Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Rare Photo Tribute: Special Edition: TUC

7 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Rare Photo Tribute: Special Edition: TUC

Dedicated solely to Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, the sixth and final film to focus upon the Original Series cast of characters, this special edition highlights a key moment in greater Star Trek history. Star Trek VI stands out in many ways due to it's timing in both the franchises history and reality. Of a time when old and new stood alone, a time of change in our world, and of departure from what had been. On this, the films 15th Anniversary, we honor and celebrate the undiscovered country of both fantasy and reality...

:thumbsup2:

Posted · Report post

The rejected movie poster is sweet :D

Posted · Report post

There are two, actually. :P

One's phrase is "Somewhere at the end of history lies the undiscovered country"

The other's is more conspiracy such, "The Deadliest Enemy is Concealed by Friendship"

Posted · Report post

The other's is more conspiracy such, "The Deadliest Enemy is Concealed by Friendship"

LOL I didn't even notice there were 2.

Posted · Report post

Yeah I was astounded to fine such. I've seen art work for rejected posters - the TWOK/TSFS stuff is available, we even have that in the TWOK/TSFS sections normally (they're not up atm) but I've never found finished posters, w/credits logos and tag lines, rejected. Nor from this film. It's really neat. Would have been awesome to have either of them as at least the teaser. Feature the whole crew. But, Shatner (rumor) shot 'em down. :S

Posted · Report post

Excellent!

Posted · Report post

The unused poster art is interesting, but I still prefer the final version. I'm also glad that Valeris became a separate character and Saavik was not a traitor, because I really can't picture her in that role. The only way it would make sense with Saavik is if the concept of her being half Vulcan and half Romulan was kept in the films, and it wasn't.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0