Sign in to follow this  
prometheus59650

Snowpiercer: the series

3 hours ago, prometheus59650 said:

Saw the movie in cinema; enjoyed it.   But that’s it.  I didn’t think there was much more to it than that.  I suppose they could have different episodes taking place in different compartments every week, and it could follow a BSG ‘ragtag’ fleet concept, but I dunno. 

Maybe I’m just getting too cynical in my old age, but I don’t necessarily think every sci-fi concept has the legs to be a series. 

9 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Saw the movie in cinema; enjoyed it.   But that’s it.  I didn’t think there was much more to it than that.  I suppose they could have different episodes taking place in different compartments every week, and it could follow a BSG ‘ragtag’ fleet concept, but I dunno. 

Maybe I’m just getting too cynical in my old age, but I don’t necessarily think every sci-fi concept has the legs to be a series. 

I suppose you can play up the classism...create some intrigue that way, but that sounds very soap opera to me. 

I like the source material enough to maybe give it a couple of episodes, but I don't think I'll have cause to invest beyond that.

I liked that movie a lot. Good, weird and original idea, developed well with a satisfying ending. I’d definitely watch yo see what they do with it - if they can expand upon the concept. I too would be worried if it was just a replay of the movie. But I’ll definitely give it a look. 

On 11.1.2018 at 1:24 AM, Sehlat Vie said:

Agreed. I liked it too, but I'm not sure there's enough story here for a series, quite frankly.

Sign in to follow this