Sign in to follow this  
Virogen

TAS on DVD

Guest Mysterious Stranger

Thank you for that Virogen! Sept 06 huh? I wonder what the asking price will be? I wonder if they've got anything else planned for the 40th Anniversary?

Guest Mysterious Stranger

I expect the price to be around 20- 30 dollars since they will only have a handful of eps each.

I could go that, if it's the whole lot, with a couple of extras and easter eggs.

I am waiting patient. Well not very patient but have my TOS DVD'd and most of TNG some of VOY and DS9. I should write down what I still want and get it one at the time :vulcan: mmmm it might be quicker to write down what I already got:D

Cool Coffee Beans, I'll bet they're spensive! :dontgetit:

Considering the price goughing Paramount has practiced on all the other season sets since 2002, you can't expect the set to retail for no less than $100.00.

Won't stop me from getting them......

Eventually.........

I doubt very much that the set will sell for $100 with only 22 episodes about 25 minutes each. That's about half the airtime of any other season set. My guess is that they will retail for around $60 and you will be able to get them for around $50.

Kevin

However, Star Trek: The Animated Series has been withdrawn for the time being. A Paramount spokesperson who gave no reason for the delay said that it was "as disappointing for us as I'm sure the news will be for fans." No later date for that release has been announced.

I was looking forward to seeing new Trek. :( :sad:

That article refers to region 2 releases. Until I see an article that says the same thing for region one I won't believe that they have canceled it entirely. Region 2 is completely different from region one and it's still very possible that we will see a mid-season release although region two is delayed. Converting NTSC to PAL requires extra effort and money on Paramounts side that they may not feel the UK sales are strong enough to invest in. So...don't give up hope just yet. If this was true regarding any TAS release I think the U.S. side would have already announced before the UK.

Kevin

Kevin

I have only one VHS of TAS. I thinks five episodes on that I can't remember because it was almost a decade ago since I last saw that one. I never seen TAS only that handful. I enjoyed it. I really want to have those TAS to make my DVD collection of Trek 100% complete I am 95% complete with every episode and movie ever made

I took my VHS copies and archived them to DVD-R about a year ago or more. I love my Panasonic DVD recorder. The filters in it are great and the image quality on DVD is far better than the VHS image. They will suffice for me until the official releases come out .

Kevin

I doubt very much that the set will sell for $100 with only 22 episodes about 25 minutes each. That's about half the airtime of any other season set. My guess is that they will retail for around $60 and you will be able to get them for around $50.

Kevin

It's Paramount and It's Star Trek. Trust me, it'll be no less than $100.00.

Well, they have been lowering the prices of their DVD sets recently. But I thought someone posted something saying that they had decided to put off releasing TAS AGAIN :confused:

Sign in to follow this