KMonline

What Star Trek book are you currently reading?

1,426 posts in this topic

Ah, yes the black cover. I forgot about that one. I bought it for my aunt in 1991. My red cover and white one both have that same picture of Kirk and Spock on it. The only difference in editions was the cover colors (and of course, how far they go movie-wise).

Don't let the books' second hand-ness bug you. My white one is also second hand, it was the only way I could find it. It was printed in 1993 if that helps. It also says "first printing 1989", which makes no sense at all since my first version (the red one) was printed in 1985.

You might look for it on Amazon, or if money is a concern, eBay.

Thats where I bought it. I bought it second hand, though I am alittle weary of buying books from sellers that sell them second hand. I really dislike giving my details when it comes to using my credit card.

I finished "Serpents Among The Ruins" earlier tonight and moved onto SG-1 "A Matter of Honor"

<---First book of the Vanguard series. Not big on reading Trek books, but it's pretty good.

:WarBird:

Finished SG-1: A Matter of Honor

Now I'm reading the 2nd ST: Vangard book "Summon The Thunder"

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (#16 Time's Enemy) the 3rd installment of the Invasion! saga.

The 4 books are great, Star Trek (#79 First Strike); Star Trek: The Next Generation (#41 The Soldiers Of Fear) & Star Trek: Voyager (#9 The Final Fury)

Also just about to took into Star Trek: TNG - Vendetta by Peter David, or I might read Da Vinci code which has been calling my name since i baught it when the film first come out :o

or I might read Da Vinci code which has been calling my name since i baught it when the film first come out :o

It's an entertaining book, I originally read that a few months prior to the movie.

I started reading Ex Machina, but stopped. I just couldn't get through it. Not becasue of the story, that seemed to be going fine. I kept getting distracted by the authors writing style. It didn't feel like it flowed very well, I thought there were passages that contradicted other passages, and every time he used a (insert something here to distract me from the story, when the author should have found a way to include it with the rest of the narrative or have left it out) I would get irritated and put the book down. In my opinion, anything that causes the reader to put the book down is most often bad, unless they're putting down becasue they've finished it.

Currently i'm reading Errand of fury:Seeds of rage book 1.

I just got 'Dark Mirror' in the mail today from eBay for a couple dollars new. It seems pretty good so far.

Working my way through the entire Rihannsu series.

Right now I'm on Swordhunt.

I've been reading a lot of books recently and thus haven't made much progress.

Diane Duane's writing style is so riveting; it's really difficult to put one of her works down.

I just finished reading Peter David's "Strike Zone"... it's one of my favorite TNG novels.

The next one for me to read will be "Power Hungry".

VOY: (2) "The Escape" by Dean Wesley Smith & Kristine Kathryn Rusch

I'll start reading Howard Weinstein's "Power Hungry" (TNG novel) tonight... or tomorrow, I don't know yet. ^^

Diane Duane's Swordhunt, currently. I've been reading the Rihannsu anthology on and off for almost three months now.

I just got The Buried Age by Christopher L. Bennett. It's really good so far. ^^

I'm anxious for Resistance to come out. I've been waiting for that since I got Death in Winter in what, 2005?

To those who have read/are reading it... what's the Rihannsu series like? I've heard a lot of positive comments about it so far. No plot details please - I'm planning on reading it at some stage, I'd just like to know what the hype is all about surrounding this series.

To those who have read/are reading it... what's the Rihannsu series like? I've heard a lot of positive comments about it so far. No plot details please - I'm planning on reading it at some stage, I'd just like to know what the hype is all about surrounding this series.

The Rihannsu series is about the real Romulan people. That they are not just the 'evil' people that the series portrays them as, but a rich cultural people with their own sense of honor(A much more...honorable one, actually, than the Klingon one). It's Diane Duane's masterpiece, easily. Personally, I could have seen the first book, My Enemy, My Ally being the two part episode that would have been TOS's equivalent of "Best of Both Worlds", just in literary excellence.

i just started DS9: Tales of the dominion war. :biggrin:

The Rihannsu series is about the real Romulan people. That they are not just the 'evil' people that the series portrays them as, but a rich cultural people with their own sense of honor(A much more...honorable one, actually, than the Klingon one). It's Diane Duane's masterpiece, easily. Personally, I could have seen the first book, My Enemy, My Ally being the two part episode that would have been TOS's equivalent of "Best of Both Worlds", just in literary excellence.

Thanks, J.A.H. I think I'm going to give those a whirl. :thumbsup2:

I've started reading the James Blish Adaptions. The series one adaptions have all been compiled into one book; I've just finished reading 'Te Ballance of Terror'

Reading Voyager "The Homecoming" by Christie Golden at the moment