Sign in to follow this  
GustavoLeao

The Year I Gave Up on STAR TREK

Well, I am taking my leave of absence from this forum for the next two weeks as I will be traveling to my family's old country city and farm for this period.

Note that 2017 was the year that I gave up completely on the STAR TREK franchise. A love and a passion which began in 1980 with the release of STAR TREK THE MOTION PICTURE here in Brazil has ended fffffor now.....

I will not watch a dark and somber piece like STAR TREK DISCOVERY that completely changes the continuity, the character archetypes and 50 years of the official cronology of STAR TREK.

I am not happy about the news of  a R-Rated Tarantino movie even if takes place in the TNG universe post-Nemesis.

I am not happy the way CBS is using the STAR TREK license - in novels, comic books and even fan films, cancelling stuff from the right to the left.

Now, its time to be more mature about my hobbies. I still love the MARVEL and DC movies and still will collect Golden and Silver Age comic books and sci-fi animes like YAMATO 2202, but the line about being upset with stuff must be drawn here.

I will just relax and smell the roses in 2018. I sincerely hope you too do this from time to time.

My best regards and  Happy New Year. See you in 2018 !

Gustavo Leao

Belo Horizonte - Brazil

Edited by GustavoLeao

Well, first I hope you have a wonderful time and a Happy New Year!

As for your decision to ‘leave’ Star Trek?  I understand.  Just hoping you don’t leave our merry band on this forum; we always appreciate you (even if we tease you; it’s all in love, of course...).   ;)

Oh no, I wont leave this forum or the friendships I made here. I am just changing my focus and paying attention to what makes me feel good. Right now is MARVEL movies, Netflix TV Series, 1940s classic comics and new animes, and boy its  a lot of stuff.

But I love here, I will no leave. I will just not discuss currwent TREK anymore.

My best wishes to all of you and lets make 2018 the best year yet !

Gus

2 hours ago, GustavoLeao said:

Oh no, I wont leave this forum or the friendships I made here. I am just changing my focus and paying attention to what makes me feel good. Right now is MARVEL movies, Netflix TV Series, 1940s classic comics and new animes, and boy its  a lot of stuff.

But I love here, I will no leave. I will just not discuss currwent TREK anymore.

My best wishes to all of you and lets make 2018 the best year yet !

Gus

Hey, the heart wants what it wants...;)

22 hours ago, GustavoLeao said:

Well, I am taking my leave of absence from this forum for the next two weeks as I will be traveling to my family's old country city and farm for this period.

Note that 2017 was the year that I gave up completely on the STAR TREK franchise. A love and a passion which began in 1980 with the release of STAR TREK THE MOTION PICTURE here in Brazil has ended fffffor now.....

I will not watch a dark and somber piece like STAR TREK DISCOVERY that completely changes the continuity, the character archetypes and 50 years of the official cronology of STAR TREK.

I am not happy about the news of  a R-Rated Tarantino movie even if takes place in the TNG universe post-Nemesis.

I am not happy the way CBS is using the STAR TREK license - in novels, comic books and even fan films, cancelling stuff from the right to the left.

Now, its time to be more mature about my hobbies. I still love the MARVEL and DC movies and still will collect Golden and Silver Age comic books and sci-fi animes like YAMATO 2202, but the line about being upset with stuff must be drawn here.

I will just relax and smell the roses in 2018. I sincerely hope you too do this from time to time.

My best regards and  Happy New Year. See you in 2018 !

Gustavo Leao

Belo Horizonte - Brazil

Not quite where you are Gus but I completely understand.  My passion for Trek has been diminishing for years now.  Perhaps it was my father's losing battle with bladder cancer.  Perhaps it was my getting older.  Perhaps it is the direction the movies and TV have taken since Enterprise. 

Don't get me wrong.  I still watch it and buy the books (of which I literally have stacks I have not read) although I have stopped buying any except TOS and ENT.  I don't even come here as I once did.  But it isn't THE entertainment in my life it was at one time.  I can't explain it.    

Thanks, kc1966, well said. My feelings, exactly.

Happy New Year, folks ! Feliz ano novo ! I am back, missed something ? Home sweet home ! 2018 will surprise some people, it will be such a fabulous year ! I have spoken ! LOL

Gus

Sign in to follow this