The Man in High Castle/ Mirror

I can't help but think that The Man in High Castle is the Star Trek Mirror Universe. I enjoyed TMIHC so very much and keep hoping that the next one will come out soon. I am actually really glad that I made the connection because I have to confess that when I watch DS9 and Enterprise mirror episodes I just skip them. So when Disco started in on the mirror stuff I got nervous a little emotional, possibly cranky. I did however put those feelings aside and kept an open mind, I am really enjoying it! That said I hope it doesn't become a crutch with the writing, I still want stuff that happens in the"real" Star Trek Universe. 

14 hours ago, 8472 said:

I can't help but think that The Man in High Castle is the Star Trek Mirror Universe. I enjoyed TMIHC so very much and keep hoping that the next one will come out soon. I am actually really glad that I made the connection because I have to confess that when I watch DS9 and Enterprise mirror episodes I just skip them. So when Disco started in on the mirror stuff I got nervous a little emotional, possibly cranky. I did however put those feelings aside and kept an open mind, I am really enjoying it! That said I hope it doesn't become a crutch with the writing, I still want stuff that happens in the"real" Star Trek Universe. 

First, welcome aboard!

And while we have a thread in our SciFi section for Man in High Castle, we don’t have one dealing with it and similarities to Star Trek, so there’s no need to move this thread.  

Post often and prosper! :thumbup:

I never looked at it that way, but yeah .... TMITHC really is a "mirror universe" of sorts. I wouldn't be surprised if in Trek's mirror universe - the Axis won WWII.