Sam

What was the last Star Trek episode you watched?

10,537 posts in this topic

The Time Trap . . . a good one.

ME

Just watched "A Private Little War".

Probably would have enjoyed it a lot more with less emphasis on Nona, but everything else was solid.

I watched TNG's "The Dauphin" earlier. Love Jean-Luc's part time job in security that he seems to have in that episode. :P

Recently rewatched TNG "Peak Performance". Not sure why, but somehow, I love this episode. Maybe it's the "Data cuteness" ... and Riker is at his best. :)

"Hurry....................you dont have much time......."

Last Friday I watched my favorite STAR TREK THE ORIGINAL SERIES episode, the second pilot shot in July 1965, WHERE NO MAN HAS GONE BEFORE, introducing William Shatner as Captain James Kirk. And to finish the weekend, SPACE SEED featuring a powerful performance by the late Ricardo Montalban........classic stuff.

Gus

I watched TNG's "The Icarus Factor" and "Pen Pals" earlier today.

TNG's "The Big Goodbye." 

WHERE NO MAN HAS GONE BEFORE - Kirk first mission is stil the best mission, Bill Shatner at his best !

Just finished watching TNG's "Q Who".

15 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

Just finished watching TNG's "Q Who".

It just occurred to me (duh!) that I now OWN that episode in HD... and I haven't watched it yet.   :ohmy:

qC5abwZ54KV6U.gif

Just now, Sehlat Vie said:

It just occurred to me (duh!) that I now OWN that episode in HD... and I haven't watched it yet.   :ohmy:

qC5abwZ54KV6U.gif

You HAVEN'T watched "You wanted me to say 'I Need You'... I - NEED - YOU!" and "To learn about you is frankly provocative" in HD yet? You HAVEN'T seen Q almost kissing Jean-Luc's ear in HD yet? You HAVEN'T seen sassy gay Q lying around on the bridge while staring at Jean-Luc's butt in HD yet?

*gasp*

10 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

You HAVEN'T watched "You wanted me to say 'I Need You'... I - NEED - YOU!" and "To learn about you is frankly provocative" in HD yet? You HAVEN'T seen Q almost kissing Jean-Luc's ear in HD yet? You HAVEN'T seen sassy gay Q lying around on the bridge while staring at Jean-Luc's butt in HD yet?

*gasp*

QzKtmrdMw6Tra.gif

Pathetic of me....:P

QzKtmrdMw6Tra.gif

Pathetic of me....:P

I hope you'll be able to enjoy THE Picard/Q episode in HD soon. ;) 

Just now, Mr.Picard said:

I hope you'll be able to enjoy THE Picard/Q episode in HD soon. ;) 

I saw it in ( * under my breath *) standard def a while back; it was amazing then.  I can't wait to see it now.

1 minute ago, Sehlat Vie said:

I saw it in ( * under my breath *) standard def a while back; it was amazing then.  I can't wait to see it now.

Picard/Q is always enjoyable, even on VHS or something. My mother was here today and she got annoyed with all the breadcrumbs ("you are a MESS, when was the last time you vacuumed?" "Last week or something...?" "OH FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE where's your vacuum cleaner?") and she vacuumed and scolded me while I was watching the episode so I barely heard anything and somehow that made the whole Picard/Q thing even more intense. :laugh:

4 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

Picard/Q is always enjoyable, even on VHS or something. My mother was here today and she got annoyed with all the breadcrumbs ("you are a MESS, when was the last time you vacuumed?" "Last week or something...?" "OH FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE where's your vacuum cleaner?") and she vacuumed and scolded me while I was watching the episode so I barely heard anything and somehow that made the whole Picard/Q thing even more intense. :laugh:

:laugh:

That's a great anecdote.  I almost feel like I was there in the room with you two... :giggle:

That's a great anecdote.  I almost feel like I was there in the room with you two... :giggle:

Don't wish too much for it though... my mother is a LOT like Lwaxana Troi, especially when she starts scolding someone. She'd probably have found some use for you - "clean up this" "take out that"... etc. :laugh: (I was only protected by the fact that I was having lunch, if I hadn't had lunch, there would have been NO way she'd have let me watch the episode, haha.)

2 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Yeah, absolute win! :laugh::thumbup:

I assume she had no clue what was going on between you and Jean-Luc in that moment at all?

20 minutes ago, Sim said:

Yeah, absolute win! :laugh::thumbup:

I assume she had no clue what was going on between you and Jean-Luc in that moment at all?

It's visible all over my face how I feel whenever I watch TNG, but she didn't notice since was too busy with both vacuuming and scolding me while doing so. But she did stop vacuuming at some point and asked "are you even listening to m- oh forget it you're watching that show again, IT'S HOPELESS!" (An accurate assessment.)

