dblozebn

Why do people hate Enterprise?

265 posts in this topic

Agreed, never dead as long as there are opinions. I have seen topics nearly half a year old brought back up sometimes. Doesnt bug me in the least bit.

Not so much "The Naked Now" (TNG), but "Children of Time" (DS9) has a very similar plot to "E2" (ENT).

Same could be said for "One" (VGR) and "Doctor's Orders" (ENT) as well.

People turned off because they felt they'd seen the same stories before, that the show was rehashing old ideas.

Actually its the other way around being Enterprise came up with storylines that made no sense, stories that went against the other ST series, went against canon. They tried to come up with something new, which turned out to be a rotten egg and thats when people turned away. :rolleyes:

Actually its the other way around being Enterprise came up with storylines that made no sense, stories that went against the other ST series, went against canon. They tried to come up with something new, which turned out to be a rotten egg and thats when people turned away. :rolleyes:

That was Season Three, after so many complained it was a rehash.

By the way, despite the fact that some stories are similar, I'm in no way bashing the show here. I loved them all.

I didn't hate the show. I couldn't FIND the show. They kep t switching nights, times *Grrrr* I gave up looking. I hate working to watch TV. The network was idiotic - reflecting their "great" success. Fools.

That was Season Three, after so many complained it was a rehash.

By the way, despite the fact that some stories are similar, I'm in no way bashing the show here. I loved them all.

No people complained that they did not like the spending a whole season on the Xindi or the temporal cold war of which had nothing to do with a rehash of prior ST series.

Season 4 tried to go back to the basics going back to old storylines, by this times Enterprise was dead being what ever fan base they had were gone.

No people complained that they did not like the spending a whole season on the Xindi or the temporal cold war of which had nothing to do with a rehash of prior ST series.

Season 4 tried to go back to the basics going back to old storylines, by this times Enterprise was dead being what ever fan base they had were gone.

Oh.

Something I read was wrong, then.

Cheers for that!

Oh.

Something I read was wrong, then.

Cheers for that!

No big deal. :thumbsup2:

But there always something about Enterprise to complain about, no matter what season it was. :biggrin:

No big deal. :thumbsup2:

But there always something about Enterprise to complain about, no matter what season it was. :biggrin:

Boo! Hiss! Get out! *throws rotten fruit*

Sorry... after you helped me, I felt bad about that... :biggrin:

I don't mean to be rude but I thought this topic was dead? But I really don't mind Enterprise but it reused ideas from previous series but look at TNG and The Naked Now and then look at the (DS9)Children of Time and (Ent) E2 now I see a correlation my friend.

Ok as I was saying, look at Tthe Naked Time and then The Naked Now, Don't preach the "they meant to do that'

then look at Past Tense and The City on the Edge of Forever.

Ok as I was saying, look at Tthe Naked Time and then The Naked Now, Don't preach the "they meant to do that'

then look at Past Tense and The City on the Edge of Forever.

Yeah ok... :dontgetit:

Sorry, Starbase-101, it takes me so long to scroll through your signature, that I lost track of what point you were trying to make :crazy:

Sorry, Starbase-101, it takes me so long to scroll through your signature, that I lost track of what point you were trying to make :crazy:

LoL... :giggle::laugh:

Where I come from that is seen as very close to flaming someone, but I like long sigs

The only common theme that City on the Edge of Forever and Past Tense have in common is that they're both time travel episodes. Aside from that, there are few if any other similarities.

Well there are two episodes of different series when the leader of a group has to impersonate a famous person in time to say the timeline.

Kirk, nor, Bones, nor Spock had to impersonate anyone 'famous' in order for the timeline to proceed normally. It might could be argued that Edith Keeler became somewhat famous in the alternate timeline where the Nazi's came to power, but all Kirk had to do to let the timeline be restored was to let here be killed.

Where I come from that is seen as very close to flaming someone, but I like long sigs

I think they were just kidding and playing around... nobody here on the Omega Sector, and I mean nobody, ever means to flame or say anything nasty about anybody else. It's not that kind of forum!

Chin up! :thumbsup2:

Starbase, he was kidding around. Calm down, you always seem a tad bit upset. No one here flames anyone. All just one big, happy family here as far as most of us are concerned. :inlove:

Well there are two episodes of different series when the leader of a group has to impersonate a famous person in time to say the timeline.

Also there are episodes that have starships that are named Enterprise in them! Oh yeah there this guy thats named a Captain in certain episodes in both series to. :giggle:

Also there are episodes that have starships that are named Enterprise in them! Oh yeah there this guy thats named a Captain in certain episodes in both series to. :giggle:

Come on now... be nice...! You know he didn't mean it like that, play fair! :thumbsup2:

I do confess to a small :laugh: at your post, mind.

I would have to say that what I like most about Enterprise is watching the origins of all the technology that we have experienced and taken for granted since Star Trek:TOS...ie.

warp drive, phase cannons (phasers), the transporter and most defintely, the first Warp 5+ Enterprise...seeing how we started out exsisting with the Vulcans, Andorians, Klingons, etc. is what makes the show good...you can see the good job "Bermaga" (Berman and Braga) did to keep things close to canon...I found myself saying "ah", so thats how "that" got going...probably the best thing about Enterprise is that it appears to be a logical step in our space exploration...there is a chef, "movie night," the captain takes his dog Porthos along and the Vulcans are still pulling our strings...things that don't go on in the time of Picard, Sisko and Janeway...its kind of refreshing to see how we evolved without a Prime Directive and with "rough" edges...

The board policy here limits the size of the sig to 4 banners, in case you weren't aware of it. Trying to read this thread on a laptop screen, I think I was getting carpal tunnel in my hand just trying to scroll through it...

I didn't hate the show. I couldn't FIND the show. They kep t switching nights, times *Grrrr* I gave up looking. I hate working to watch TV. The network was idiotic - reflecting their "great" success. Fools.

I actually agree - for 4 years that Enterprise was on the air, by the time I figured out what night of the week it was showing so I could record it, they had already changed the time slot. I stopped trying to watch it back then, I figured, I'd just get the DVDs when they came out :) I didn't think it would get canceled after 4 seasons, though.

I had a similar problem in that I was unable to watch the last two seasons because of my cable company. I've since seen most of the episodes because of Sci-fi, thank God.

Enterprise had its good and bad points. the one thing that annoyed me no end was the damn theme song. it was just WRONG.

the other real problems listed here that i agree with were mainly caused by one person--Braga. his bad decisions did a lot of damage to the final season of Voyager (hell to Voyager overall!) and didn't give Enterprise a proper chance. i know at least a dozen fans that refused to watch Enterprise because of Braga's involvement.

one of the reasons DS9 was so great was because Ira Behr was smart enough to keep Braga OUT of it!

I think part of the reason people hate Enterprise, is because it is set in an earlier time, but its production was the latest star trek series. Because Enterprise is even before TOS, and it doesn't make sense why the producers would want to go back to the beginning.

What I can say, is part of the reason I'm not into it, is because they don't have transporters and food replicators. But yes, I know, that technology hasn't been invented yet. I remember my mother saying that its nothing like star trek.

I think it also has something to do with the uniforms as well. They don't have com-badges. It would of been better if the story from Enterprise was used in TOS, that way it would be more enjoyable. That's my opinion, anyway.