IMO), "All Our Yesterdays" (sort of Spock's own "City on the Edge Of Forever"), "Enterprise Incident" (a great Romulan episode), "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield" (a strong, brave-for-its-day statement of the times), "The Empath" (I don't know why this one gets so much flak; I think it's a dark, disturbing examination of the classic Kirk/Spock/McCoy troika done in surreal, almost nightmarish staging) and a few others. Yes, in overall quality it doesn't stack up to the sterling previous seasons, but it offers a few diamonds in the rough as well.

Edited by Sehlat Vie

Zef'No   

I think Season Three gets a lot of unfair criticism. Personally, I find it much better than Season One and roughly equal with Season Two. It was the first season I bought on DVD.

When you also remember the budget was drastically cut for Season Three, it makes it even more of an achievement that they managed to do as well as they did!

Highlights include:

Day of the Dove

The Tholian Web

The Enterprise Incident

The Savage Curtain

Elaan of Troyius

Spectre of the Gun

Many others are are certainly average or above.

There are admittedly some bad ones, but this is true of both the previous seasons (and almost all TV shows for that matter).

ST, like everything made by humans, is imperfect.

I can't think of a single season of ST (in any incarnation) that is 100% perfect.

Just glad we don't have Nomad whizzing by.... :nomad::S

"Non-sequitur: Your facts are uncoordinated. I am Nomad"

:angel_not:

"You are flawed... and imperfect! Exercise your prime function!!" :P

(That worked on the last PC I blew up...)

"Error! Errrooooorrrrrrrr!!!!"

:giggle:

Threatening to pour scalding hot tea over the motherboard usually frightens mine into compliance. ;)

"Error! Errrooooorrrrrrrr!!!!"

:giggle:

Threatening to pour scalding hot tea over the motherboard usually frightens mine into compliance. ;)

"Tea, Earl Grey, hot" (sorry, Starblind; but I simply could NOT resist). :P

Hammer   

This was definitely the weakest of the three seasons. There were a few good episodes, but overall some epic fail episodes too. (the one with the space hippies UGH!, Spock's brain, the one with the kids fist pumping) The finale was kind of weak too, there was no real series finale wrap-up, just that strange woman taking over Kirk's body and melting down. I can imagine that the fans back at the time must have been thinking 'WTH?! I got involved in a letter writing campaign to save the show, and they give us this?!'

Yeah, the episodes weren't all that good. But I am one of the few that found the Space Hippie episode hilarious.

Space hippies were awesome! :punk:

"Gonna crack my knuckles and jump for joy,

I got a clean bill of health from Doctor McCoy!" :laugh: