Sign in to follow this  
Yorick

Tracking Shot 3D

A discussion about View-Master on another thread spurred some action. I've always thought that a tracking shot could be converted to 3D if there wasn't too much movement in the scene. The opening of The Ultimate Computer came to mind. Here's a quick version I did for red/cyan glasses and the same for the "cross eyed" method (cross your eyes and make Kirk's head line up in the "middle" image). The frames are about ten frames apart and grabbed using the snip tool. They are then put through Photoshop Elements using a method involving overlays (screen/multiply). Happy to share in detail in there's interest. 

Ultimate Computer 3D2.jpg

Ultimate Ciomputer X eyed 3D.jpg

3 hours ago, Yorick said:

A discussion about View-Master on another thread spurred some action. I've always thought that a tracking shot could be converted to 3D if there wasn't too much movement in the scene. The opening of The Ultimate Computer came to mind. Here's a quick version I did for red/cyan glasses and the same for the "cross eyed" method (cross your eyes and make Kirk's head line up in the "middle" image). The frames are about ten frames apart and grabbed using the snip tool. They are then put through Photoshop Elements using a method involving overlays (screen/multiply). Happy to share in detail in there's interest. 

Ultimate Computer 3D2.jpg

Ultimate Ciomputer X eyed 3D.jpg

Luckily I have a pair of red/cyan 3D glasses here in my home office (I use them for Mars pics, streaming from the Mars rovers and planetary.org).  Wow!!  You did a great job!  
Sulu is REALLY out in front of the image.  Uhura’s uniform turns a bit purplish (unavoidable in the red/cyan format), but otherwise that’s pretty darn cool!

Sign in to follow this