Sign in to follow this  
JayTheTrekkie

Rate this TNG character: Counselor/Commander Deanna Troi

Favorite Overall Trek Series/Movie  

202 members have voted

1. 1. What is your overall favorite Star Trek series?

• Star Trek: Enterprise
    • Star Trek: The Original Series
    • Star Trek: The Animated Series
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation
    • Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
    • Star Trek: Voyager
  2. 2. What is your overall favorite Star Trek movie?

• Star Trek - I: The Motion Picture
    • Star Trek - II: The Wrath of Khan
    • Star Trek - III: The Search for Spock
    • Star Trek - IV: The Voyage Home
    • Star Trek - V: The Final Frontier
    • Star Trek - VI: The Undiscovered Country
    • Star Trek - VII: Generations
    • Star Trek - VIII: First Contact
    • Star Trek - IX: Insurrection
    • Star Trek - X: Nemesis

I liked her in season one in terms of looks best. She looked more mysterious and her eyes were large and dark. Although, in the second through fourth season, her body was shown off much more, which is always appreciated. She also kept a very youthful glow during First Contact.

Oh right, she actually had a job. I nearly forgot. As a counselor, she seemed very sympathetic and knew what she was doing. Being able to tell if people were lying or being treacherous was also very handy.

8. She was a little annoying during the first season... stating the obvious and stuff, that's why I didn't give her a 10. But still, I find her to be a very interesting character, she's always nice and yet she knows how to kick people's butts ("Face Of The Enemy", anyone? My favorite Troi episode)...

Oh and, of course, she's very, very attractive... especially in "First Contact". I think she's more than just sexy. ;)

Heh, she can be a NASTY little bitch sometimes! I loved how she and Barclay conspired to get Voyager's Doctor and his creator Doctor Zimmerman talking with each other by making it look like the Doc was decompiling in VOY's 6th season episode "Life Line". XD

I should have given her a 10...d'oh lol She did get hotter by season 7 and especially in the 4 TNG movies.

Now Orso, don't be cheating on Jadzia lol

Oh, don't worry about that. Like you, I would have given Jadzia 100 points if the rating system had allowed that, but Troi only ever got 11 from me, so no worries there. ;)

Voyager   

From the series itself, I would have givenher 7, but from seeing her in the movies and in Voyager, I actually like her character better, so I upped it up to an 8.

Goei   

I give her a 10. She was graceful,charming, witty, and she made excellent use of her empathic abilities.

Terilynn   

I gave her a nine - one point off for anything she was in during the first season - when I wanted her to die.

when I wanted her to die.

You should be very happy that we're friends. :furious: Otherwise....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

maneth   

She's improved a lot by mid-season 2. But then, so have most other characters as well.

I never liked her costume in season 1, a bit of cleavage is okay, but not when you can see half of someone's breasts. Still, as a hetero female it's refreshing to know that curvy women still get roles in sci-fi. She has a fantastic figure, I'm jealous!

Terilynn   

HR! I only have Deanna Troi to blame for the reignition of my love of Trek about a year ago! SHE's the reason I'm here! I had a looooong conversation about her with a female attorney that I work with while we were enduring a lot of "down time" at court...We both agreed that Deanna's character literally drove us nuts until about the middle of season three - but was redeemed in Disaster but we fell in love with her in Face of the Enemy. We JOKED that we should have written a book together called "Deanna Troi must die..." but that it wouldn't be right considering how much we adored her character in the later seasons....so I was dared to write a story where Deanna really kicks ass.

So I did.

I wrote a story where Deanna decapitates Gul Madred. Yeah.... *shrugs* Go fig. With a bat'leth no less.

And at the time I had never heard of the term "fanfic." It's because of her character that I now have this incredible hobby. So don't worry. I love her. Except in season one. When I wanted her to die. ;) xxoo

maneth   

I like her, although she's been really under-utilized so far. Oh well, all Trek women since Uhura suffer from the same problem, with the possible exceptions of Janeway and 7 of 9...

Of course, she's lucky to marry Riker, but I really have to admire him for putting up with the MIL from Hades! Sorry, Betazed.

Awww, she's a lucky lady, she has Riker, she has the same love for chocolate that I do (only difference is there IS chocolate out there I don't like, but otherwise I have a very sweet tooth!) .. she's pretty, :sighs:

Oh yeah, and I gavce her a 9 .. :thumbsup2:

I can't go much lower than a 2, because I've met Marina Sirtis and she's a sweet lady.... but I really hated her character. She was utterly useless (Guinan did her job far better than she ever could), always stated the obvious (at least they toned that down in later seasons), didn't even wear a proper uniform until almost the END of the freaking show, and she was just generally annoying. Her new-age platitudes and PC-isms date the show worse than the miniskirts and go-go boots of TOS. McCoy used to do the equivalent of her job on TOS and without all the "I feel your pain" histrionics. I would've preferred the idea of a ship's counselor be a recurring role; as in, when someone actually NEEDED counseling (and played by someone who actually ACTS like a real therapist... like Whoopi Goldberg).

Again, Sirtis is a sweetheart, but the character is awful. A two from me, I'm afraid....

Edited by Sehlat Vie

Isn't it just painful when you really LOVE an actress but can't stand her character? (I have the same issue with Jeri Ryan - she's replied to me on Twitter twice and she's just so sweet and married to a Frenchman as well, haha, but her character just REALLY isn't my kind of thing.) I love Marina Sirtis as well but they really could have done better with Troi. On the other hand, she at least was given a small improvment towards the end of the show when she got the uniform.

Hammer   

Sirtis has a great attitude towards the fans. She said (I'm paraphrasing) 'everything I have, even my American husband, I owe to the fans.'

I thought the writing for her character improved after season 2. Having her wear dresses on the bridge was a little too 'casual Friday' for me. I think her character evolved from her overly sensitive to emotions that we saw in Farpoint, to a much more reserved character. She was good at diffusing tense situations too. With Yar gone, the bridge would have been a bit too much of a boy's club without her.

Sign in to follow this