BobbyDrake

question about aeroshuttle

I heard that on board of the starship Voyager was this unique aeroshuttle which can used for the short missions in the planet atmosphere.

Strange why they are never used this shuttle for the away missions?

jMjtd85.jpg?1

What do you think about this shuttle and why crew of the starship Voyager never used this shuttle.

The writers seem to have simply forgotten that it existed.

I mean,  the writers could have said that Paris modified it with all the bells and whistles he wanted and called that the Delta Flyer. 

And welcome and post often.

Edited by prometheus59650

Not only just the Aeroshuttles that the writers had forgotten about it....the writers for TNG had forgotten about the Captain's Yacht for the Enterprise D too.  

2 hours ago, JayTheTrekkie said:

Not only just the Aeroshuttles that the writers had forgotten about it....the writers for TNG had forgotten about the Captain's Yacht for the Enterprise D too.  

Well, I can give TNG a pass because models cost money and it would probably be rarely used.

It's a little more glaring in Voyager because of the Delta Flyer. The show decided it had a need for a higher-end auxiliary craft, and actually used it quite a bit.

But they already had one with the Aeroshuttle. It would have been easy to say, "Let's soup that up."

TrekYards discussed the aeroshuttle with the art designer some months ago, January 2017 and in July 2017.

I think it's likely the Delta Flyer tech was cobbled from the aeroshuttle and used to make the Flyer. They didn't want to lose hull integrity of they lost the shuttle, so they used it for parts, and sealed up the holes. That is my guess.

2 hours ago, Chimera82405 said:

TrekYards discussed the aeroshuttle with the art designer some months ago, January 2017 and in July 2017.

I think it's likely the Delta Flyer tech was cobbled from the aeroshuttle and used to make the Flyer. They didn't want to lose hull integrity of they lost the shuttle, so they used it for parts, and sealed up the holes. That is my guess.

Likely.

Though in this case "hull integrity" = "production values." They'd have to shoot new flight footage with the Aeroshuttle piece taken out of the hull.

So, as with the yacht on TNG, the real answer is $$$.

Edited by prometheus59650