22 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

It's visible all over my face how I feel whenever I watch TNG, but she didn't notice since was too busy with both vacuuming and scolding me while doing so. But she did stop vacuuming at some point and asked "are you even listening to m- oh forget it you're watching that show again, IT'S HOPELESS!" (An accurate assessment.)

:laugh: Perfect!

Well, this morning I had an hour and 20 minute window for exercise so I dragged the Exercycle to the living room and popped in some TNG blu-ray (* inspired by none other than Mr. Picard himself * ):

Saw "Pen Pals" (a VERY underrated episode; in fact this episode is pretty much what Star Trek is all about; it's the "Devil in the Dark" of TNG.

Saw "Q Who"....in blu-ray resolution.   Still fanboying over it!  

Watched part of "Samaritan Snare" and thanks to Mr. Picard's influence, the only thing I could think of was what Mr. Picard would want to do with Jean-Luc in a shuttlecraft for six hours....:giggle: 

Oh, the corruption...:laugh:

And to those who think S2 isn't a 'strong' season?  I'd really advise them to give it another try; it's the perfect boundary between the 'anything goes' quality of S1 and the well oiled machine of S3 and beyond.   In this case, the 'anything goes' quality makes it slightly less predictable than later seasons, and as a result I think there is a lack of conformity that is somewhat missing in later seasons.

And I STILL miss Dr. Pulaski.  Her final scene with Picard in "Samaritan Snare" is pure gold.

I was going to watch "Up the Long Ladder" but only got as far as the tea ceremony before I was soaked in sweat and sore as hell.   The old beat up body has limits, and I really pushed them today...:cry:

4 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Well, this morning I had an hour and 20 minute window for exercise so I dragged the Exercycle to the living room and popped in some TNG blu-ray (* inspired by none other than Mr. Picard himself * ):

Saw "Pen Pals" (a VERY underrated episode; in fact this episode is pretty much what Star Trek is all about; it's the "Devil in the Dark" of TNG.

Saw "Q Who"....in blu-ray resolution.   Still fanboying over it!  

Watched part of "Samaritan Snare" and thanks to Mr. Picard's influence, the only thing I could think of was what Mr. Picard would want to do with Jean-Luc in a shuttlecraft for six hours....:giggle: 

Oh, the corruption...:laugh:

And to those who think S2 isn't a 'strong' season?  I'd really advise them to give it another try; it's the perfect boundary between the 'anything goes' quality of S1 and the well oiled machine of S3 and beyond.   In this case, the 'anything goes' quality makes it slightly less predictable than later seasons, and as a result I think there is a lack of conformity that is somewhat missing in later seasons.

And I STILL miss Dr. Pulaski.  Her final scene with Picard in "Samaritan Snare" is pure gold.

I was going to watch "Up the Long Ladder" but only got as far as the tea ceremony before I was soaked in sweat and sore as hell.   The old beat up body has limits, and I really pushed them today...:cry:

I'm beginning to understand why I used to be called "a bad/corrupting influence" when I was younger. :P 

Also, don't tempt me into writing a story about what Jean-Luc and I would be a doing in a shuttlecraft for six hours. :angel_not: 

I watched TNG's "Shades of Gray" last night. This time WITHOUT any vacuum cleaner interruptions, haha. Still don't think the episode is as bad as people say. It may not be "Inner Light" but it does have its moments. 

22 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

I'm beginning to understand why I used to be called "a bad/corrupting influence" when I was younger. :P 

Also, don't tempt me into writing a story about what Jean-Luc and I would be a doing in a shuttlecraft for six hours. :angel_not: 

I watched TNG's "Shades of Gray" last night. This time WITHOUT any vacuum cleaner interruptions, haha. Still don't think the episode is as bad as people say. It may not be "Inner Light" but it does have its moments. 

I'll be honest; I haven't watched SOG since its initial broadcast back in 1988.  Truth.  :P

15 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

I'll be honest; I haven't watched SOG since its initial broadcast back in 1988.  Truth.  :P

There are worse episodes, really. ;) 

You will probably also pleased to know that, thanks to you, I wrote a little story about a shuttlecraft trip today. It involves strawberries and whipped cream and it's all YOUR fault. :P 

I watched TNG's "The Emissary" today and am now watching TNG's "Peak Performance". 

13 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

There are worse episodes, really. ;) 

You will probably also pleased to know that, thanks to you, I wrote a little story about a shuttlecraft trip today. It involves strawberries and whipped cream and it's all YOUR fault. :P 

Ha!  I love it.  I'm finally able to say that I'm corrupting you for a change...:giggle:

My life's work is done. :thumbup: