KMonline

What Star Trek book are you currently reading?

1,422 posts in this topic

Crucible: Spock

...and I as well. I'll be working on the Voy relaunch myself after this and the Kirk one -- if it's half as good as the DS9 relaunch I'll be psyched. :clap:

flamingjester4fj.gif

I finished Ex Machina, good book, captured post TMP well without being as drole or dull! LOL

Onto Mirror Universe anthology two. ;)

I finally managed to start reading this new Mirror Universe novel... (The first one, I'm not much interested in the second one.)

Now I'm reading Star Trek The Brave and the Bold: Book Two by Keith R.A. DeCandido.

I almost caved in and got the Mirror Univirse Dueology but I got the vanguard series instead so far so good.

Now I'm on Star Trek Badlands: Book Two by Susan Wright.

I just got done reading the Voyager section of Dark Mirrior series. :) Probably wont read anymore until my trip to Colorado in may :D

Star Trek: Voyager - No Man's Land (Gateways 5/7) by Christie Golden

TNG - Double Helix (4/6): Quarantine by John Vornholt

Vulcan's Soul Trillogy - Epiphany

None at the moment...I'm just waiting for the new Titan book this summer :D

I think you might be mistaken. If I remember right there is no new Titan book until 2008. With only one new title a month released now there is not much room in the scedules anymore.

As for me I'm reading The Good That Men Do - the latest ENT novel. Fair read so far.

Kevin

I think you might be mistaken. If I remember right there is no new Titan book until 2008. With only one new title a month released now there is not much room in the scedules anymore.

As for me I'm reading The Good That Men Do - the latest ENT novel. Fair read so far.

Kevin

Goes a long way toward fixing that stupid TATV episode doesn't it? I read it 2 months back and thought "If only the series had writing this good...."

As for my reading, I just wrapped up the two Mirror Universe books, and am now almost finished with Captain's Glory, the latest Shatnerverse novel.

When I know I'm going to be in the car for a while, I've been reading Science Logs. Not really from start to finish or anything, just kind of browsing through it.

I'm re-reading the TNG novels, I'm trying to read them a second time in order to find out if most of them are as bad as I remember them to be... :laugh:

I just finished Ghost Ship and I'm now reading The Peacekeepers.

I remember those. I used to borrow them and read them when I was 12 or 13. I can remember Q-Inlaw in small parts but not all of it. I found Encounter at Farpoint novel not bad.

TNG - Double Helix (6/6): The First Virtue by Michael Jan Friednman and Christie Golden

Finished Epiphany. It was... meh.... Not one of my all time favorites, but a a descent read and a good end for the trillogy.

Also, I have a question. Josepha Sherman and Susan Shwartz have published numerous books with the word "Vulcan" in the title.. but why are they all about the Romulans? (/'A')/

Anyway, I'm rereading Spock's World right now, for about the 10th time. DX

It's only because I rescently finished String Theory and I've not found anything else I'm interested in, so I'd love some book suggestions.

I actually tried reading a SG-1 novel since I've run out of Trek... but it was so bad.. I just couldn't finish it.

I actually tried reading a SG-1 novel since I've run out of Trek... but it was so bad.. I just couldn't finish it.

Which SG-1 novel was it? I have read the first 2 from the Fandemonium series and found them to be pretty neat (Trial By Fire and Sacrifice Moon).

As far as books are concerned, I stopped in the middle of "Serpents Among The Ruins" to read something else because it was kind of slow.. but I plan to finish it. I have spent the last 3 weeks reading the Star Wars Thrawn Trilogy books (currently reading book 3 "The Last Command" now) and now that's some good reading... as great as the original trilogy movies were.

As for books I plan to read:

• Star Trek: Aliens & Artifacts
    Stargate SG-1: #3 A Matter of Honor
    ST Vanguard: Summon The Thunder
    ST: Lost Era - The Art of the Impossible (oh and also finish 'Serpents')
    ST: The Eugenics Wars volume 1
    ST: TNG - Grounded (I have had this sitting on my shelf for several years and never got around to reading it)

I just wish PB would get around to releasing the next Titan book...

I'm a little more than half way through "A Time To Be Born". I am liking the plot, but it's a little slow. It's basically one episode stretched into 300 pages.

Which SG-1 novel was it? I have read the first 2 from the Fandemonium series and found them to be pretty neat (Trial By Fire and Sacrifice Moon).

As far as books are concerned, I stopped in the middle of "Serpents Among The Ruins" to read something else because it was kind of slow.. but I plan to finish it. I have spent the last 3 weeks reading the Star Wars Thrawn Trilogy books (currently reading book 3 "The Last Command" now) and now that's some good reading... as great as the original trilogy movies were.

As for books I plan to read:

• Star Trek: Aliens & Artifacts
    Stargate SG-1: #3 A Matter of Honor
    ST Vanguard: Summon The Thunder
    ST: Lost Era - The Art of the Impossible (oh and also finish 'Serpents')
    ST: The Eugenics Wars volume 1
    ST: TNG - Grounded (I have had this sitting on my shelf for several years and never got around to reading it)

I just wish PB would get around to releasing the next Titan book...

It was Serpents Among the Ruins.

Are the first two more interesting? My main issue was with the colloquial writting style.

The "Double Helix" Omnibus-or more specifically at this time-"Red Sector" by Diane Carey.

Well I am now reading three of the Companians for Star Trek, TNG, and VOY and yes I plan on DS9 next month. If Trekcore's shop did these books I'd buy them from Trekcore.com

Well I am now reading three of the Companians for Star Trek, TNG, and VOY and yes I plan on DS9 next month. If Trekcore's shop did these books I'd buy them from Trekcore.com

Which edition of TOS do you have? I don't know how many times it was reprinted, but I have two. The red cover one from 1985 which a speical preview of the as-yet unreleased Star Trek IV, and the white cover from 1993, which covers everything from The Cage, to The Undiscovered Country--in short, The whole of TOS.

It goes as far as Star Trek V, its black with the yellow color name, Kirk and Spock on the cover. I haven't read it in years always had the meaning to buy them long ago but with money restrants and lack of time prevented me from it years ago. I am hope it doesn't happen again after shit hitting the fan with the car. Its second hand while the rest are brand spanking new. I wasn't sure if it went up to STVI. Oh well.

It goes as far as Star Trek V, its black with the yellow color name, Kirk and Spock on the cover. I haven't read it in years always had the meaning to buy them long ago but with money restrants and lack of time prevented me from it years ago. I am hope it doesn't happen again after shit hitting the fan with the car. Its second hand while the rest are brand spanking new. I wasn't sure if it went up to STVI. Oh well.

Ah, yes the black cover. I forgot about that one. I bought it for my aunt in 1991. My red cover and white one both have that same picture of Kirk and Spock on it. The only difference in editions was the cover colors (and of course, how far they go movie-wise).

Don't let the books' second hand-ness bug you. My white one is also second hand, it was the only way I could find it. It was printed in 1993 if that helps. It also says "first printing 1989", which makes no sense at all since my first version (the red one) was printed in 1985.

You might look for it on Amazon, or if money is a concern, eBay.

Star Trek Voyager - 1: Caretaker by L.A. Graf