Chimera82405

The Disaster Artist actually makes bad films look good

This week has been a little hectic, with seeing friends/family for the holidays, but hopefully (?) I will get a chance to catch up on other (non-Star Wars) movies a little next week.  “Disaster Artist” and “Shape of Water” (opening this week) are very high on my list.   My wife and I are going to see “Shape...” this Sunday but I may have to see “Disaster Artist” solo; not one person I know wants to see it, nor do they share my perverse fascination with “The Room.”   

0SzxAHy.gif  :laugh:

8 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

This week has been a little hectic, with seeing friends/family for the holidays, but hopefully (?) I will get a chance to catch up on other (non-Star Wars) movies a little next week.  “Disaster Artist” and “Shape of Water” (opening this week) are very high on my list.   My wife and I are going to see “Shape...” this Sunday but I may have to see “Disaster Artist” solo; not one person I know wants to see it, nor do they share my perverse fascination with “The Room.”   

0SzxAHy.gif  :laugh:

Enjoyable, even on your own...

source.gif.47476140581c82ba139a0af946b3d347.gif

Finally saw “The Disaster Artist” (2017) this afternoon.  

IMG_8652.gif

Lots of fun.   I enjoyed it, though I wouldn’t go so far as to say its an easily accessible comedy for anybody.  I saw it with a very lively audience of about 30 or so people who were obviously familiar with “The Room” (that helps... a lot).  But structurally and in tone, the movie reminds me of a mix between “Ed Wood” (1994) and “Man on the Moon” (1999).   James Franco’s pitch perfect comic performance as the real-life Tommy Wiseau is almost as brilliant as Jim Carrey’s Andy Kaufman, IMO.